It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over a century of UFO Photographs.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thats all well and good... but where is the proof that this was a model? Are we to just take this persons word for it... debunker's scream for proof everyday citing that "eyewitness testimony is NOT enough". So they need to be held by the same criteria.

I want to see this "model" or "toy" that was available in 1962. What was it a "model" of???? A UFO? A seashell? Picture please..

I see that there is a testimony that "someone" compared this photo to a model.. I would like to decide for myself.

Until someone can find this particular "model" then, this explanation actually holds less water than the photo.

Model?

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some one posted the German saucers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in a JFK conspiracy page no less.

These old saucers are most likely moth balled in some mountain hide
out like Area 51 and shipped to South America where late model
cars, watt-hour meters, telephones and other such out dated technology
ends up.

If all or most of those still exist, then many odd shaped UFOs (aka TFMs
or Tesla Flying Machines) that show up because of cloaking gases
are still in someones TFM (aka UFO) garage.

We need to find the UFO equivalent of Jay Leno and the search for
the UFO is over.

So where do you expect to find the most UFOs, on the ground.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
ha i love adobe

now we can use it to even doctor the old stuff see the fun never ends keep it going till it goes viral then we can find out what product their marketing

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

Alter-Ego, i know it, you're right: if the photo of the model was available, then of course i would have posted it: but it has been impossible to track down the toy 47 years after

Romano Di Bernardo, the author of the article, mentioned a Marshal of Carabinieri, italian local police: for his efforts and his achievements in his investigations on Pescara sightings, he was also awarded by National Ufo Center

While a conclusive proof is missing, the author of the article would have no reasons to discredit a sighting so many years after it took place, and he's a very reliable source: actually, his purpose was just to avoid to one of his friends who was going to publish a book, to release an article based on a hoax: i wasn't there, so i can't judge: the only way would be to contact Standa and ask for a photo of the model, i will try to get in touch with Romano Di Bernardo.

[edit on 29/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I understand completely.. hard to verify, and I tend to agree that more than likely, it is a "hoaxed" photo. The problem is, that more often than not we are all force fed this information form both sides... "ITS REAL"... "ITS NOT REAL".. and we are supposed to swallow what we are told. Personally I like to know what I'm eating ...before I swallow it.

The next question it brings to mind is... if it is a toy or a MODEL.. what is it a MODEL of?? A ufo? A porpoise? A dolphin? I have always found this particular picture odd, to say the least and will sleep better knowing its a toy.

I'd like to add, while I'm not an expert (yet) at photo analysis... from where I sit, that object in the photo looks large. This is dictated by the variances in shadow. A smaller object held closer to the camera would not have that kind of depth in shadow, it would be far shallower... just an armchair observation. I will hold my position on this photo until I see a model or toy for myself.

Good luck on your search.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Kelsey Bay, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada, October 8, 1981

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b677327e127.jpg[/atsimg]

The Hannah McRoberts photograph.

On October 8, 1981 at about 11:00 A.M., Hannah Mc Roberts is with her husband and their daughter on a service area close to Kelsey Bay, on the East coast of the Vancouver Island. During their pause they notice a cloud which passes on the top of a mountainous peak and makes the impression of an erupting volcano in eruption spitting a huge vaporblast. They find the scene rather amusing and worth a picture.

Several days afterwards, when the photographs were developed, they noticed on one of the photographs a discoidal object in the sky. They were surprised as they do not remember noticing anything in the sky at the time when they shot the photograph.

They contacted David Dodge, director of the of Vancouver planetarium. He examined the picture and remains disturbed by this singular photograph. He contacts Ufologist, David Powell, who analyzes the pictures and cannot find any evidence of tampering.

Richard F. Haines, a retired NASA scientist who became a famous Ufologist, gets interested in the Vancouver case. He carries out a thorough analysis of the negative and cannot discover any tampering either. His analysis is inserted in the scientific report of the Sturrock Panel.

Link

Scientific Analysis (pdf)

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Strange objects seen in Japan:

Pic:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f068bc372700.jpg[/atsimg]

Vid:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
At 2:21 there's a photo that can be found in many websites:

with the caption:

Cigar shaped object in crater taken by Neil Armstrong

It can be found, for instance at:
ronrecord.com...
www.fortunecity.com...
www.untoldmysteries.com...

Some of the websites which published it added something even funny as caption:

www.paranormalghostsociety.org...

