It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signing up, but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I signed up, downloaded and now have the good looking screensaver and the green dish in my system tray. However, I can't sign up with ATS. It wants to know my SETI password, but I never received one. Even tried the 'forgot password' thing and never got it. The program is running fine, but I seem to be unable to associate myself with SETI and ATS.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I've had that problem too... and I don't know a way to fix it. It's irritating as hell, especially since I have 256 WU to contribute.

DE

xn

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a password will be emailed to you.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I had the same problem. I removed SETI afterwards because I got the BSOD just after installing it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Sorry to hear of your problems - it *could* be that, with the imminent move from SETI@home there is more effort concentrated on BOINC??

However, everytime I return a work unit, the *total* number of users has *increased* so I suspect the support is still there?
Persistance *might* be the answer?

There isa thread already existing here which *might* throw some light on the problem and ways to solve it?

Essentially, go to the SETI@home site and click on the "Forgotten password" link and your S@h password will be sent to the email address you signed up with. SETI@home assigns a password to you, so you can adjust/ amend your profile, etc, on the S@h site: this password is one S@h assigns, not *you*, so you need to retrieve it. Sorry

If you *still* have problems why not consider running BOINC instead? ATS has a BOINC team already and your contributions would be most welcome by all!!

Good luck!!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have had the same problems, I am running seti at home, but can't get in the ATS part.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
I have had the same problems, I am running seti at home, but can't get in the ATS part.

To me this doesnt make sense as i can plainly see you
ATS i dunno why u say you cant get in to ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunkTo me this doesnt make sense as i can plainly see you
ATS i dunno why u say you cant get in to ATS.

*Where* can you see muzz drunk??

I might have the wrong end of the stick here, but what we're discussing is the ATS SETI@home team board , where members of the team are displayed. Searching the list there (274 members, though most inactive unfortunately) I can't see muzz??

Confused of Leicester!!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Originally posted by muzz
but can't get in the ATS part.

This part, he/she said he cant get into ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
This part, he/she said he cant get into ATS.

OK - thanx drunk!!

I don't think the original query was an inability to get into ATS itelf ie *this* Discussion board but, rather, an inability to join the ATS SETI@home team itself??

Never mind, we proably need muzz to clarify the situation??

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I will try uninstalling it tonight and trying from scratch. Thanks all for your help.

SORRY!! Editted your post by mistake - meant to hit "Quote" but didn't notice the difference until just now
Mea culpa

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Genya]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I will try uninstalling it tonight and trying from scratch. Thanks all for your help.

All ok my friend!! Good luck with the re-install and with retrieving the password - it's very frustrating for everybody

Again, many apologies for editting your post above godservant - the seperation between quote and edit is finite and I found the wrong one!!

No harm done I trust??

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah, sorry about that. I meant that I could not sign up with the ATS part of SETI. I can sign in to ATS just fine but I can't join the ATS SETI team.

xn

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
make sure there's no spam filters that's accidently filtering this email as spam or deleting it.

new topics

top topics

join