It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third World War Really Has Begun...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What about the Taiwan and China situation? I mean, I might be wrong about this, but if China invaded Taiwan wouldn't America be drawn in by some kind of contract or treaty? (Politics isn't really my specialty)

One thing would be to go up against China, another would be if China and North Korea made some kind of pact or alliance.

Going up against 6 million screaming Chinamen isn't really a pleasing thought, but if you add the North Koreans to the situation then...

If I remember correctly, wasn't ww2 really an accumulation of alot of small wars that combined in the end to make it a world war?

I could be wrong about this all though, I usually am.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What about the Taiwan and China situation? I mean, I might be wrong about this, but if China invaded Taiwan wouldn't America be drawn in by some kind of contract or treaty?

Despite the posturing I don't think China wants to go there. Or rather, they do... But they won't. China has sustained for many reasons, but I think patience tops the list. That and they also read Sun Tzu.

Going up against 6 million screaming Chinamen isn't really a pleasing thought, but if you add the North Koreans to the situation then...

No doubt China's got the troops. The problem for them is getting the troops here, and that my friend is a logistical nightmare.

By the way: six million 'screaming' anything is quite unpleasant

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Joseph Knecht]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hmn... Yeah, it would be hard for China to get troops to American soil, but no doubt there would be alot of fire fights involving the Chinese and American (+ Taiwan) troops if China did invade Taiwan...

But I guess theres still a big chance they won't...

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Weise]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Weise

I don't think America and China are going to fight a ground war in Taiwan. That's just my humble opinion.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Joseph Knecht]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
About what was said earlier about this not being a world war, there's really two ways you could look at 'world war'.

1) A world that can be thought of in the state of war.

2) Either of two wars, one beginning in late 1939, the other ending in 1914.

If we're to follow the logic of the second example, we may as well say a world war requires Britain to fight Germany.

I say the world is at war, not collectively yet, and I know that it doesn't feel as if it counts until it is collective, but it would be so simple for all the pieces to fall in and us to have the fullscale two-side war we're thinking of..

And to whoever said WWII was a collection of smaller wars, you're probably thinking of WWI, which was in many ways only caused by honour and loyalty.. Though the Triple Entente still feels they were right, over the last 20 years or so, it has been revealed that Germany's intentions were quite honourable and not so inexplicably evil.

And finally, The point about the Crusades, Alexander the Great, Napolean, etc... was something I had been thinking of, but now we actually have the whole world to think of, thus the world war terms, then it was the whole known world, but not literally the whole world.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Last I saw mujahideen were going out of ther way to kill others as well as THEMSELVES. It's an interesting question you raise: With the 'Glory' of suicide in the plans of many of these fighters, is there a longer-term situation in which a bunch of mujahideen are sitting around ruling the 'cleansed' planet? I think death is the agenda here all the way around. Do these men still fear reprocussion being that they are suicidal in methodology?

I guess in a way I can agree, however the only question that comes to my mind is: what good is a terrorist group if all of your followers have been wiped out? See what im trying to say? If you kill everyone you havn't really reached your goal of persuading people that the enemy is evil, you merely wiped out a race. Im not sure who they worship or what but isn't the idea behind any god to transcend evil and let peace prevail? correct me if im wrong I don't dwell on relegions as much as i should these days.

TPL

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
� I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.�

Einstein

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Our (grand)children will label a name to this events of history --WW3-- or something else

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A world war would involve powerful nations on full scale wars and WW3 hasnt begun yet Wars are happening continually all over the world since Word War 2 ended. Word War 3 will happen when Global warming starts kicking in and that war will be about the survival of the humans on earth.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
im sorry chronic but i dont think its that far off. The human race is a stupid race. we would bicker and kill everyone on eartch over alil thing. And if we do break into world war 3 it wont be considederd that cause this will be the first truly world war. everyone must choose a side and no one can sit on the sidelines

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
m

[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join