It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hit by particle accelerator beam..lived to tell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This is one of the stranger stories I have come across.

forgetomori.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Here's a thread that was just started about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I guess search didn't work because they spelled Particle incorrectly.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wow yeah that is a pretty amazing story. So the particle beam went right thru dudes head. I wonder if the bright light he saw was optical or retinal trauma??? There was some paragraph near the end of the article that described Apollo astronauts getting a similar effect from solar radiation.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yes, on the show about a trip to Mars a big concern is stopping the cosmic radiation that hits the astronauts. They have reported seeing flashes when they have been hit.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I dont know if this is a cause and effect thing from reading too many ATS threads, but today I witnessed a spark fly from left to right thru my lower jaw and a proceed thru the windows in a straight line to a distance of about 10meters. Perhaps this is a results of an overactive imagination, but it sure seemed real. I dont know what this was, but the cosmic radiation popped into my mind after it happened. Does cosmic radiation occur with our atmosphere?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yes cosmic radiation can happen inside the atmosphere but not nearly in the quantities present past the van allen belt... add to that things being only unlikely not impossible statistically and you very well could have got zinged.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That is pretty interesting. Honestly, almost an eerie thought.

Hard to believe that he felt nothing at first though; it makes sense though, I suppose.

top topics

join