learn more

Ron Paul Blasts 'Secret Government' Running Economy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I think they know exactly what they are doing. Crashing the economy is the first step to be able to build the world up again into the shape they want it.

They will say that a world government is the cure. Not only for preventing global economic crisis, but for fighting terrorism, preventing wars and getting all your vitamins in the morning...

You cant create a new world without ripping the old one down first. World government means unlimited power over the entire planet.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Copernicus]

This IS ultimate plan, but the ones "in charge" of setting up the whole system won't be the ones running it...for long.

These people should know it's harder to take over and control many systems(kingdoms) than it is to takeover just one.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

To bad Ron Paul killed himself by putting himself out on a limb about radical issues; so now when he talks about credible issues no one will listen. Great job Ron.

It's about that time to be doing so. When "radical" is considered credible and what was once considered credible is minuscule.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You know the real # is hitting the fan if even Glenn Beck is openly questioning the legality of the Federal Reserve and calling them out and pulling no punches on live television! I think Ron Paul may have inspired him, because before Glenn Beck had nothing good to say and now he's the biggest Ron Paul kiss *** on television. I just finished watching the second round of Glenn Beck and he was saying "THE FED IS A PRIVATE COMPANY! THEY SHOULD HAVE NO SAY IN GOVERNMENTAL MATTERS!" Crazy how people only get their head out of their *** after they've done the damage. Never before. That's America for you, though. Patriot goggles.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I think some of these MSM shills are seeing the writing on the wall. If they don't start recognizing and acknowledging what is happening to this country, then they are going to be recieving some of the first furious backlashes when all hell breaks loose.

These people have helped create this monster by spewing non-stop propaganda to help dumb down the sheeples.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Oh man, you are so not kidding.. I was watching CNN.live through the browser a bit ago and they are so underplaying all of this and they don't even touch on the what the REAL problem is (US dollar loosing value, overprinting of money by the Fed..ect ect). They showed a clip of Sen. Dodd when he made comments after their meeting yesterday and show where he says "what was said was somber"...not the part where he says "we were told we are days away from a total meltdown"....

People not only have they known about this and probably have been planning for it, now they KNOW it is happening...but can't scare the masses right?

I also wonder why its so hard to find a clip of Bush during his comments..I've heard it sounds like he was drunk or stunned or something..anyone have a link to that?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
OK, I am Canadian and do not understand some things about your electoral system. Every once in a while I come across someone making a suggestion to "write in" Sen. Ron Paul on the ballot.
Is that possible? Could he actually become president just by enough people writing him in instead of picking only from the candidates the parties selected?

If it is so, then here is your chance, a chance to perform a non-violent "coup d'etat". Wouldn't that just shake up the world and make a profound statement for "democracy"?!!
It would surely be an amazing feet and example of the power of the people. It would thrust America back into the position of a "just" society and example for the world.
Sounds like a very American thing. Please tell me you can do it!!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I doubt that it would actually happen, that is receive enough votes in each state that his 'electorates' would get to vote for him...

But I do feel that if enough people did write him in it would send a strong message.

I respect the fact that he has tried to work through the Republican party and hasn't left it...But after all this mess, I don't know..now seems the time for drastic measures. I think RP would be the only candidate out of all the 3rd party ones that could have a chance at coming close. I don't really know enough about any of the other ones, or feel they have the experience, track record or respect to be elected. I think most of them would probably step aside to let him run to if he chose to lol

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
THEY WANT MAMA TO MAKE IT ALL BETTER! Rep Kapture

Bob...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
OK, I am Canadian and do not understand some things about your electoral system. Every once in a while I come across someone making a suggestion to "write in" Sen. Ron Paul on the ballot.
Is that possible? Could he actually become president just by enough people writing him in instead of picking only from the candidates the parties selected?

Even Ron Paul says that write ins are discarded so it really has no use.

Ron Paul is endorsing 3rd party candidates now, he's asking everyone to vote 3rd party.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
The bottom line is we know the games, but we need to remain focused and aware of ALL the chess pieces.

Star for you. Im a little late to the convo, but this is a very important point to remember. What we are seeing now is only one move. This may just be their bishop moving into position, but the knight is about to do something crazy.Everybody keep your eyes open and dont dial in too tight on one thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
although many feel that the "rich" will be hurt the same of the rest of us with a collapsed dollar, it is just not true. The "rich" have been diversifying into other currencies and gold for a long time......

