It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Obama loses the race?

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What do you all think will be the repercussions if any if Obama loses the race for president? Does anyone believe it will spark severe turbulence here in the U.S.?

If so, what kind?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some will waste no time to claim it was a stolen election, yet failing to overlook the many Obama /Biden blunders that lead to the loss.

Yes, I think there will indeed be riots, which is why I think I'll finally get my CDL soon.

On a sad note though, you can bet we'll be forced to see a lot more of Jackson and Sharpton, hearing them both say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sqid4life

I have wondered this amongst my many ponderings as well. I think if he loses there will be some African American figures very upset but that will die down....just like the whole Imus fiasco. What I assume is that there will be a palethra of protests in response maybe a few violent riots but really nothing on a massive scale.....maybe some broken bones and one fatality at most.

I think at this point I'd be impressed if he even makes it to election day.....sadly.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by RagenCajun]

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If Obama loses, there will definitely be claims of a 'stolen' election.

If Obama wins, there will definitely be claims of a 'stolen' election.

If Obama loses, the economy will continue to slide.

If Obama wins, the economy will continue to slide.

If Obama loses, we will not be pulling out of the middle east.

If Obama wins, we will not be pulling out of the middle east.

Essentially, if Obama loses the race, we'll be just as screwed as we will be if he wins.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Really?
Accordingly to the mindset of his followers, I've been led to believe everything under the sun will be free if Obama wins.
At least that's how it appears.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

yes seriously why do people assume that people will riot? first of all that is a bit racist(because you are implyign that the whites wont riot if mccain loses)

just take it all in stride. don't worry rioters won't kill you they will go for stupid things like best buy and wal-mart. a riot is never very coordinated and mostly jsut full of people who want to loot

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I am just trying to get the climate of this issue with ATS members that is all. I did not and will not assume anything about repercussions.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
yes seriously why do people assume that people will riot? first of all that is a bit racist(because you are implyign that the whites wont riot if mccain loses)

Racist?

Sensitive much?

How is it racist? Where did I say only blacks would go crazy? You do realize that there are a lot of white people and other nationalities who support Obama right?
Clearly, I was talking about party affiliation. Good grief!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqid4life

I am just trying to get the climate of this issue with ATS members that is all. I did not and will not assume anything about repercussions.

That is good news because we all know that assuming can get a person in a lot of trouble sometimes.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

well your not saying that republicans are gonna go crazy if mccain loses so i jsut took that as a sign that you meant that the blacks will riot because the black guy didnt win.

if thats not what you meant i apolgize

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqid4life
What do you all think will be the repercussions if any if Obama loses the race for president? Does anyone believe it will spark severe turbulence here in the U.S.?

Did Osama manage to surround himself with an aura of a savior or somethin' ?

That dude doesn't have an anglo-saxon name, which is a necessary prerequisite to be even acknowledged in the Midwest -- that's the place where elections are decided. But since America has begun to show signs of suicidal behavior, the race will be tight and the winning margin hotly contested, but not to the point of a civil unrest, if that's what you mean by "severe turbulence."

I think Obama is destined to win. He has all the qualifications to lead America toward the notorious year of 2012. Under Obama's leadership, things will get gradually so sh-tty that the shock of 2012 won't be even felt. Thanks, Mr. President.

Strange times = strange names.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Question?
Have we had any other nominees that have been this successful thus far in the presidential race that are of any other persuasion than caucasian?

Racist, I don't think so. I actually look forward to the outcome of this election and elections years from now. We are finally seeing new values ideals that could really improve this country.

If I am being a bit racist with starting this thread that is because I am on the AMERICAN side!

Black, White, Purple, Green or whatever

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
well your not saying that republicans are gonna go crazy if mccain loses so i jsut took that as a sign that you meant that the blacks will riot because the black guy didnt win.

Not picking on you; but taking your post as an opportunity to raise another point:

Are there actually people who are voting for Obama because he is partially black? Isn't forming a decision on the basis of skin color considered racism?

Similarily, are there actually people who voted for Hillary because she is a woman? Isn't forming a decision on the basis of gender considered sexism?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sqid4life

First off obama will not win since I been watching cnn and many other media that when obama made that great speech cnn and fox news slowly the next day started to pic out errors of the speech well twist the wording around to make obama look bad.

I saw fox news give a poll after john got his vice pres showed john in the lead.

know thing ans seeing many people that are willing to vote for john.

