It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot's Prediction for October 7th, 2008 - For the record

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
LOL! Could I be missing something or did the worlds financial system almost crumble yesterday? Guess thats not bad enough.

Well here is my thought on the EVENT everyone was looking for. Besides the stock markets crashing globally, iceland going bankrupt, states asking for billions before they run out of money etc...

What about the fact the the MAJOR governments all acted as ONE yesterday on the rate cut globally? That looks like an open step towards 1 world bank/currency/government. When you get cooperation like that.....

Maybe that was the event that starts the ball rolling. Just a guess/shot in the dark.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Buck Division

The Government took quick action??? They announced today that it will be weeks before the first dime of the bailout bill is handed out, and it will take months to fully implement.

Relatively speaking -- that would be quick for the US government

Me, I'm going to enjoy everyday that I can until the other shoe drops! Maybe a movie tomorrow...

That is a great idea! I'm going to do the same thing.

Your right, it's going to a long time for them to implement this fraud. What confuses me...why did they threaten certain People on the hill that if they didn't HURRY UP and sign this fraudulent bill they would put in action *Congressional Martial Law*... why did this bill need to be signed NOW instead of everyone taking their time to get us out of this right? Paulson is a Crook...why is he heading it ?

People still think we're living in a FREE society? We might have had some freedoms post Bush...Since Bush, our rights are eroding away...Something like 1 million people called Congress to tell their people per their state that they did not want this bail out to go threw...you know how they responded...they stopped answering the phones and the bail out went threw. That's dictatorship if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidU

October 9th, and still no significant event......hmmm. What's up with the October 7th prediction?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Well it is now october 8th, and I am fine, no terrorist attacks or major natural disasters took place in my neck of the woods on the 7th, but the ominous feeling of financial disaster has really kicked in today, perhaps the web bot was predicting the begining of the real end of our financial system globally, begining with the Iceland banks.

Hi Spacecadet,

yes, it seems that the feeling of financial disaster really began to kick in on Oct 7. Some symptoms were that the Australian Federal Reserve Bank announced a 1% rate cut (for the first time in 16 years) and others began to follow, the PM of Iceland went live on international TV and announced that his country was virtually bankrupt as their 3 major banks' debts were so massive the govt. there couldn't possibly bail them out (so they began nationalizing them instead), and the UK govt began its efforts to organize an "unprecedented" bailout of its banks.

Then on the 8th we saw that these efforts had little effect on the markets. We also saw that the coordinated actions of many Central Banks to cut interest rates also did not put the brakes on the slide. Even the US Fed's "emergency" 1/2% rate cut had no positive impact. By the 9th, realization had finally dawned that the various governments' measures were simply not being effective, and that led to even larger drops on Friday 10/10 in the Asian markets. (Falls of around 9% across the board.)

It looks like most people who invest in the various markets don't believe that their governments can halt this crisis, and frankly they are panicking. The European markets are now open and they are doing very badly. The German satellite channel N24 is calling it a "black Friday for European Markets". As I write (more than 2 hours after the markets opened here), Germany's DAX is down more than 10% and still dropping...

In a little under four hours from now, the US markets will open, and unless the US Govt/Fed does something quite extraordinary, it looks like we can expect that Wall St will go the same way.

I'd say that the Web Bot got it right: Oct 7 was certainly a key day in world markets, but the realization of how much (or little) government intervention could do to allay people's fears did not really hit until Thursday -- and today's reaction in markets around the world is the result of that.

Is this the beginning of the end of our financial system globally? I don't know and I doubt that anyone really does. But even if the system more-or-less continues in its present form, most experts say that the recovery will take a long time. Most cite two to five years as a ballpark figure. Meanwhile, we are already seeing the effects.

A word for anyone regarding the various government guarantees to protect your bank accounts. Now, this is only my take on things and I could well be wrong, but this is how I see it: while they might hold to those guarantees, that doesn't have to mean that if your bank (open or shut down) has no cash to hand over, that the government of whatever country you're in will cough up the readies straight away. They might give you a percentage of your money and provide you with some kind of document that promises you the rest after a period of time. They might say that they're sorry, but the problem is so huge that nothing can be done to help you right now. They might even call an early election (where that's possible) or impeach/vote out/depose their leader(s) so they can hand the whole sorry mess over to whoever takes power, so that the former leader(s) can get out without being torn apart by lynch mobs. They might start a war on some pretext to divert people's attention and "pull people together to save their nation" or whatever line they use.

