page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+57 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ron Paul Blasts 'Secret Government' Running Economy

www.infowars.com

Congressman Ron Paul has issued a stinging address concerning the financial crisis in which he outlines how the current economic problems, created via malinvestment and shift to a debt based economy, are now being mismanaged by private interests in secret.

What’s more he says he is not sure the Federal Reserve has any idea what to do next and that the Congress is totally oblivious to the whole sorry state of affairs - a cocktail of elements he warns puts the middle class of America in serious jeopardy.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Heh, Dr. Paul is on a role as of late!

That which would have read like a conspiracy-nuts grand expose' appears to be coming into real world conspiratorial fruition.

The wild thing about these recent events over the past few months is I don't even know if we can label this as being a "secret" government anymore: It appears to be literally going on right in front of everyone's eyes with BLATANCY.

It is almost surreal to watch the criminality of it all...

“The interesting thing is that they (the financial institutions) don’t come to the Congress, I mean the Federal Reserve buys them out, they own it. We as tax payers now own Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and know one knows how much that will cost. They don’t come to the Congress, we don’t have appropriations, it’s done by secret government, private individuals behind the scenes maneuvering and manipulating and trying to patch things up. While in the meantime, I’m sure there’s a few people making a couple of bucks out of this whole thing.”

Yet another must-listen IMO:

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think they know exactly what they are doing. Crashing the economy is the first step to be able to build the world up again into the shape they want it.

They will say that a world government is the cure. Not only for preventing global economic crisis, but for fighting terrorism, preventing wars and getting all your vitamins in the morning...

You cant create a new world without ripping the old one down first. World government means unlimited power over the entire planet.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The only thing they can really do is set up some dominos, but they cannot control it after that. So they do not control it all together, but like will cooper said they have plenty of plans running at same time so if one fails, the others make it.

Good on ron paul, i assume many more at congress will be asking him about the truth now.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well i gotta remember if i ever lose u huge amount of money at the race track to just go get it from the fed..

Investments are LEGAL GAMBLING!! Your betting that the stocks will rise . If they dont you lose . The only difference is you can lose at different speeds and over time .

They should have let AIG crash . It was a bad investment that should be that .
If i buy a crappy house and the property value drops drastically in the area i dont get a tax break . Noone comes to my aid . And why should they . It was my poor judgement and not doing my homework that got me into the mess.

[Side note]: Anyone ever notice Paul seems to be the only person in the government that don't read from queue cards? I mean it never seems like it . If he is/does then he is really good at it ..
Too me it seems like he speaks from his heart with the knowledge/experience to back it up .
One day Paul ...One day!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That is one of the issue that bothers me the most, it seems that our congress is powerless against the fed and whatever fat rats seats behind the curtains.

What happen to America? where is the will of the people?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What I want to know is, will the federal government bail ME out when I default on my student loans?

Seriously, we as a nation screwed up by not picking Ron Paul to be the republican candidate. And we WILL be paying dearly for not listening to the good doctor sooner!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged sir, and added as a friend , should have done it a while ago, for you are a true patriot.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks DD!

May this thread see 1,000,000 hits.

What is it about those in power who just can't resist the temptation to always be in charge and always have all the cards, even if they don't know what to do with them?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I was listening to Peter Schiff (the President of Euro Pacific Capital) again the other day and he's been echoing what Ron Paul has been saying for many months now (Schiff said that he would vote for Ron Paul if he was the Republican nominee). Schiff relates our debt-crazed and addicted socio-economic culture to a train wreck in progress and that at this point it is too late to avoid a major economic crash. I've been listening to Schiff's comments for several years now and he's been 100% correct on his economic forecasts (banking collapse, dollar, inflation, debt, "Fed", FDIC, etc.).

He was pretty bold in what he said the other day too. He recommended to get your money OUT of the bank; put some in gold, international bonds and currencies, energy and commodities, etc. He stated that we're the next Zimbabwe in terms of devalued currency and inflation and to expect budget deficits in the trillions, thanks to government takeovers of the mortgage giants and banks. With regard to "conventional wisdom" getting us out of this mess, he said that there's nothing conventional and it's unwise to assume that more debt will resolve this mess, just make it much worse. Like Ron Paul, he said that printing and borrowing more and more money to alleviate the situation just makes it worse (trying to expand the bubble while it's bursting). We've been living in a huge bubble economy for years now and it's simply bursting. He was quick to state that neither Presidential candidate truly understands the problem and has absolutely no plan to help (of course, their stand on most major issues are the same.)

Anyway, Schiff's got guts to say this on tv. Not even "Mr. Independent" Lou Dobbs has the guts to say it like Schiff did and I commend him for his honesty and even patriotism - the guy actually cares about the country (plus he must have a nice net worth that he wants to maintain.)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Found another clip of Dr. Paul talking to Neil Cavuto yesterday about this nightmare, and the ever-fraudulent fed...He's also talking about the underlying trainwreck that gets little mention--DERIVATIVES:

Poor Dr. Paul has been screaming into the wind for ages now, and no one seems to be listening...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What a bastard, kook, crazy, stupid, out of touch, antique idiot. I mean come on! He's all "caring" and "looking out for his people." It just makes me want to run into every thread and tell everybody how much I dislike him or how dumb he is for all that.

Common sense?
Concern?
Integrity?
Intelligence?
Guts?
Directness?
Honor?
Loyalty?

