It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is every Meier photo a fake ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
these photo's from Billy sure do look real. i know the wedding cake shots and the raygun pics have been debunked or whatever but do you really think every photo taken by him is a fake ?

these look real and imo would be hard to fake. maybe he did photograph some real ufo's ?

www.steelmarkonline.com...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I dont know the answer but someone said a very logical thing... that with time these UFO also appear sleek like new cars and planes... old ones look less streamlined... and this says a lot of thing...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by communicator]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well off hand, the grain of the film in the first on doesn't match the ufos with the background in the least. The crafts have alot less grain.

I think they're all fake, personally. Once a hoaxer, always a hoaxer. Why would someone ruin a possibly good reputation with horrible fakes?

If I found a real ufo and got good pictures, I don't think I'd ever even utter the word "fake" or "hoax" again to avoid the criticism.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The higher UFO in the top picture looks like some sort of safari hat that zookeepers and rangers wear.

I agree with the person who said that UFOs appear to update themselves based on the current fashion of various types of technologies here on earth.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
its obviously a cheap made fake, i can barely see the ropes and the adobe TM...

When we see the real deal on a pic or a vid we will feel it in our guts...as a race seeing something made by another being.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
All Bill Meyer photos are fake.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

the question that I like to ask is, if you have one real photo of an alien craft, why would you go and make fakes? getting nailed with a fake photo only makes it that much harder to accept the story and the real photos.

personally, I think everything he's put out there is fake. let's pretend, for a moment, that all of his images, except the comical broken tack photo, the catalogue model and the tv actress photos and the dinosaur book photo are the only fakes. why would he go and destroy his own credibility by producing those fakes?

one fake ruins your credibility.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Does it matter? If one or more of the photos happens to be real, what difference does it make, if it can't be proven? They might as well be fake.

And if one is found to be an obvious fake, unless the others can be proven to be real, it's logical to suspect that more if not all of them are also fake.

But photos by themselves can never prove anything, anyway. The simplest way to put an end to the argument is for Meier or one of his associates to provide clear, unambiguous evidence associated with the images in such a way that they prove the images are at least plausible.

That has not happened.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It really is a GOOD question... 'are ALL the Meier photos fake' and the short answer is no I dont think they ALL are.

There are one or two that have never been adequately "debunked" to my satisfaction, but with that being said Nohup and Crakeur are right on the mark, the guys cred is trash. Reminds me of the Diaz case.

I believe that both men may have seen something, but when pressured to deliver "the goods" these people stooped to cheap dime-store tactics to try and convince their families and peers that what they witnessed was legit.

Either way, they have inadvertently rendered their very personal and rare encounters NULL and VOID, by perpetuating hoaxed material to serve as validation to their claims... what a shame.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

one fake ruins your credibility.

maybe that was the plan ?

[edit on 18-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My belief is that he has been contacted, as many have been. There is a lot to be learned by studying his case. But I've read that the land surrounding his property has been bought by Swiss military and therefore the cia. He has been compromised severly and forceably discredited. There has been so much surveillance around him, and so much expense involved in monitoring this one man, that unless certain individuals did not believe the case warranted it, it would never have happened, and in fact in the US he would have "committed suicide". I won't look at any of his photos, as such. But I have read the accounts of many who visit his farm, and they experience sitings and unexplained things much like James Gililand. That tells me something.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

There has been so much surveillance around him, and so much expense involved in monitoring this one man, that unless certain individuals did not believe the case warranted it, it would never have happened,

good point

why all the fuss if there's nothing there ?

here some more photos that i think may be the real deal ?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Like I said. Even if they look good, and even if some or even one of them are real, it doesn't make any difference unless they can be verified as authentic in some way other than with the photographs themselves. The photos themselves, even if they're real, prove nothing.

And in spite of the claimed attempts by the Swiss and the U.S. to discredit the guy, he's supposedly in contact with powerful aliens, right? Seems like it would be relatively easy for him to just ask a saucer or two to land in the market square of any of the little towns around there, shake a few hands, pass out a few trinkets, and there's nothing any government could to do stop it.

But all we hear are the excuses. The dog always eats the homework.