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Also a solution for our situation

www.fedupusa.org...

Bob...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I thought I would respond to your post in particular because

1 - I agree with you (any of my latest posts prove that).

2 - Because of the fact that Ron Paul is 100 times more qualified to be VP than Sarah Palin.

Hate to revisit that whole can of worms but it's true.. It's pretty obvious why John McCain chose Sarah Palin..

-After having ONE meeting with her
-With Sarah Palin having zero foreign policy experience (NO, The fact that Alaska is near Russia does not mean she has foreign policy experience like John McCain's wife said..)
-With Sarah Palin Having been a governor whose policies and decisions have almost always been wrought with controversy in the state of Alaska which is very politically polarized. (I am an Alaskan citizen and have lived hear since 2000 so I can vouch for this just from reading what has been in the newspapers).
-WITH Sarah Palin's controversial baggage with "trooper gate" (which was being talked about up here in the media weeks before she was selected for VP).
-Despite Sarah Palin's controversial family situation with her daughter being knocked up by a beer-drinking, hockey-playing, young redneck kid when Sarah Palin HERSELF was an staunch advocate of absitinence-only education during her 2006 gubernatorial race.

The only reason she has been SOOO popular among republicans in Alaska is because she is a very right-wing conservative Christian who always sais the things right-wing conservatives want to hear. The truth is, if you compare her with our current idiotic president they are almost one and the same.. Yet John McCain is trying to preach about change in Washington??

This is easily one of the worst political decisions I have ever seen..
From what I have seen of Republicans here in Alaska, people feel hopeful for the Republican Party and people just generally feel invigorated because of the VP pick. But many of these people I have seen even care to point-out or talk about her flaws. That's critical in an election isn't it? This is one of the main reasons that I have opted out of voting for a long time. People choose the righteous motives of the Republican party over what is best for the people of this country..

Not everyone in this country necessarily wants to see ANOTHER Republican presidency that mirrors the current failed presidency in so many ways. It almost seems that for Republicans at this point it is largely a simple matter of beating Obama in November because of his popularity and overall success up to this point and I just don't think that the Republican party can do it with what has transpired so far.

Anyway, when you look at Ron Paul's resume, what he represents, and what kind of hope he instills in young people all over the country, you begin to see how qualified he really is.

He ALWAYS knows what he is talking about. He not only recognizes and publicly points out the current flaws in Washington but he never does so without having a clear and pre-determined solution to the problem.

He ALWAYS speaks clearly, concisely, and in a way that is easy for everyone to understand (If you have watched Bush for 8 years you can see how important this is).

He doesn't have ANY of the ridiculous political and family baggage that Sarah Palin has brought with her into the McCain camp..

But seeing as he was not even invited to the RNC, it's quite obvious that Ron Paul is hated by his own party even though everything he has been talking about for years about the economy is now coming to froition.

www.sourcewatch.org...

Committees

House Committee on Financial Services

Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy, Trade, and Technology -Ranking

Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations

House Committee on Foreign Affairs

Subcommittee on International Organizations, Human Rights, and Oversight

Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere

Committee assignments in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)

House Committee on Financial Services

Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit

Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy Trade and Technology

Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations

House Committee on International Relations

Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific

Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere

Joint Economic Committee

Coalitions and Caucuses

Congressional Fire Services Caucus

Congressional Rural Caucus

Boards and other Affiliations

Founder, Foundation for Rational Economics and Education

Founder, National Endowment for Liberty

Founder, Liberty Political Action Committee FEC Committee ID #: C00234641; IRS Form 990; and LibertyPAC.net

Founder/Honorary Chairman, The Liberty Committee (Note: Ron Paul is no longer affiliated with The Liberty Committee.)

Distinguished Counselor, Ludwig von Mises Institute

Former Trustee, Foundation for Economic Education.

I can tell you one thing.. If the Republicans lose this election, John McCain would take ALL the heat. I guarantee you that Sarah Palin would be redeemed by her own party given her extreme right-wing opinions and overall view of how government should work. She is the new golden child of the Republican Party. The Conservatives like her because she is willing to directly challenge the Dems and fire back when she is under fire. The only problem is she is unwilling to discuss anything regarding her connection to trooper gate (which is probably a smart thing).