My sister just told me she wants to vote for john because obama is black .. she is not the only one I have heard many others voting for john because obama is black

So I bealive that obama will not win john will and it's not because john can do a better job it's more about racism and also who can entertain the public better.

I for one might not even vote I am 19 and I can vote but I might not ... but If I do vote it would be Nader since I know he can turn the country around.

John most likely will continue bushes work he would be easily to manipulate just like bush.

so if john gets it hold on to your wallet folks we are in for a treat out of our pockets.

Just watch right after he wins office he will have a memory loss you will see what he promised will become lies. Just like bush.

I am certain john will win just by having the feel from the media noticing alot of media siding with john.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well I guess I'm alone in voting riots win or lose but then I live in a town that's 92% black and I know how they are. Sorry realist here not racist.

mikell

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
okay,

This was explained to me In College by a Communications Professor I was a student aid for, He Said:

"African Americans are a Higher Context Culture than Caucasian Americans they tend to be more physical in speech, approach closer when they talk, use thier hands and arms and bodies more in communication and are vociferous in speech"

And that explanation helped me understand the time when as a child my Mother and I went to a Half price clearence sale at the Kings Plaza Mall in Brooklyn and a gigantic brawl broke out starting with these really loud scary women and ending with dozens and dozens of young guys running with stolen clothing in evey direction and lots of ambulances and stuff while my mom and I had to hide in the Orange Julius Stand

and it also explained the Blackout of 78 when in my predominantly White neighborhood within moments of the power going town Hundreds of Black people were running up my block smashing every window in site and screaming obscenities and whooping and yelling...because it was Dark Outside, (More Tv's left my neighborhood that day than japan shipped to the US that Month)

and it also explained why very often when I had to walk through the projects I would notice that heavy objects and produce often came from random windows in the multiple 15 story tenament buildings... Usually I'd only get hit with eggs, but once a coconut missed my head by about 2 inches and I have seen a police car get a cynder block through the hood before.

But...please, To say "Black people will riot" is unfair and racist, they apparently simply are of a "higher context culture" and this is the way they express themselves and Caucasians and Asians can find it intimidating but if we learn to understand the manner of communication we can find understanding of the culture and be able to comminicate in ways we can all understand each other

Seriously, lol don't go to work for a few days if you live in the inner city, save up those vacation or sick days for the next 60 days

sorry but... you know it's not like there isn't a lil bit of precedent for this sort of thing, never lasts more than a day or so

Maybe if we talk about it in advance the whole embarassment factor will kick in and people wont choose to wreck thier neighborhoods

Just keep showing the Katrina footage of people shooting at "The coast guard"
potentially the ridiculousness of riots might sink in

To this day I don't "get" why the coast guard was fired on...

But again, seriously, come on... make friends with your local Asian Grocer because they have automatic weapons under the register

Of course there will be riots...

And please don't bash me or call me racist... there have been riots... I have been in riots in Black neighborhoods... Over the stupidist $h1t ever, like no lights and 1/2 off sales...

You know...it's a "high context culture" what should I expect? Beyond what happens every single time there is a problem... Black People in LA rioted over... a Crack Head

Obama... loss of a President? OMG... Free TVs for everyone

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think it will be the same as Bush and Gore, the country will be split they will argue and after a few months no one will care. People in this country dont seem to be really motivated to change the status qou. Take away our machines and gadgets and maybe we'll get actually do something but as long as we have cell phones, tvs, and other luxeries we wont care.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm just going to put on an "Obama" shirt and run down the block screaming to make sure i'm safe... I figure if you can't beat em, join em... and I need a new Wii anyway... Mario Kart 2008 Rocks and if I get out there fast enough I might grab a copy...

If the cops or national guard stop me I'll just say I'm bringing it back to my house because I saw someone running down the block with it...

win/win no matter what happens...

I'm going to hang a Ethiopian Flag in my window the night before and hang some african looking garments on the clothes line outside so my house is left alone too, Play Reggae music really loud and stuff all night long... and hide in the basement just in case

Seriously... I'm just poking fun, I have been in... maybe 10 Black Riots or minor pandemoniums before... no joke, the time maybe will come where... that trait is something we have cause to appreciate... world is pretty sick... might have genuine cause for rebellion one day the way things are going... then it would be heroic...

But to doubt Black people will riot when you piss them off is just...silly

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kahis

You live in a White neighborhood your whole life?

Just curious

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join