So if it's all real, I guess that's just too bad for us and him. Considering the available evidence, I'm personally not just going to believe any of it. You can if you want to. Nobody's stopping you. But personally, if you do, I think you're a sucker. And nobody can stop me from believing that, either.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
But I've read that the land surrounding his property has been bought by Swiss military and therefore the cia.

Hello.

Like many things regarding Meier, there is no evidence for this claim either. I don't know where this idea began, but military property is identified on public maps. There is no indication of any military property in Schmidruti, which is where Meier and FIGU are located.

-Derek

maps.google.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
is every Meier photo a fake ?

Only the ones he released for the whole world to look at and the ones he didn't release. The man is a hoaxer.
Or
We are to believe that the aliens only contact people of poor or marginal unremarkable lives. The ET's obviously have no interest in high educated
well placed and credible people to make contact with like say, a world renowned scientist lol!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
We are to believe that the aliens only contact people of poor or marginal unremarkable lives. The ET's obviously have no interest in high educated well placed and credible people to make contact with like say, a world renowned scientist lol!

Have you read some of the witness testimonies included in The Disclosure Project? (slow loading) Or even the testimony of our very own jritzmann?

There are some very reliable witnesses who have seen UFOs. Please don't let Mr. Meier turn you off the subject completely.

IMO, He probably did at one point have a genuine experience, but again, in my opinion he has never gotten it on tape. He probably started faking this stuff in frustration.

[edit on 19/9/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Oh I hear ya' and will continue my life waiting on any evidence. I was concerning myself with the "Contactee" aspect of the Mr. Mier. I realize there are things floating,flying or falling around the sky that are unidentifiable for a certain point.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Is every Meier pic a fake? That's a good question. About a decade ago some researchers suggested that Meier might have had genuine experiences in the beginning but started fabricating material later on after his contact(s) has ended. Strangely enough, his best material seems to be his earliest work and if I'm not mistaken most of the eyewitness accounts date from that earlier period.

Other posters here have made decent arguments. Once you get caught faking stuff, your credibility is out the window. Personally I'm convinced the Meier case is for the large part a deliberate fraud. The weddingcake ship, 'alien females' photograph turning out to be actresses from a tv show, 'time travel dinosaur picture' turns out to come right from a book and so on. Needless to say there's ample evidence of fakery. Nonetheless I reserve to right to be undecided on Billy Meier having some sort of encounter(s) in his entire life.

There are many accounts written in books of people having strange encounters with (supposedly) extraterrestrials. Humanoid ETs apparently looking very similar to us are one segment of those encounters as well other 'types'. UFO history is full of 'contactees'. Once you get into these stories it's like entering a maze, the center leads to the truth and the exits lead to denial. What makes it so strange is that elaborate contactee stories have elements that can be convincing yet have other elements that seem totally bizarre, illogical or seem to bog down in metaphysical mumbo-jumbo.

Adding fuel to the fire is the fact that many contactees in the past have exaggerated, lied about their credentials or resumes or simply have been caught faking material. From my perspective, some of the best alleged ET encounters are the most simple ones. Simplicity seems to have the most survivability. There are little to none internal factors (people lying or fabricating) and external factors (other people-'ETs' inserting false material).

Is every Meier pic a fake? Honestly I can't say for sure. I don't have much respect for the man, that's for sure.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by TerraX]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
IMHO: Meier's story and photos are all a hoax. I don't believe those photos to be real... but I'm not a great expert. However, I surely agree with TerraX: every famous character in Ufology starts giving real matter(besides hoaxers, of course), but in many cases they add false informations and photos. It's the case of Bill Cooper, too, Imho. There could have been some truth in Meier's case, but I don't trust him, neither I believe him to tell the truth about something... but I could be wrong. Wendelle Stevens is a serious man, and he seems interested in Meier's case and he seems to believe him. Who knows...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance

We are to believe that the aliens only contact people of poor or marginal unremarkable lives. The ET's obviously have no interest in high educated
well placed and credible people to make contact with like say, a world renowned scientist lol!

Why not?
Does it matter if the cow from where your steak came from , you ate recently had more knowledge than any other cows than the rest in the herd had?

Doesn't really matter.
Knowledge isn't really something that makes you stand out more than from the rest of the people here on earth (well perhaps their wallet does).
Just look at President Bush, he probably dont have any more knowledge than any ordinary "Joe" does.
He's still the President of the U.S.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Balez]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join