Lord only knows what they might do.
But to just say "Okay, we promised to cover your bank deposits so we've borrowed the money from abroad and here it is."
Borrow from whom, when every major economy is in the same sinking boat and most have given the same guarantees? And if they just print the money (which of course they can), inflation will go stratospheric.

We've had some people on this thread who've claimed that "nothing unusual" (or words to that effect) happened on Oct 7th or in the days around it. I say to those people: the Dow has taken the biggest 7-day hit in many years, the drops on other markets are similar or worse, the combined efforts of many central banks to announce simultaneous rate cuts is unprecedented, the economic "fear index" is at its highest level ever, the UK govt has announced a bailout of its banks at levels never before seen in that nation, the PM of Iceland has stated publicly his country is virtually bankrupt, the US Sec of the Treasury Paulson has stated the Govt may directly buy shares in banks (which amounts to partial nationalization), the effects of this week's events are being compared in some media reports to the reactions post-9/11 -- and the list goes on and on. All in this week!

I have been closely following the markets for twenty-one years, since the '87 crash when I sat up and really began taking notice. I have never seen things this bad and the emotional tensions so high. I have never before seen hardened commentators and experts looking so (frankly) scared.

If you have, then you must be around ninety-plus years old and you are able to fully recall the events of 1929.

So, could you nay-sayers please explain your assertions that this is nothing unusual, that things like this happen every day, and that the Web Bot's predictions are wrong and we are just using the present events as an "excuse" to show it's right?

[edit on 10/10/08 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
er...if you think this is a 9/11 type of experience like the web bot says...I think your the one thats seriously deluded.

The web bot collects web chatter and basically makes a summary of what it analyzes. How is that a prediction when people have been "talking" about a financial collapse or "disturbance" far in advance? Looks like to me the web bot is just a meaningless data mining program that just collectively summarizes what people are or have already been saying for awhile.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Where are all those naysayers about webbot... hello ... hello? .... ready to eat your words yet? Why so quiet all of a sudden?

I'm sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Apologies for my lack of compassion for the ignorant but opinionated.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

You reminded me that I did reserve the right earlier in this thread to tell the naysayers:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't call myself a naysayer, but let's look at the facts.
Nothing catastrophic that would make me crap my pants happened on 10/7.
Not only this, but there are days in the past few weeks with much more relevance to our situation than 10/7.
The 7th was actually a relatively calm day.
Of course people are going to google october 7th and find all the news and then lump it together and call it proof that the prediction was correct.
Don't you know this happens with every prediction?
I could do this with just about any day in the past few weeks.

Cliff said whenever "it" happens, and whatever "it" turns out to be, "it" will be a date in history you remember like 9/11, we will remember 10/7.

Again, there are other days with far more relevance to our situation than 10/7.

The Web Bots foresee that October 7, 2008 to February 19, 2009 will be filled with emotional intensity, and the length of the release period will be extraordinary.

But the emotional intensity between the 7th and today has been the same intensity as it has for a couple of weeks now.

On October 6th, 11:59 pm, the planet is going to go through a "period of release" following the traumatic event. The information will spread very quickly due to technology. The release language will start at the point of impact.

Didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

OK, on October 7th, the Bot Program did start to receive 'release' language. On that day Iceland's banks and economy collapsed, asian and european markets took another dive, european governments joined the 'bailout' bandwagon and most importantly, people started to realize that this wasn't going to be another little dip in the markets. The populace went from 'worry' to 'fear', in other words they went from building up emotion to releasing it, which is what the program picks up on. This cannot be compared to 9/11 in that way because release came as soon as the first plane hit the north tower, this was a 'slow boil' event and it took a while for people to start to panic. If you look at this globally, not just US centrically, then you should see this pattern.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

But you're mentioning the kinds of things that have been happening on a 'regular' bases the past few weeks.

Today:

* Russia approves $86bn bank rescue

* European stock markets finish sharply lower on one of the worst days of trading in 30 years. Fear grips global stock markets

* Alistair Darling calls on the Group of Seven rich countries to “do whatever it takes” to tackle the global financial crisis. - sounds like something from Revelations

See how easy that is?
And the day is far from over.

