It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear as a Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

There are a number of threads on here at the moment that relate to the current state of affairs within the UK & USA with many people thinking that something "is about to happen"

I'm sure the majority of the people on here are aware of the current economical situation here in the UK, the stock market is crashing, banks are closing, the housing market is slowly being destroyed, the credit crunch etc ...

I watched the film V for Vendetta the other night and part of the plot involves the government creating a biological weapon and deliberately releasing it upon members of the public with the intention of creating fear and allowing the government to eradicate the "disease" and thus win the publics support.

This got me thinking, I know fear is a powerful weapon and I started to wonder whether the governments that are in place today are doing the exact same thing, creating huge amounts of fear in the general public so we can be manipulated and rely on our "trusting" governments even more.

What do you guys think? Are the issues we are currently facing 100% genuine, or are we being played into thinking that the world is slowly coming to a standstill and without our governments help we will perish?

Or maybe the answer is somewhere in between?

Your thoughts...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've just finished reading some of the threads you speak of and it is by far and away the exact ringing question I have. There is possibility of several options. The material to me resonates truth yet I still know that elaborate fabrication is fully within the realms of possibility.

My overall feeling is that the dots are connected too well for this to not be the truth. I have to imagine that "they" understand that some of the masses won't buy into the spreading of public fear. And where's the best place to hide the truth? Right in front of everyone's face.

I dunno, I'm still in awe. That in itself makes me requestion where I truly stand.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

There is a basic duality in the emotional makeup of humans, a duality which dictates their actions, and it's between fear and love, fear being a lower frequency and love being a higher one.

It's pretty obvious that the world is controlled by the former, which is why we live so far under our potential and indeed without using more than a fraction of our technological achievments.

But the good news is that it's just a few psychobullies doing it, should humanity globally wake up and abandon fear the NWO fear based control grid will fall like a house of cards. The bad news is we're not there yet.

You need to change your avatar, for obvious reasons if you accept what I told you.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think it's more of an issue as to what governments do...The only real "power" any government has is the uses of fear-based propaganda & the use of force. Propaganda to make everyone fear "external" threats in order for the government to "justify" excessive use of force, both abroad & at home.

Then you stop to consider that no government can function without consent of its people, this government "power" comes into focus...By making the people fearful, the government can coerce consent from the population! Once people can conquer the government-induced fear, they can see how fragile (like a house of cards) the government's power really is, as that the basis of its power is mostly illusion.

Just as JFK said, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself." Once we've conquered our fear, it also brings to light something said by Thomas Jefferson: "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Yes, one truth that gets ignored a lot is that governments will always try to use fear as a weapon in order to increase their control over people.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

join