It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you tell your Son/Daughter about UFO/Aliens stuff?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

How the world really works...
You are willing to make fools of your children just to fullfill your deep need for there to be something better than what your pathetic life offers you. There is no proof that aliens are here and visiting us..none whatsoever...just stories and theoris. Do you tell them that santa is fact also.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
You are willing to make fools of your children just to fullfill your deep need for there to be something better than what your pathetic life offers you.

You better watch out who's life you're calling pathetic. The MODs are out in force today, I've already been warned once on a different thread. Stick to the topic and forget the personal insults.

There is no proof that aliens are here and visiting us..none whatsoever...just stories and theoris.

YOU have no proof that aliens exist and are visiting us, hence the fact that you don't believe in them. I, on the contrary, know for a fact that they are here. No, I don't owe anything to you. I can't prove it to you and don't care to.

Again, tell your kids what you like and I'll tell mine what I like. That's how it's supposed to work in a free-thinking world, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by tezzajw

How the world really works...
You are willing to make fools of your children just to fullfill your deep need for there to be something better than what your pathetic life offers you. There is no proof that aliens are here and visiting us..none whatsoever...just stories and theoris. Do you tell them that santa is fact also.

You know what, you are out of line and being a TROLL.

I, personally dont even believe that aliens are visiting us....not in the way many people believe. However, I still would love my daughter to have the option to believe on her own. I have issues with religon too, but im certainly not going to keep her from knowing about it. She will decided what she wants for herself on topics such as this.

Even if one doesnt believe in something themselves, they can still tell their kids: hey, there is a belief out there that this or that exists....and its up to you to figure out what you believe.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

the world I live in...is this. If we feel that a person has mental health issues...then they are considered a danger to thier family and especially children. You make up your little stories all you want...but in the end if the state feels you are mentally incompetent they will take your children and will place them with someone who is mentally stable. Believing that aliens are visiting us is IMO is mentally unstable...especially without proof. You tell your children these fairy tales....I promise you they will get out and someone will be visiting you....no not the lil green men but men/women in suits and ties to evaluate your mental state. Trust me...it will happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Trust me...it will happen.

Thanks, but I won't place my trust in you.

I'll also ignore your warning, as I'm safe. Some parents tell their children that god exists (without proof), every single day of the year, and they're not all labelled insane, are they?

I do agree with you on one point though - I don't tell my children that santa is real. I don't want them believing in fairytales. The truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by communicator

I'm not sure I'm much help on this one....but, my curiosity in things like this is just part of ME, and I've never hid any of that from my children.

We watch Ghost Hunters together, or UFO Hunters.... they see me reading these types of web sites. etc....

My children were with us when we had our first "experiences"... we had almost jokingly gone out "UFO hunting" outside of Mesquite, NV....and we actually did see several odd things that night.... Now, we regularly take the airmattress outside on weekends and lay under the stars, "UFO hunting"...and the kids love it.

My kids range from 20 to 6 years old. Some are interested, a couple could care less, and that's perfectly fine!

My 6 year old actually came to us just today and asked if aliens were real.....................I'm not going to push much off on a 6 year old...I just very honestly told him that I don't know, but people are always looking!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
My own kids are all grown now, and I raised them to be thinking, intelligent adults with minds of their own.

As such, I gave them all the benefit of the information I have gleaned over the years, both mine, and the information I have learned from my own family members on such information, geared to their age appropriate levels at the time of whatever questions they were asking at the time.

I myself have had experiences I cannot explain, both of this world and of not. I don't pretend to try and explain or understand them all- perhaps we aren't supposed to understand yet. But we will when it's time. Other experiences were very clearly understood, and explainable.

I was always honest and up front with my kids, because credibility is where it's at when you are a parent. If you lose that, you are lost as a parent. Explore all aspects of life with your kids- after all, who is to say we humans are the "only" life forms in this universe? We would be pretty egotistical to think in such a fashion, don't you think?

After all, at one time, folks thought the Aurora Borealis at one time were something pretty unusual too. Now we know they are just electrical phenomenon, albiet beautiful.

Having an open mind is part of raising one's children effectively and well balanced in life, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents....

Soul Sista

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yes I have told my kids about ET/UFOs.

My 2 kids are 5 and 11 iv told them about alien & UFOs.

My son who is 5 was in the garden about 6 months ago and he spotted a bright red Sphere with a glowing crescent underneath. He even pointed it out to his mum saying that there was a space ship in the sky she went to get her video phone to see if she could snap it but by the time she turned back round it had gone. This happend in the middle of a sunny afternoon. My wife has never had a sighting like this and it certainly changed her view as she was quite skeptical.

Why hide something from your kids that could change the world. After all they are the Future Generation.

But with all the Kids TV and Movies these days that have an element of Alien/UFO in them they already believed that aliens could be real.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
My kids are 8 and 11. I figured out there was no Santa Claus when I was 6, yet I struggle to not tell my kids there is no Santa, still.
Let them be children. My daughter believes in Fearies. I'm not about to tell her that they do not exist. I'm not sure that they do not. Heck, I still believe in Angels. Hey, you believers in the religion of Science, Cern is about to prove the physical reality of several other dimensions, if string theory proves true.
I strongly think that kids should be encouraged to pursue whatever sparks their creative interest. Let them believe in what may be a fantasy. Perhaps they will grow up to be a successful musician, artist, writer, or preacher. Better those than worker drone, cubicle jockey.
Aliens are all over popular culture. At 11 my son has developed his own opinions about them, and he is entitled to those opinions.
Personally I think they may well exist and play an active role in human development on this planet. I have recently told my son that is my opinion and that he should form his own.