You said on october 7th people went from worry to fear.
People have been fearful for the past couple of WEEKS.
There was not one sole event that made people start to fear.
If anything, on the days when the market took steep declines, people began to fear.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by TruthParadox]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In the case of the Web Bots, the impeding Event Alert period is from Oct 7, 2008 through Feb. 19, 2009, with a warning period during Sept 22-27, 2008. Each of these think tanks follows a different, though procedurally analogous methodology in arriving at these Alerts. Both Think Tanks are forecasting an event period of high emotion, comparable to a "9/11 Event" lasting 60 days to four months instead of ten days.

The Web Bots foresee consumer society collapsing by mid November 2008. The Web Bots foresee a West Coast/Vancouver area large scale earthquake around December 12, 2008.

whY do people come in here and post that this is basically bullShiOt...instead of reading first?? They might have saved themselves and us some time!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

On October 6th, 11:59 pm, the planet is going to go through a "period of release" following the traumatic event.

This suggests a specific event in which we would all learn of on October 7th.

Then they suggest that it may be a long drawn out process.

This is an earmark of a flawed prediction.
Name a specific date, and then as the date draws near, change your tune.
I've seen it one to many times.

The web bots are supposed to work by viewing levels of high emotion in the collective unconscious.
There's a problem.
There was nothing cataclysmic that happened on the 7th which would cause the high emotion 'waves' to be any different than the last few weeks.
We know that there was not abnormally high levels of emotion on the 7th as compared to just about every single day in the past couple of weeks, so the whole bases for how the web bots are supposed to work contradicts what happened.

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding how the webbots work, I would consider this one just another failed prediction.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

In the case of the Web Bots, the impeding Event Alert period is from Oct 7, 2008 through Feb. 19, 2009, with a warning period during Sept 22-27, 2008. Each of these think tanks follows a different, though procedurally analogous methodology in arriving at these Alerts. Both Think Tanks are forecasting an event period of high emotion, comparable to a "9/11 Event" lasting 60 days to four months instead of ten days.

The Web Bots foresee consumer society collapsing by mid November 2008. The Web Bots foresee a West Coast/Vancouver area large scale earthquake around December 12, 2008.

whY do people come in here and post that this is basically bullShiOt...instead of reading first?? They might have saved themselves and us some time!

Because it is the 10th and nothing happend. Because everytime we read about the web bot predictions, it has been changed just a little. Because none of you are posting the actual raw data from the web bot anyway.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have followed the Web Bot for two to three weeks now. I hadn't heard much about it, but I looked into it, and I said to myself, well.. Oct. 7th really isn't that long away, I will wait and see what happens. October 7th came and went, and nothing happened other than the usual stock market turmoil.

I must say that I've been intensely involved in Tarot for quiet sometime, and I put far more stock into the Tarot than the Web Bot. While I agree on there being a collective unconscious, I do not believe that they are able to predict future trends using nothing more than a web spider to crawl the internet for information. So I did a Tarot reading on the Web Bot asking if it was indeed legitimate.. Tarot says that those behind the Web Bot are nothing more than swindlers trying to make some money.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by statickitt3n
So I did a Tarot reading on the Web Bot asking if it was indeed legitimate.. Tarot says that those behind the Web Bot are nothing more than swindlers trying to make some money.

Just curious...did you make those cards yourself, or is someone making money off of those too?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

So I did a Tarot reading on the Web Bot asking if it was indeed legitimate.. Tarot says that those behind the Web Bot are nothing more than swindlers trying to make some money.

Just curious...did you make those cards yourself, or is someone making money off of those too?

I would agree with your logic there had someone read the cards for me, but since I read for myself and don't pay someone to do it, it makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by statickitt3n

So, what do the Tarot cards say about the economy, Statickitten?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK

Haha! I've been too scared to ask honestly.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK

Haha! I've been too scared to ask honestly.

It Might be possible that the cards are referring to the people behind the collapse being swindlers and cheaters, and that somewhere, to our extreme disappointment, all our "money" has disappeared.

"The Great Swindle of '08"

Maybe that's how we will remember it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join