She wants NOTHING compromising this chance for the Republicans to win the election regardless of her true connections to all this controversy she has brought with her. As a politician, this is almost expected but as an honest human being it puts her integrity into question in my view (and it should). I still cannot understand why McCain would even think to choose Palin..

-ChriS

[edit on 22-9-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

What’s more he says he is not sure the Federal Reserve has any idea what to do next and that the Congress is totally oblivious to the whole sorry state of affairs...

(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh bs. We all know that the congress knows something is going down. If not then why did so many people become upset in the secret door March meeting, where some of the congressmen came out disgusted and angry but wouldn't give a quote?

-- honestly. If this is as big as its supposed to be, then more people than we think probably have a somewhat factual idea as to what is really going down.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Making the rounds with Wolf Blitzer...He makes a good point that what this bailout is doing is just propping up and continuing the same interests RESPONSIBLE for what created this mess in the first place. It's devaluing the dollar into total obscurity...

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConMi27
Oh bs. We all know that the congress knows something is going down. If not then why did so many people become upset in the secret door March meeting, where some of the congressmen came out disgusted and angry but wouldn't give a quote?

-- honestly. If this is as big as its supposed to be, then more people than we think probably have a somewhat factual idea as to what is really going down.

Which explains there sleepless nights, and refusal to abandon the people to the whim of the Fed. Right?

They took time to 'fix' their personal portfolios. They won't suffer one bit.

Meanwhile they were all angrily screaming to the masses to prepare and beware, right? Rah rah.

They are all criminals, and the corporations owning the Federal Reserve are the worst of the lot. (by the way they will make it illegal for the courts or even the make-believe the representatives of the people to 'oversee' their numbers game.) Profit before people. Remember that when you're in line for your papers.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Bailing these giants out is borderline non-constitutional. If they really wanted to crash they economy, they'd not have bailed them out, simply put, and they'd have plenty of legs to stand on. How someone can watch our government struggle to try to bail themselves out of their own complacent idiocy, and come to the conclusion they are trying to crash the economy baffles me. It was made EASY for them to do so, and they are not doing it. Ditch that theory, it makes no sense.

AIG needed bailing out. Yes, it sucks we pay for it, bottom line, but if they did not, it would be much worse for us in the long run.

"Borderline non-constitutional?" It is unconstitutional...it is being done by an unconstitutional body, the Federal Reserve. Anything that the FED is involved in right down to their very existence is unconstitutional, and an absolute travesty. They are, and have been for far to long, the unilateral decision-maker on all things economic. I challenge everyone to speak about it to anyone, it is our duty to our friends and neighbors, to inform them that the system they think they live in is a charade, and nowhere near the reality they perceive.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There is only one good thing I can see in propping up things for the time being. This would be a great time for Congress to setup a new banking system not privatly owned but government run, and slide it into place. This way things will not fall completely apart. Once the exchange is done, we can tell the Fed to hit the road and don`t look back.

No, and I`m not talking about setting up for the Amero either.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Dr. Paul has a guest commentary article on CNN today. Another excellent read. I can only hope some of these folks will listen to him...

Bailouts will lead to rough economic ride

When interest rates are lowered to below what the market rate would normally be, as the Federal Reserve has done numerous times throughout this decade, it becomes much cheaper to borrow money. Longer-term and more capital-intensive projects, projects that would be unprofitable at a high interest rate, suddenly become profitable.Because the boom comes about from an increase in the supply of money and not from demand from consumers, the result is malinvestment, a misallocation of resources into sectors in which there is insufficient demand.

In this case, this manifested itself in overbuilding in real estate. When builders realize they have overbuilt and have too many houses to sell, too many apartments to rent, or too much commercial real estate to lease, they seek to recoup as much of their money as possible, even if it means lowering prices drastically.

This lowering of prices brings the economy back into balance, equalizing supply and demand. This economic adjustment means, however that there are some winners -- in this case, those who can again find affordable housing without the need for creative mortgage products, and some losers -- builders and other sectors connected to real estate that suffer setbacks.

The government doesn't like this, however, and undertakes measures to keep prices artificially inflated. This was why the Great Depression was as long and drawn out in this country as it was.

Full story:
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 23-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join