It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you tell your Son/Daughter about UFO/Aliens stuff?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What do you guys think about this video,could it be real or fake?
www.revver.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Because these phenomena are still such a mystery to me, and because any experiences I've had (or may have had) remain unresolved, I think I would feel inclined to let my children come to me with any questions of their own that they might encounter. In other words, if they develop an interest in the phenomena on their own, with no input from me, then I'd gadly talk to them about it openly because I feel that children should have the information they need (to the degree that they can understand it) in order to arrive at their own conclusions. If they never, ever (which I think would be unlikely) hear about or become curious about the phenomena associated with these subjects on their own, then I might very well never expose them to it on my own because I feel I'd be a poor explainer. I lack the answers myself.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Huh... thanks for sharing...
i am still reading your thread

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjar

Wow thanks for sharing...
you should start a thread for your experiences

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Tanks for sharing BO XIAN.... sorry for replying you late

your thoughts are similar to my parents

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by communicator

Of course I will. I want my children to live in the reality I had to figure out existed for myself. From the beginning I want them to know it is okay to question authority, and be skeptic of everything, even things that appear to be solid facts. This will include UFOs, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Scaring the # out of children with stories of beings from space etc acting like in the movies, is certainly not conducive to a childs mental health.

I believe the OP used the word telling and not scaring. Furthermore, aliens have been portrayed in a number of different ways, depending on the movie. I.E... 2001: A Space Odyssey is much different than Independence Day.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So... what is the relation between "existence of religion" and "existence of aliens/ETs"???

If you believe in God... do you accept ETs??

Did I hear NO???

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

what is their age and what was when you disclosed to them?
?

Their ages are 16, 14, 12 and 11.

My 14 year old was the one who just had a direct visitation from a being.

I never sat my kids down and had any 'formal' disclosure, I have always just kind of talked openly about these things, and not made a big deal about it. As such, to them it was never an issue, they listened and took in what resonated with their curiosity, and disgarded what was of non essentiality to them.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
my oldest son of 9 is very much in astronomy and live on mars.
We watch the news together and so he knows about the missions to Mars and the building of a space center.

I told him that the man in black movies were not based on facts, but that live on other planets will have evolved differently than ours and that therefor we cannot be sure what "aliens" will look like.

For now, he reads about the moon landing and the missions to Mars and he is content by the answer that we are most propably not alone in the universe ... and sometimes at night we look to the moon and say goodnight to the man on the moon - as my parents did with me.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
So... what is the relation between "existence of religion" and "existence of aliens/ETs"???

If you believe in God... do you accept ETs??

Did I hear NO???

Well, I am not religious per se, but am a highly spiritual person. I absolutely believe in an infinitely intelligent creator, and that only strengthens my feeling that this creator would not create only one form of intelligence throughout an almost infinite universe (or perhaps multiverse).

[edit on 24-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In some cases children must make their own experiences. I would not push them to be interested in the ufo phenom. If they had questions I would try to find answers.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I will definitely (actually, already have) discussed the possibility of non-terrestrial beings with my kids.

My middle child has floored me with some very interesting 'dreams' that she has had. Sure, these dreams can be spurred on by outside influences. I understand the psychology behind them but I'll simply tell you a few facts that made it pretty hard to belive she simply made it up.

First, she was 5.
Second, she explained them in extremely vivid detail.

The first dream was one where she said she was taken out into our solar system. She was shown all of the planets. There were creatures on most of them. Not like 'we know' she said. "Just light and stuff". Okaaaaay.

Then she goes on to explain that this person with her (she didn't say there was a person with her until about this part of the story. After the solar system trip) asked her if she wanted to visit his home. She said yes and the person touched something and a brown hole appeared in the sky and they went into it. She said his home was made up of a bunch of pretty rocks. There was a glowing rock in the wall and a window.

She said that he talked with her for a long time and that was the end of her dream. Unfortunately I cannot remember what she said that they talked about. Sucks getting older. Wish I would have written it down now.

Anyway, one of the things she did say was that he explained how they travelled. That they simply created a hole and went through. Then she went on to blow my mind by saying that "You know daddy, there are a LOT of universes out there. If another universe was to collide with ours it would wipe us all out. But our friends would come and help us."

Okay, that was dream 1. Dream 2 was a little freakier for me.

She said that she was sleeping in her room. All of a sudden there was a fire alarm and a voice was saying "get out, you must get out." I asked here where we were. She said in our house but not this house. I didn't understand that but I do now. We have since moved out of our home state. (That's if I take her dream literally which I honestly don't know. I'm a logical man that enjoys his science fiction but...well, you know.) Anyway, she says that it wasn't a fire but a war. She said we all went outside and our friends were there to save us. They picked us all up and took us to their home. She said while we were flying away (this is what got me) that she heard all of the animals screaming and crying. Her eyes filled with tears and she started to cry pretty hard here. I told her to stop telling me the dream at that point.

So, take it as you will. I'm not saying that she didn't make it up. Or that it was simply an active imagination. I'm just saying that I decided after that to talk with my kids about the possibilities of life outside of this planet. It's been 2 years now since she told me that dream.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by communicator

I have discussed this topic with my eldest daughter. She was around 8 yrs old at the time and asking me about the little man that comes to visit her, and the lights that she sees through her window at night.
I told her about the close encounter that my family and i had when i was a child, and her mothers lost time episode while she was pregnant with her little sister. I explained that these events are common around the world, but rarely reported. I then went on to tell her about how big the universe is, and about how little we know of wahts out there.
The funny thing is, that she was totally calm and understanding. At ten, she is now an astronomy and science buff, totally shining in her class at school.
She has not mentioned her late night visitor for some time now, but I think they will come again, just like they did with me. She has however asked if she could come along on my next UFO investigation, I left this open.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i am only 14 years old and i love to read about all of this. i come to this site often and read about what is going on. its a really fun thing for me and maybe i will even make an account here. but now i have no information to give u guiz so dont bother making one. but i love all the hype about aliens, its really facinating for me

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'm glad my dad told me about et's, the mysterys around Pyramids, the nazca lines in peru, crystal skulls etc.
Since then (I guess i was 10 y old), i am so intrigued by this phenomenon.

On my 20th i had my first (and only) UFO sighting.
since then my obsession with this is huge.. so i am really hoping that tomorrow a huge ship is dooming up in our skies. SO i can relax and know that i was right, and that history and all we believe in changes.
That pyramids were built by or for aliens, etc.

So yes, i will tell my kids about it, when i have them

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
After this GFL starship incidence... I dont know what to think...
because general public opinion is that this is all crazy stuff... people wnt to make money from this sentiment...

I am keeping an open mind though...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join