It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange events in Leeds last night! Anyone else see this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Ok, firstly a bit of background. I am the admin on a football site and im known as the sites resident UFO loon
and i even created an area 51 section for posts similar to what gets discussed on ATS. Anyway, like i say, i am known the sites resident UFO guy so if any of the posters have any questions regarding Roswell, bentwaters etc they ask me.

Now, i woke up this morning and switched on my mobile and i had missed an urgent text from a friend in the leeds area. He said in the text something was going on and he was a bit spooked. I have since obtained more details and here is what he can confirm he saw last night.

About 11pm last night he was walking his dogs and they suddenly went beserk without reason. Then 2 helicopters suddenly appeared over temple newsham and were shining their spotlights very brightly, but the lights were shining UP like they were searching the air for something. One of the helicopters was BLACK and larger than the other one. They then took off towards garforth/castleford still chasing their beams up in the sky. My friend says the dogs were really really spooked and he was as well as he had heard of the infamous black helicopters but thought they were a myth.

Did anyone esle see this last night or can anyone explain why they were shining spotlights in the air chasing something, rather than to the ground??

if anyone has further questions let me know

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Never heard of black choppers in the Leeds area.....but I did watch a program about police helicopters last night and how they use heat seekers to find people.....

Have you ever seen a UFO or do you believe in them from the all the evidence you have read over the years...

Im from Leeds and have never seen one or at least I think Ive never seen one...but I do believe they exist...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda

Never heard of black choppers in the Leeds area.....but I did watch a program about police helicopters last night and how they use heat seekers to find people.....

Have you ever seen a UFO or do you believe in them from the all the evidence you have read over the years...

Im from Leeds and have never seen one or at least I think Ive never seen one...but I do believe they exist...

I have seen 2, one was in daylight and was a definate disc object, dead silent and it flew quickly right over a football practise match so plenty of people saw it. Approx 1981 ish One at night was just moving around with incredible speed, then hovering, then it shot straight up and dissapeared-funnily enough it was hovering over leeds before it went up. approx 1991 ish

I dont think my friend had seen anything before, even though he tends to believe in the subject matter, it was just very bizarre that a black chopper and another one were chasing something about but shining their lights up into the sky rather than down

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hi expat white ,I remember you from Gazbom's Brits thread.Interesting,I've often wondered if we have black helicopters in the uk.You could try ringing the local constabularly and just ask them .I did this once when I was somewhere and the cops told everyone to stay indoors-they were a bit condescending but they told me the truth also try contacting your MP and ask them to ask the force in question what they were doing and local residents were alarmed due to the current climate of fear re .terrorism..

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
ive experienced something like this my self while visitiing liverpool, we went clubbing, before you say its the drink talking im tee total.
anyway we were driving down the m6 back home to shropshire (were i lived at the time) my friend was looking out the window and commenting on a light going from the ground up then just as she said this a aircraft, im not sure what shot up into the sky flew around the motorway then disapeared but this craft also had a light from the top of it beaming into the sky this happened for a while.
we were in a traffic jam and a lot of people in other cars were watching this.
it was very weird because the crafts just disappeared.
it cared on but in the end we were to far away to see it any more but it was a good hour we were in the traffick jam and it was still going on when we were gone.
ive never explained it. nor has any of my friends.

not sure if it is the same sort of thing but reading the post i made me think of this

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
Hi expat white ,I remember you from Gazbom's Brits thread.Interesting,I've often wondered if we have black helicopters in the uk.You could try ringing the local constabularly and just ask them .I did this once when I was somewhere and the cops told everyone to stay indoors-they were a bit condescending but they told me the truth also try contacting your MP and ask them to ask the force in question what they were doing and local residents were alarmed due to the current climate of fear re .terrorism..

cheers candyfloss, good points - i will pass them on to my friend as it would obviously be better for him to speak to them as he was a first hand witness

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
glad to be of service and please keep us posted.I know from experience that knocking on the doors of power for answers works.Sometimes they shut the door in your face but sometimes you get answers or at least make some bod in authority think twice.Candy

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Hi expat white ,I remember you from Gazbom's Brits thread.Interesting,I've often wondered if we have black helicopters in the uk.

i stay in blackpool, i have seen black (coloured all black, nothing else) flying over here a few times, not only that but an all black think that looked loads like a nimrod circuling the town.

i have also seen a black and yellow (mainly all black with a tiny yellow stripe along teh body) one that lingered over the town for about a week scanning everything with a camera!

loads of strange and millitary stuff flying about here, but its all deffinitelly human, i have seen 2 ufo Really high up, but i think it was just the sun hitting a jet in a funny way which made it look like a bright red ball of light Mainly as above this area seems to be a main corridor for big jets flying up the uk to then fly over to the usa.

their are also RAF bases very close, one (warton) is where BAE systems are based, and lancaster.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hey chaps, been browsing ATS for a while now but this is my first post, hope its helpful.

