It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Obama loses the race?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kahis

Wow! I have got to hand it to you that was very well put. You really hit a few American rusty nails right on the head. I couldnt agree with you more.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well overseas, especially in germany for some reason, there seems to be overwhelming support for Obama. I understand that this is not neccessarily viewed as a positive thing by the Obama camp tho, as it may well annoy the electorate enough to give a significant boost to macca (with good reason too).

When Obama loses the election i suspect the rest of the world will be groaning at the thought of another four years of hawkish foreign policy and constant threats of pre-emptive attacks on non-compliant oil rich countries.

Expect the whole 'wipe off the map' fallacy to go airbourne also

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqid4life
What do you all think will be the repercussions if any if Obama loses the race for president? Does anyone believe it will spark severe turbulence here in the U.S.?

If so, what kind?

I think it depends. If the election looks legitimate and there are no issues with voter fraud, caging lists, cold calling, opposite exit polling results or Diebold errors. Then I think, people will deal with it just fine. I mean there will be Obama supporters who are pissed but nothing crazy.

But if there are issues with the above possibilities, which there have been in the last two elections. I think many will feel this is the last straw, I know I will. I dont care which side the fraud goes for or against, it is unacceptable. It is inexcusible and if there is evidence of voter fraud, I hope there are riots.

The 2000 election was not even an election, the Supreme court decided who the President would be and in 2004 there were many reports of voter fraud in Ohio and other areas but the MSM failed to do their job and report fully on it. If this kind of thing happens again, I hope people flood the streets and it should not even be a democrat/republican thing, every American should be pissed about voter fraud even if it helps their side.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

My sister just told me she wants to vote for john because obama is black .. she is not the only one I have heard many others voting for john because obama is black

I've been told this same thing from friends, members of my family, and co-workers. I am simply astonished by the amount of racism. People whom I had no idea that they held such views have suddenly felt empowered to say such things as "I'm sorry, but I don't like blacks and I'm racist and will be voting for John McCain". At that point all subjectivity ceases and what do you say to that? Another person told me he was for Clinton and that at least she was pure skinned. I've been told racist jokes about Obama. I've heard other's tell them.

I really thought America maybe had matured and grown out of it's racist past, but I no longer believe that. A few months ago I thought we had moved beyond that and that people were really interested in the issues and positions the candidates take on them, but now see that while progress has been made over the past 50 years, more recently little has changed.

No matter if he wins or if he does not win, the issue of racism and the very fact that a large percentage of America votes for reasons other than the issues and policy still remains and should be dealt with.

Still you have to give him credit for his hard work in the face of profound ignorance and that he managed to work his way up and finish top of his class at Harvard law school then go on to teach Constitutional Law, then become a state legislature and finally a two term US Senator until becoming the Democratic nominee for President of the United States. Who would have dreampt this ever possible? So maybe there is hope?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
If black people riot they will be cut down in the streets this time. Sadly. Kind of......Because they will be seen as terrorists. They can burn their own hoods up, I dont care. But if they stray past the wrong side of the tracks you have millions of rednecks who have been buying guns and ammo just in case McCain looses. A perfect storm for a real mess. Lets face it, most black thugs dont own 10000 rounds of ammo and ITT night vision. You would be surprised at how many redneck racists do.

I want to add that I don't put Obama into the thug thing. He has done a amazing job of running so far. I respect him for that. I may think his ideas are crap, but he is a decent man trying to do what he thinks is right for his country. The nuts out there are the problem. Right and left. Rich and poor

[edit on 19-9-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
If black people riot they will be cut down in the streets this time. Sadly. Kind of......Because they will be seen as terrorists. They can burn their own hoods up, I dont care. But if they stray past the wrong side of the tracks you have millions of rednecks who have been buying guns and ammo just in case McCain looses. A perfect storm for a real mess. Lets face it, most black thugs dont own 10000 rounds of ammo and ITT night vision. You would be surprised at how many redneck racists do.

I want to add that I don't put Obama into the thug thing. He has done a amazing job of running so far. I respect him for that. I may think his ideas are crap, but he is a decent man trying to do what he thinks is right for his country. The nuts out there are the problem. Right and left. Rich and poor

Yeah, see the that fact that there are right and wrong sides of the track to begin with is a major part of the problem. Your'e right the white thugs have all the ammo and night vision . There has been a process of containment going on for the last fifty years and maybe if Obama loses, this containment will collapse, I hope it does, really.

Exactly what ideas of Obamas are crap be specific here, I think your'e talking through your cake hole frankly. Please state specifically.

If only the impoverished in most western nations hadn't allowed themselves to be suckered by vapid TV and bad food this might have happened sooner. But I think it's on its way. Meltdown lies ahead, just up the road apiece. Anarchy is on the horizon, I just hope that the newly elected gumbo Palin doesn't see it as the beginning of somekind of rapture nonsense and decide to nuke the projects, nuke the huddled masses etc...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Nothing will happen, we'll continue down the same path as we have for 8 years. Unfortunately, the path is spiraling downward rather quickly.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Some of your comments may have just put you in the same category of those that you speak of. When you say wrong side of the tracks are you implying that the others are on the right side? You walk a fine line that stumbles onto part of the problem.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by iamcamouflage]

[edit on 19-9-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
When Obama loses, there will be mass murder on biblical terms. Riots, then retaliation...........the national guard will be shooting at each other.....