Hmmm: Armstrong, huh?
Apollo 16 Crew

(C) John W. Young Commander
(L) Thomas K. Mattingly Command Module Pilot
(R) Charles M. Duke, Jr. Lunar Module Pilot
www.nasm.si.edu...
www.nasm.si.edu...

This photo is AS16-120-19238,

it was taken during Apollo 16 mission and the cigar shaped object is the EVA FLOODLIGHT:

The hi-res scan can be found here ( if it's no longer available then it can be requested here )

This is a good example why some of us ask for original images whenevr we talk about NASA stuff.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Good idea. What do the Moon photo experts say about this:

Moon filmed November 2008 Close Up Walson's Peak no longer there. watch in HQ

www.youtube.com...

teslaandlyne (3 days ago)
You mean that vertical man made edifice at the entrance to the underground Tesla craft space base. The peak look like an upside down wishbone showing the entrance to a cave. And they never thought they would be discovered. Perhaps the reason for so many harsh reviews from the cartel agents. A big find Grid. Get any substantial comments. Apparently the Tesla craft can go to the Moon. Just exactly when must be after 1945. Good leads accepted if you can speak and not be holden to the Illuminati.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Internos -have you ever heard any opinions as to what this unknown object could be that Buzz Aldrin filmed on the way to the moon?
It appears to be a green dumbell shaped object travelling under its own violition:

Object found at 1:12 and 1:42:

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Internos -have you ever heard any opinions as to what this unknown object could be that Buzz Aldrin filmed on the way to the moon?
It appears to be a green dumbell shaped object travelling under its own violition:
Object found at 1:12 and 1:42):
Cheers Karl

Karl, this has to be the documentary "Apollo 11: The Untold Story" aka FIRST ON THE MOON: THE UNTOLD STORY One-Hour Special for Discovery Science Channel:
in the video we can see David Baker,
www.nasa.gov...

Here's the transcript:

Narrator: But three days and 200,000 miles into the flight, Mission Control did miss the significance of a cryptic message from Apollo 11.

Apollo 11: 'Do you have any idea where the S-IVB is with respect to us?

Mission Control: 'Stand-by'

Narrator: The Crew required information on the current position of the S-IVB, the final stage of the rocket which had been jettisoned away 2 days earlier. This short message hid an extraordinary turn of events: Apollo 11 wasn't alone in space.

Buzz Aldrin: There was something out there that, uh, was close enough to be observed and what could it be?

Narrator: Traveling along side of Apollo 11 was a mysterious object like this one (a ringed object at close range is shown), filmed on a later mission. If it wasn't part of their own rocket, it could only be one thing, a UFO.

Aldrin: Mike (Collins) decided he thought he could see it in the telescope and he was able to do that and when it was in one position, that had a series of ellipses, but when you made it real sharp it was sort of L shaped. That didn't tell us very much.

Dr. David Baker (Apollo 11 Senior Scientist): NASA knew very little about, um, the object reported by the Apollo 11 crew. It was obviously an unidentified flying object, but such objects were not uncommon and the history of even earth orbit space flights going back over the previous years indicated that several crews saw objects.

Narrator: Despite having a clear view of the UFO, the crew were wary of reporting it to Mission Control.

Aldrin: Now, obviously, the three of us were not going to blurt out, 'Hey Houston we got something moving along side of us and we don't know what it is, you know, can you tell us what it is?'. We weren't about to do that, cause we know that those transmissions would be heard by all sorts of people and who knows what somebody would have demanded that we turn back because of Aliens or whatever the reason is, so we didn't do that but we did decide we'd just cautiously ask Houston where, how far away was the S-IVB?

Narrator: Unaware of the drama unfolding in space, Mission Control radioed the position back to Apollo 11.

Mission Control: 'Apollo 11, Houston. The S-IVB is about 6,000 nautical miles from you now, over.'

Aldrin: And a few moments later, why they came back and said something like it was 6,000 miles away because of the maneuver, so we really didn't think we were looking at something that far away, so we decided that after a while of watching it, it was time to go to sleep and not to talk about it anymore until we came back and (went through) debriefing.

Narrator: To this day, whatever it was that the crew saw has never been positively identified or officially acknowledged.

Dr. David Baker: There were a lot of people within the program who went off later and became convinced that UFOs existed and that lead to some concern on NASA's part where they got the agreement of the crew never to publicly talk about these things for fear of ridicule.

www.ufoevidence.org...

