It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dim Mak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I didn't really know where else to put this, but I thought its an applicable subject in regards to survival. I was wondering about your oppinions regarding the Dim Mak or Death touch.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

Simply, do you guys believe this is a real, valid technique? Or the result of some serious over active imaginations?

NOTE TO MODS: I'm not condoning the use of a technique that would result in the loss of life of another human being, I'm simply asking peoples oppinions on whether this technique is valid or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It is possible with pressure points.

There is also the Ninja fist of death that can stop someone's heart.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a load of huey. A sleeper hold can cut off carotid flow and if used long enough death. That chi crap is just that.

SR

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Is this stuff real like i heard a theory it's what killed Bruce Lee?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sounds a bit 'out there.'

Probably truth mixed with myth to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yes Dim Mak is real , No you can't just read a book and learn it or learn it online. It is not wide spread either. My friend is good enough with pressure points that he can temporarily paralyze limbs with light pressure and the flat end of a bic pen. (It goes numb and feels like pins and needles) He thinks its funny , and it is.... when it's done to other people.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Bruce Lee did NOT die from any death touch. It was due to an allergic reaction, but I wont say to what, out of respect. He was the master of his art like no other in our times.

Dim Mak is one name for a death touch. Ninja fist. Quivering Palm. Buddhas Palm, (which is stupid as Buddha was not about violent death.) It does indeed exist, but as mentioned earlier, you will never learn it from a book. It is not something taken so lightly. Life is very fragile.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

dim mak is the ninja fist of death thingy

with the right training you can gain over 2 inches of chest compression more then enough to stop the heart, and the good news is doing it again less violently will likley restart it

bare in mind this guys been training in ninjitsu for 25 years so dont be suprised if it doesnt work if your dumbenough to try it

www.youtube.com... national geographic - fight science

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

dude, chi is more than that. if you believe in something strong enough, that makes it real to you. if you aren't willing to keep an open mind then get out and don't come back.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Im not trying to take away from the martial arts here but if you punch someone extremely hard in his chest where his heart is you can stop it. Its just a matter of force. Of course the Martial artists will have a better idea of where to hit but it can be done by just about anyone with a bit of luck

top topics

join