The illegals will rise up and take over the southwest until Texas beats them down again. The northeast will freeze in the worst winter in 1000 years because Texas will stop sending heating oil.

Chicago will burn entirely from the riots starting at Rev Wrights vile church of hate...........

Wallstreet will hit 50,000 up 25,000 in a single day..........

(well you ask)...................

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Had to edit this and remove it because...

It doesn't matter

The reality of what is happening just dawned on me...

feel free to read my rant below

[edit on 19-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is the absolute danger of Obama and the Clintons and Bush

for starters Obama

You can't talk about race without bringing in generalities...
and the SOB ran his campiagn on RACE

From the day he ran... "I can talk about race", "I can talk to Islam" "I don't trust White People"

MY GENERATION IS BY AND LARGE PAST THIS BS

and ... his "enforced Change" the AMBIGUOUS Social Agendas brings both Fear to some and Hope to others

and...

You just don't attempt to CHANGE peoples beliefs...

8 years of a Numbskull trying to change a part of the world that will NEVER change

and Now this guy wants to do the same thing INTERNALLY and White Christian America damn well knows it...

and they didn't ask Bush to do what he did..nor did anyone expect it and they don't want it turned on them either

You LEAVE peoples culture the Hell alone!!!!! ALWAYS

It's the first damn rule, Even Alexander the Great knew to leave people thier religion and culture...leave it the F alone or your Empire will fall

we were all getting along...

and One idiot after another... keeps entering peoples beliefs systems... different ways same.. AGENDA based politics

It will always backfire... I hear people'swords and I know the fight is going to come...

and this is Why I hate Obama, because he spent his life as an Instigator and he IS the best there is about it...and he wants CHANGE alright but you can't force CHANGE

If He had NEVER mentioned the word... I'd be voteing for him... he'd be IT, hands down because people want this to happen, people ARE decent, the Black Community IS accepted by 95% of the rest of us...

But this is WHAT he really is... this is him with the Mask off... He WANTS the racial debate, Race matters to him, he is traumatized and influenced and he wants to be heard on the subject

But this is Obama... the INSTIGATOR, the MANIPULATOR

and he had to say those words... "I dont trust white people" "compulsory service" "reperations" "Tax the (white) rich" "typical white behavior"

"I'm going to talk about race"

I have to wonder what is REALLY behind this man... because you wouldn't say this to White Americans if you didn't want this...polarization.... FEAR

Fear the root of everything awful... Fear something...we didn't have for each other a year ago...

I don't even think it's a conspiracy... I just think he is rooted in BS 60's policy a divisive, miserable generation that has Given US the Clintons, Bush and Now Obama

a moronic social clash between generations

INFLICTED on the Current YOUTH of America, who grew up integrated and on the Internet and are the coolest people to ever walk the earth

a Division these OLD miserable idiots who became the people they hated when they grew up and a series of constant polar struggles they refuse to let die now that they are in power, people from a Generation who want to Change the world one way or another for no damn reason but thier own Self Absorbed Politics

Vegans, Hippies, Conservatives, Peaceniks, Cold warriors, dope fiends, Liberals, Gay Rights.... On and ON and ON from them and thier retarded self obsessed generation

Can somebody please ..PLEASE tell me what any of them mean or have to do with a generation of Americans who grew up talking to the world on the internet and WHY the F on Earth we are all getting dragged into some moronic fight our parents had with thier parnets 40 years ago over issues that at heart everyone under 40 considers completely mentally Retarded in the year 2008 and we are once again being Forced into labels and stereo types because.... that's all that can come from the debate in the first place?

3 friggin presidents in a ROW

Clinton with the PC bs...
Bush vs Islam
Obama vs the USA

I HATE thier whole g-d damned self absorbed hung up generation...

I have racial stereo types sure,... But I grew up in this world and...we dealt with it...face to face and made it work

and these g-d damned political activist change the world 60's early 70's generation imbeciles have taken over the government and are reliving OUR friggin youth and working all of us up over crap we grew up and handled fine...

Only when they but thier big noses in is there any debate beyond humor...