NASA's opinion was that it was an UFO: i recall to have read some attempts to explain it in some prosaic ways: but since neither the astronauts nor MC had any idea what it actually was, i don't think that much more can be said: it was some object, it was flying and it was unknown: rule out reflections, rule out the S-IVB being 6,000 miles away

i'd call it UFO

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Aliens stole my Rb26dett! It was a small skinny yellow alien. He said "blah...blah...240sx....blah....blah....nissan skyline! Buy! Toshiba!
ŽΔΓΘ†Σ 1R Nismo! And then he ran away! This happened in Alhambra. If you know something hit me up in [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dulcebase

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Internos,some great links there - appreciate the info

The object in the Buzz Aldrin footage certainly looks a bit strange...and green.
For sceptics just to write it off as the S-IVB (which was reported to be 6,000 miles away) seems a bit flippantly dismissive to me.

Also found this Russian cosmonaut testimony intriguing as it describes an unknown barbell shaped object in a suborbital path around the Salyut-6 space station:

"On May 5, 1981, we were in orbit [in the Salyut-6 space station]. I saw an object that didn't resemble any cosmic objects I'm familiar with. It was a round object which resembled a melon, round and a little bit elongated. In front of this object was something that resembled a gyrating depressed cone. I can draw it, it's difficult to describe. The object resembles a barbell. I saw it becoming transparent and like with a ' body' inside. At the other end I saw something like gas discharging, like a reactive object. Then something happened that is very difficult for me to describe from the point of view of physics.

Vladimir Kovalyonok, Major-General of Aviation

Rockefeller Briefing Document

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

For sceptics just to write it off as the S-IVB (which was reported to be 6,000 miles away) seems a bit flippantly dismissive to me.

True. But it can just as easily be written off as a transient asteroid or meteoroid that the sunlight happened to hit just right. There's all kinds of non-manufactured (either by us or "them") junk floating around in space, and over the past several decades we've become a lot more aware of it.

That is, if somebody wanted to "write it off." Any such meteoroid would be long gone by now, and there's no good evidence to support that notion, either.

So, "unidentified" works fine for me, although it tends to suggest or imply an alien spacecraft to a lot of people. But I can't help that.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Whats your take on these pics taken over Hungary?
Cheers Karl

That is a thrown object, probably a frisbee painted silver.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoufo
That is a thrown object, probably a frisbee painted silver.

Bit high up to be a frisbee isn't it?
Especialy if it was photographed by a pilot.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
True. But it can just as easily be written off as a transient asteroid or meteoroid that the sunlight happened to hit just right. There's all kinds of non-manufactured (either by us or "them") junk floating around in space, and over the past several decades we've become a lot more aware of it.

I agree, those explanations are possible and its certainly worth dispassionately examining each and every one before arriving at an objective conclusion - I was more referring to the 'UFO cynic' school of thought where you first start with the premise that the subject is
'just a lot of silly nonsense' then proceed to shoehorn in a preconceived conclusion irrespective of any glaring discrepencies or contradictory facts which might get in the way.

I should have pointed out that I think theres a huge difference between true, open minded scepticism and cynical, dogmatic, premeditated debunkery.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

If it was published by a pilot while flying then it rules this out, but when standing on a tall hill it is possible to film the just the clouds as above. Like this one, taken on a long lens, presumably on the ground:

www.flickr.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackphotohobby
If it was published by a pilot while flying then it rules this out, but when standing on a tall hill it is possible to film the just the clouds as above. Like this one, taken on a long lens, presumably on the ground:
www.flickr.com...

Thanks for the reply,I seem to remember the object was photographed by a pilot over Hungary -will try to find some info on the heritage.
Cheers.

EDIT

Here we go:

BUDAPEST, Hungary

A military pilot recorded a spectacular video of a silver disk object on September 29, 2001. The craft was flying to his left side and then moved very fast past him in the clouds as can be seen in the video.
"I was on a flight over Budapest, Hungary," said the pilot, who has requested that his name be withheld until the official inquiry by the Hungarian Ministry of Defence is complete.

"To my left I saw a bright metal aircraft that was the shape of a perfect disk. I was careful to film the object, not to try and chase it since it I could not match its speed. As I was flying a reconnaisance aircraft, I got the idea to film it and used our equipment."

Link

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Namur, Belgium,June 5, 1955:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89a0fafe1a20.jpg[/atsimg]

UFO Photographed Over Waikiki, Hawaii, June 18th, 1959:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20b91b77812b.jpg[/atsimg]

Maslin beach, Australia, 1993:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d86615a0185.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo taken by East German NVA army unit 1982:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e2740b31077.jpg[/atsimg]