I wonder why the personal testimony of reliable individuals is enough to send someone to death in some states, but when it comes to aliens that is not proof?

but in the end if the state feels you are mentally incompetent they will take your children

I will be sure to avoid that state. I do not live in a state where the Thought Police insist upon conformity. I live in British Columbia. Here, when a couple with Down Syndrome have a child, they are supported by community service workers to be the best parents they are able to be. Or if a parent smokes a little pot and this comes up in divorce court, it is viewed as totally irrelevant, as far a child custody or anything, goes.

Please, encourage your children to be and think as free individuals. Encourage them to pursue an eager discovery of their outer and inner worlds.
What to tell them? Tell them to question everyone who try's to tell them what to think.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Strange coincidence that this thread has appeared now.

I was reading a book with my 6 year old daughter the other day entitled Stars & Planets. She is a very bright child and naturally has a fascination of all things in nature. It's a great informational children's book. You know the type, each page has large illustrations and a single topic such as the Sun, the Moon, each planet, satellites, etc...

On the bottom corner of one page was a little alien illustration, kind of comically drawn, and it made her laugh. She looked at me and said "is that what an alien looks like?" Which in turn, made me laugh as well. I just simply told her no one knows what an alien looks like for sure, but thats what we imagine they look like.

She then responded by asking me if aliens were even real. I thought for a second, because I did not want to answer this the wrong way, it's almost as important as the question "is god real". (I am not very religious but I find these two questions to relate to each other strongly for my own reasons).

My answer was simple and it could not have come at a more opportune moment. I simply turned to the page about galaxies. I explained to her about the Milky Way and how many stars it consists of. Then I showed her the colorful illustrations of all the other galaxies in the universe. I got her to somewhat comprehend how vast the universe really is, which is a very hard concept for even grown adults to take in. Then i said, I have never seen an alien, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I think this was the answer she wanted to hear. She tends to ask me a lot of questions about monsters and fairy tale creatures such as vampires, wolf men, etc. and I always have to tell her they're not real. She wasn't the least bit scared because of how the answer was handled.

What I am trying to say is I believe it is perfectly fine to tell children about aliens / ufo's, because it is not the question that is harmful, it is how you answer it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Synyster

and thats what my problem is... a star to your reply

I will explain to my kids but there are two possibilities... either they will not believe me and if thy believe they will understand this matter till they do the research...

moreover its a teens thing... if they believe they may share with their friends... and may become laughing stock...

so whatever the case be one has to explain kids in a proper way otherwise they may confused... they will not whom to believe... YOU or the WORLD...

thoughts??

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

But is this the right age to discuss this with them??? will they understand the depth??

yes cartoons are overloaded with Alien stuff, so most of the kids know abt life in other world... but do they know abt disclosure?? you will not be able to explain them all the dirty stuff abt government... abductions etc...

evry kid like the fairy tales... but reality may not always look good, till they are strong to handle it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Driving thru the Arizona desert one night my oldest son and I watched a UFO for at least 10 min's all the time my then wife and daughter thought we were seeing things,they never bothered to look,then next morning on radio told of a UFO siteing ,we believe but they don't

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Probably not as a child. I mean if it was up to me I wouldn't tell him about "god" or religion or anything else that can't be 100% proven until he is at least a teenager, maybe 14 or 15. I feel like by then he would be able to grasp the concepts and make his own decisions about things, instead of being indoctrinated since birth about whats real and whats not. What to believe and what not to.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AgnosticX

Please tell us...
And this you are saying because you yourself have never witnessed UFO?
(no disrespect intended but just wanted to know... I think on same lines

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
reply to post by keeb333

But is this the right age to discuss this with them??? will they understand the depth??

yes cartoons are overloaded with Alien stuff, so most of the kids know abt life in other world... but do they know abt disclosure?? you will not be able to explain them all the dirty stuff abt government... abductions etc...

evry kid like the fairy tales... but reality may not always look good, till they are strong to handle it.

Now that would scare the little ones i would not go there.

But i guess the pied piper is a scary and shocking tale (or true story)

As parents we are all different in our methods what works for me sure wont work for others etc and each to their own.

good luck use your better judgment.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Please stop... this will not help anybody...

In this thread... please do not impose your ideas... we are here to share, so please let people freely and respectfully share what they think and what they are doing.... and why...

So please cool down and share

[edit on 19-9-2008 by communicator]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sodom

i think that my son knows more about aliens then I do, and he is only 8 months old...

sodom

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well ive been asked the question of my 6 year old son.
As his maths is pretty good ive explained about the trillions of stars and planet and the odds are very high that alien life exists.
As for Aliens visiting us on a regular basis ive skipped that bit.
I need better proof than im being offered here or anywhere that it happens. The evidence is in abundance but Im still looking for the UFO on the Whitehouse lawn before i can believe 100%.

For now im just running with blind faith.
My son can make up his own mind based on the evidence availble when he is a little older.
He still believes in santa for goodness sake!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WAKA2002

Excellent reply... to the point and very thoughtfull
I cannot give you more than one star... damn

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join