A few years ago (7-8) I was hearing a lot about black helicopters flying between Sheffield and Manchester from a couple of friends. From what I can remember these were being used alongside police units for surviellance and were mainly seen at night or early morning with one daylight sighting describing them as almost silent and with probes that made them look like insects. I was also told they resembled an Apache with a NOTAR boom instead of a tail rotor

Not sure if theres any truth in it and I never saw one myself.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well i had a sighting last night.... But without the helicopters.

Was out walking the dog around 10pm and i noticed this, atleast i thought it was the planet venus first, and started to look around to see any other stars to compare with but it was a thick blanket of clouds last night so i saw nothing except where the moon was positioned.

Now back to the object, it looked like venus at first glance, but when i looked at it closer it was moving, and i also had a few trees to compare the movement with.
almost like a zigzag movement.

Nothing more to report as of yet on this though.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Police helo in Leeds (call sign xray99) is black from below so it would have appeared black to anyone on the ground...
Click here www.westyorkshire.police.uk.../files/image/large/xray99-evening.jpg)for a twighlight snap of Xray99 and as you can see; it does actually look all black....( even though it's sides are white)

Its a civilain class MD902 which would be only slightly above a unicycle in my choice of UFO detection vehicles lol....

Why would the police be chasing UFO's ; surely the MOD would have soemthing a bit more suited to chasing intergalatic visitors than a 200 mph helo whose main job is to chase toerages from Seacroft round the ringroad....

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

Hi expat white ,I remember you from Gazbom's Brits thread.Interesting,I've often wondered if we have black helicopters in the uk.

i stay in blackpool, i have seen black (coloured all black, nothing else) flying over here a few times, not only that but an all black think that looked loads like a nimrod circuling the town.

i have also seen a black and yellow (mainly all black with a tiny yellow stripe along teh body) one that lingered over the town for about a week scanning everything with a camera!

loads of strange and millitary stuff flying about here, but its all deffinitelly human, i have seen 2 ufo Really high up, but i think it was just the sun hitting a jet in a funny way which made it look like a bright red ball of light Mainly as above this area seems to be a main corridor for big jets flying up the uk to then fly over to the usa.

their are also RAF bases very close, one (warton) is where BAE systems are based, and lancaster.
That's interesting.I did'nt know all that stuff went on in Blackpool.I'm from Barrow so I'm used to hearing low flying jet fighters screaming flying low acroos the Lakes.I know that there used to be pretty active ufo group(LUFON i think?)around that area keeping an eye on Warton and the triangular craft they were developing there.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Coming back from Fountains Abbey in North Yorkshire we were on the ring road outside Leeds, this was last saturday so the 13th. There was a gorgeous sunset opposite side of the ring road but over the city in the East I spotted a very large bright white star. It was below cloud level which kinda ruled out the star option...unless the heavens are being sucked closer due to some apocalyptic doomsday machine in Geneva or something.
Anyway, it remained static but on attempt to attract the momsters attention to it our sights were obstructed by trees and an industrial park but the "star" did appear to switch off.

ten or so minutes later when we re-emerged into an area of endless views I was ecstatic to see the star again which mum also saw this time. after a good few seconds the star again switched off in the middle of the sky. It was like a quick fade out like when you switch off an enrgy saving lightbulb. I don't know if that means UFOs are green friendly...

Anyway I don't know what it was and neither does the momster, I've managed to unearth a vast amount of sightings over the past week from around Brighton and Aston but none for Leeds...until I read about the black helicopters chasing something in the skies.

et voila, glad I got that of mi chest, thanks Tom ^~

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well this is interesting,
I witnessed what i thought were black choppers last night.
I filmed them too with their beam shining down.
I am in the midlands area if that helps.
Will update with video.
I remember commenting that these things are so noisy esp late at night.
They make the whole house vibrate.Then they went into whisper? mode.
So they are listening choppers too i think.
I didn`t think much of it until this.
I will return.

new topics

top topics

join