This whole elction is Vietnam era BS...even in here 20 year olds are polarized over... Vietnam era crap...the McCain war hero vs the peace nic civil rights movement guy

and Both Philosophies suck a$$

Why the HELL doesn't Steve Jobs or Even Bill or someone who grew up in the g-d damned real world we live in TODAY run for office...someone who could turn the internet into the money making business machine it could be where everyone has a Vote and True Democracy and Economic freedom could be a reality???

sorry for the rant... I just can't believe in the year 2008 after a generation of... such incredible future orientaded movement we are all myself included sucked into this Vietnam era crap

[edit on 19-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If Obama loses, 2012 will bring a Sarah Palin - Hillary Clinton presidential race, guaranteeing the US' first female president.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
im sorry to say that ive heard if Obama wins,he will not be able to stay in power because white man will not let it happen. so who is his vise president is the question.Biden need to check him out.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't think it really matters. Civil unrest is just beginning in this country, and is only going to escalate over the next four years, as people realize that it doesn't matter who won, it's the same old feces with a new label. More importantly, taxation is going to reach levels that will be intolerable to the majority, and if Obama wins and tries to tax the wealthy into oblivion, as he likes to talk about, he's going to find that some of those wealthy are going to be more than happy to supply money to the masses who are at the heart of said civil unrest. When it becomes more profitable to fund opposition than to pay taxes is when it really becomes a dangerous environment. (Of course, given Obama's ties to a lot of wealthy elite, I don't think he will honestly tax the rich as he says. Select portions of the wealthy, perhaps, and I'd bet on a big hike on already outrageous estate taxes, but not much else. Hedge funds help protect the wealth of a large portion of his financial supporters, but he will still have to walk a tight line so as to not bite the hand that feeds him.)

In a way, I see more hope with Obama winning, simply because he is more likely to lose his grip on the nation if strong movement to restore the constitution and the rights and powers of the people comes along. McCain, on the other hand, while his policies are marginally more tolerable, (in the marginal ways they differ from Obama's) I don't think he'd blink at using whatever force necessary to maintain his power vs any civil unrest. A fine mess we are in, and I think the next four years will make it a lot harder to ignore for everyone.

In the short run, though, as I think the OP really was looking at, I think you'll probably see some race riots if Obama loses, certainly. Let me put it to you this way...hear the news about Josh Howard of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks? His statement about being black and thus not respecting the national anthem? Black people with that mentality see Obama as being their savior to put blacks in power and to destroy what the evil, whitebread US is and remake it in their ghetto image. Not saying that is what Obama will do, but there are plenty of blacks who look at it that way. (Perhaps someone should enlighten them that he is no more black than he is white? lol) I think you will see those with that mentality taking to the streets, feeling disenfranchised and entitled to burn, loot, and destroy, to exact their "revenge" on the "oppression of the black man by whitey." Ignorance on parade.

If you ever want to see racism die, those people are the ones who need to change their perspective. No other sane, intelligent culture will ever be accepting of that sort of behavior, and as long as a large minority act in that manner, the majority will be looked at skeptically. It is as a number of prominent black men have pointed out: no longer should the black society be pointing the finger at the white man for racism. Until they point the finger at those in their own midst who strive to fulfill those racist stereotypes, the average white person will never fully trust or accept black society as a whole.

The same goes for Mexicans or any other ethnic group. Want people to love the Mexicans? Remove all the criminals from their midst, and you'll find American's far more accepting. And by criminals, I mean those who break the law to come to this country, making their first act in this country one of breaking the law. It's no coincidence that most hispanics who immigrated legally hate the illegals, too. It's not about race; it's about respect for the law and your fellow man. If a group can't show it themselves, they can never earn it, either.

This post might seem like I've gone far afield, but I don't think I have. Rather, I tried to address not only the question, but the underlying issues that are at the heart of the possible reaction.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Very little.. mostly the same crap if either of the divide and conquer 'all running the same show' parties get in.

[edit on 19/9/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Do a little research on the history period known as "The Dark Ages." It was started by Pope Bush and these will two ignoramuses will certainly bring it to fruition.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by whatsup]

[edit on 19-9-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I wish more people realized that. Seems like we have been conditioned to wait for a "Savior" and try to save others ,neglecting to start with ourselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I agree with many of you here, but not everything. First of all, whoever said "I hope there will be riots," and you hope "people flood the streets." That's stupid. Do you hope that innocent people who love our country and have no ill will towards anyone of any race get their homes damaged, get injured, and get property stolen? Doesn't sound like that would be very good to me, and it wouldn't really change ANYTHING, it would actually make things worse.
I DO hope that people finally start taking action against our corrupt government and "riot" by not electing these losers anymore, as well as by educating themselves, getting involved politically, and praying (yes, praying) that God might have mercy on this country and turn it around. But in the end, to be honest, I don't see much hope for our country. I love this country, and am proud to be an american, but I am not at all proud of what we are becoming and/or our extremely corrupt government. That's why, when I read all of this, I have to remember that my hope is in Jesus Christ and that this country isn't my true home anyway. I realize many disagree or think I'm wacko for saying/thinking that, but I do. That's another topic.
Will there be riots? Probably so. I don't think Obama will win, either. Too many racist people and he does have some very disturbing history and policies (detailed many other places). I don't care one bit about the color of someone's skin, and am still not sure who I will vote for: the choices are pathetic. But we do need to do what we can to help our country, and I know I need to do my part much more faithfully. At least we could prolong what seems to be this country's inevitable demise.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm not American and not really that political minded but am i not right in thinking McCain is ahead right now anyway. Should this thread be re-titled what happens WHEN obama loses the race. Clearly the Bush regime is going to continue come what may and therefore does that not make this a foregone conclusion. Obama is not going to be the next president because he's not a Republican.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join