Ew, ew, and ewwwwww. Can't have that in America.

Seriously # all Ron Paul haters.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

You should probably edit that. We need to be attacking their policies, not them individually, lest we become just like them.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That is one of the issue that bothers me the most, it seems that our congress is powerless against the fed and whatever fat rats seats behind the curtains.

What happen to America? where is the will of the people?

Where is the will of the people? It`s in big brothers back pocket, right where he wants it. I have seen it here in ATS, i`ve seen it in gatherings with my friends, and in public in general. The moment anyone even dares to say anything bad about this country, this government, this war, you are labeled unpatriotic. And most people fear being branded with that. They are made to feel like idiots for even thinking in those terms. So you ask where it is? We are not suppose to have a will, and if you do, your unpatriotic comrade.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this video earlier. What more can I say Ron Paul knows his stuff. This is why he will never be president. The PTB need puppets and not people who can think for themselves. I just hope this movement grows so we can eventually take back our country.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here's more

Also
Part1
www.foxbusiness.com...

Part2
www.foxbusiness.com...

Insanity man, but the question is why aren't the people doing anything?
Who is really the most insane?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I think they know exactly what they are doing. Crashing the economy is the first step to be able to build the world up again into the shape they want it.

They will say that a world government is the cure. Not only for preventing global economic crisis, but for fighting terrorism, preventing wars and getting all your vitamins in the morning...

You cant create a new world without ripping the old one down first. World government means unlimited power over the entire planet.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Copernicus]

If they wanted an economic collapse, they wouldn't be bailing out corporations would they?

It's a sad tale about some rich men protecting rich men and their rich assets to ensure they remain as rich as they once where in exchange for making certain other rich men even richer for their troubles.

We call it Capitalism, or rather, we still do in vain, it's more like an Oligarchy.

Just understand this:

When the economy falls and the Dollar collapses, rich men are no longer rich, they are just as poor as the rest of us. Only they won't have any friends, and all those they hit on the way up to their little pedestal will have a blast knocking the crap out of them on their way back down.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Part2
www.foxbusiness.com...[/quote ]

I love how when Ron Paul said that people don't know where Georgia is on a map, the reporter was all "it's true", as if everybody in the media world knows how dumbed-down we are.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Nope.

I respect the man too much to not have my lines drawn. He has been the only one passionate about the welfare of his fellow citizens. Making sure we're okay, updating us, doing his job in congress. In the video he says "25 of the committee members didn't even show up for the vote." That's how our congress works? These people are responsible for our overall welfare and livelihood and they're out #ing around while those who showed up decided whether or not we're going to blow another $1,000,000,000.00 on a hostile country!? That's not right, and the cowards hiding behind a computer screen are going to tear him down is not "whatever" anymore.

McCain has no heart, integrity, loyalty, honesty.
Obama has no heart, integrity, loyalty, honesty.

Ron Paul is the antithesis of those men.

You can almost guarantee that you will live a life that reflects your characteristics. Obama and McCain who are rivals only in how incredibly dishonest they can be are going to run their whitehouse the same way. Flip flopping on their words right now, spells doom for their word later on.

"We're going to do [ Insert commonly accepted/anticipated action here]"

And after they're elected, what are they going to do? Exactly the opposite. This brings back Bush's 'Humble foreign policy" and after he is elected we almost immediately wreak havoc across the middle east. Leaving a trail of dead American soldiers, hundreds of thousands of Afghan, Iraqi, Pakistani, and Kurdish men, women, and children. This isn't just George "dubya" Bush, but his father and Bill Clinton had their part in this as well. Not only has the past four terms of the United States administration set us up for incredible failure spanning the entire spectrum of American livelihood, they have delivered lie after lie in pursuit of it.

And once again, we're going to settle for someone that abides by those principles and standards. No one who knows what self sacrifice truly is, but only how to say it. Obama and McCain have been perfectly propositioned by people thinking they belong to some "party." As if it is some sort of binding contract. They then treat their politics like they treat their football games, "As long as my team wins!" mentality. It grosses me out. Saddens me even more.

It's not only a sentiment I have towards people harping on a very honorable old man, but my sentiments to people who are allowing their country to be controlled at the helm by people who are only going to make our lives worse. We've seen the complete obliteration of the lower and middle classes. The lower and lower middle classes are now homeless or getting there, the middle class have part time jobs to make sure their gas tank is filled and the heat stays on. And we have tools like Biden saying "Paying higher taxes is patriotic!" Obama and his fabricated "I lived on food stamps" routine, giving the lower/lower middle classes false hope that he knows what it's like to struggle.

And we're here.. People still defending these bastards because again, as we've seen.. "It's the lesser of two evils."

I will not stand for my friends lying to me, let alone the man who is going to have control over my country. And you wonder why America is in a downward spiral? It's because you're all so gullible, ignorant, and unintelligent.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It really pisses me off to see that Ron Paul is the only one who gives a damn about any of this. I would love to see either one of the candidates speak in the same manner that Ron does. All I ever hear from them is how they're going to lower taxes while the other is going to raise them...or how they have the ultimate solution to the energy crisis. Its painful to sit back and watch the American people only care about taxes and gas. No one really wants to look at other candidates and study what their stances are. Its all just a popularity contest between the Rep and Dem's.

It would be nice to have Ron Paul come up with economic questions for them in the debate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join