It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estrogen levels skyrocket in river around Montreal: researchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Estrogen levels skyrocket in river around Montreal: researchers

www.cbc.ca

"What we measured is about 100 times more than the level known to have significant endocrine-disrupting effects," said Sébastien Sauvé, a professor of environmental chemistry at the university."

"Meanwhile, other researchers studying a common species of minnow downstream from Montreal are finding ovaries in the testes of one-third of the males."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is strange no? Has anyone had this happen near them?

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I actually live in Montreal...the water in drink come from St. Lawrence river..i drink my fluoride / estrogen water everyday like a good sheep..thx nwo...no seriously im astonished and mad about that , i read several post on ats about chemichal / pharmaceutical wastes in water supply and its really a subject of matter .

i will check for further development, i am right in the front line for that one. ( i woud like prefered being involved in some ufo case instead, like the ufo at Place Bonaventure in 1997 )

For now i dont have boobs and i think my male attribute still ok...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by LouCypher]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LouCypher

.the water in drink come from St. Lawrence river..i drink my fluoride / estrogen water everyday like a good sheep..thx nwo.

Lol, that was brilliant. Still laughing now.

But seriously, how long will it take before men will start to produce ovaries, in that area?

edit: actually your whole post was brilliant, lol.
[edit on 18/9/08 by enigmania]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I do not think that it is possible for Human males to develop ovaries in adulthood - cells that needed to build a new organ are allready "professionalised", even with estrogen levels 100 times more then toxic (
) but there are other side effects - like chance of breast cancer in males, breasts in males , maybe obesity, higher mortality,lower sperm count and other nice things. It does not help females either.
But what about next generation??? New born males will get closer and closer to sterile!!! Girls can reach adulthood at 7-8! This issue needs solution, and fast (years,not decades).
It is so stupid to poison ourself, i simply cannot believe it. Planet,animals,plants,.. - ok we are greedy. But ourself??? Are we stupid too?

[edit on 18-9-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Everything evil in modern America has come from the birth control pill...
(Canada would be America, if it was more significant)
This is one...
Some other method of non-reproduction involving less of non-metabolized pharmaceutical wastewater generation may be in order...
Half of these chicks are just flattering themselves anyway...they're not having sex nearly often enough to justify poisoning amphibians ...
They just want to feel they're not missing out on the magazine mind-control sex life questionnaires... "HAVING IT ALL"...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have to ask... How did so much estrogen get there in the first place!?!

I mean, did all the unused pills get taken upstream and dumped simultaneously? Or did something far more sinister occur?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Jeah, you're right.

post directed at ZeroKnowledge.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
www.eurekalert.org...

...Data indicates that 128 million contraceptive pills and 107 million doses of hormone therapy are consumed every year in Quebec.

www.cbc.ca...

Also implicated are the byproducts of plastics as they break down, and effluent from pulp and paper mills.

P.s : For now i still have my testicles...i will now go feed me with delicious Monsanto fresh corn. thx nwo

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouCypher

...Data indicates that 128 million contraceptive pills and 107 million doses of hormone therapy are consumed every year in Quebec.

What I don't understand - since these contraceptives are metabolized, and really aren't adding a whole lot more than normal production, is why such a high level is found THERE.

In fact, it mystifies me why different pharmaceuticals are being found in different cities in different amounts. The use of contraceptives and pharmaceuticals is pretty much equal over the populated areas in North America. So why are some showing up in alarming quantities here, and not there?

The excuses that "Oh, look! ALL these PEOPLE here use that drug!" don't cut it. People virtually EVERYWHERE are using the same drugs in roughly the same percentages.

The only reason one area would test as having as an alarming a level as in this report that *I* can figure is that the water was DELIBERATELY adulterated.

I'm just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's coming from the urine of women on the pill, obviously Montreal chicks get around

Men don't have to worry as estrogen and estradiol aren't readily bioavailable when ingested orally and are destroyed in the liver. In pill form the hormones must have a methyl or acyl group to make it through the liver, these are lost when excreted.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

As far as i remember main methabolite exreated in urine is Estriol. And it is bio active. Liver is not getting rid of all - since estriol is given as an oral drug.Now 100 times more then active (? not sure what really was meant as reference in the article) dose - it is definetly potential for worries.
Will be glad to be corrected.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If I remember this correctly, the body has a need to adjust estrogen after testosterone and vice versa, so if one raises, the other one does too, to keep balance. This explains why a side effect of anabolic steroids is gynekomastia - the estrogen raises along with the testosterone leading to men gettin breasts.

Now, I dont know how much this water really affects ppl drinking it but having your hormone levels raising can obviously not be a good thing...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i remember a couple of years back you could read about the fish population dying out in the london area due to the massive ammounts of estrogen levels in the water causing male fishes to go bonkers not to mention the female.

the human body does not absorb everything we put in to it , even 99% of the vitamins you take daily comes out with the fuilds
same thing goes for the pill females eat.

one could say we are the cause of our own decline for being keept in the dark about the long term effects on the enviroment these hormones have.

drone men and their amazon warriors

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

As far as i remember main methabolite exreated in urine is Estriol. And it is bio active. Liver is not getting rid of all - since estriol is given as an oral drug.Now 100 times more then active (? not sure what really was meant as reference in the article) dose - it is definetly potential for worries.
Will be glad to be corrected.

"The pill" isn't just a plain old estrogen molecule, it wouldn't make the first pass through the liver. There will be a methyl or acyl group attached to allow it to make a 2nd pass. Things like 17a-ethinylestradiol 3-methyl ether and 17alpha-hydroxyprogesterones.

Once it loses the added group, it wouldn't matter if you ingested pure estrogen, although I wouldn't recommend trying
You would need much more than could be suspended in water.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
i remember a couple of years back you could read about the fish population dying out in the london area due to the massive ammounts of estrogen levels in the water causing male fishes to go bonkers not to mention the female.

So what happened there? Did the levels drop? And if so, why? Did people stop using contraceptives? I doubt it. Or was it dumped in the water then and has washed away by now?

the human body does not absorb everything we put in to it , even 99% of the vitamins you take daily comes out with the fuilds
same thing goes for the pill females eat.

This does not explain why the amount is suddenly so much higher THERE and not all over large metropolitan areas. What explains its precipitous (to say the least!) rise THERE? Somebody dumping it upstream?

one could say we are the cause of our own decline for being keept in the dark about the long term effects on the enviroment these hormones have.

drone men and their amazon warriors

Or maybe there is a "problem" being created for which they expect a "reaction" so that they can offer a "solution..." Eh?

top topics

join