It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Congress May Adjourn , Leave Crisis to FED , Treasury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Democratic Congress May Adjourn , Leave Crisis to FED , Treasury

www.bloomberg.com

Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) -- The Democratic-controlled Congress, acknowledging that it isn't equipped to lead the way to a solution for the financial crisis and can't agree on a path to follow, is likely to just get out of the way.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
One reason, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said yesterday, is that ``no one knows what to do'' at the moment.

So Congress would rather wait till next year unless Treasury Secretary Henry Paulsen or Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke call for help.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They really dont know what to do. The Democrats or the Republicans. The reason why is the FED has usurped them and they dont even realize it. Ron Paul was our last hope.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That's funny..., especially since both parties ( I know it's really only one) claim to have the answer - which is why we should vote for their presidential candidate!

I think this just proves that neither of the two primary candidates are capable. If their party doesn't know what to do, why are they there, why should we need them there at all?

I wouldn't be surprised if every one of them, on both sides, have been ordered to shut up, make no comment, and stay away from this shameful debacle (that they are responsible for engendering in the first place.)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well this how our for the people elected government shows that they no longer work for anything but the lobbyist in Washington.

They are useless and out of touch with reality.

Now the new government in charge the "fed" and the new president "Paulson" is going to fix the problem with a new and improved "fed bastard son" with its own power and its own governor, now for this they need the good for nothing "congress" to pass the necessary laws so they new "fed bastard branch" can have its own powers.

I think my head is spinning right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Is it my imagination or is the Federal Government just going to go ahead and take over? They are not even being subtle about it at this point.....

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm not the least bit suprised to hear that
Of course they don't know what to do - incompetent boobs! They're too stupid to realize that their farcical actions led to this whole mess in the first place.

The pieces are falling into place people. I now have a very clear understanding what all of those REX84 facilities are for... when avergae sheeple finally wake up and realize that they've been pillaged and plundered there is going to be some serious unrest and their corporate masters are going to need a place to stash them away.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A congressman should never say such things even if they are true. The whole basis of government is the perception of authority and power. Why would the Congress of the US of A say it's incompetent? Most of us already knew, but if that perception spread, it could seriously damage the government and the economy. A huge factor in the stability and prosperity of any economy is confidence in its government. If you go around projecting weakness and incompetence investors won't stick around to find out if you're being honest. But then again, we all know who really runs the show, and the Fed's autonomous bailouts, regardless of your feelings toward them, reveal how impotent Congress is.

Call up your congressmen and demand to know why you're paying them so d@mn much!!

new topics

top topics

join