It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hit By A Partical Accelerator Beam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Hit By A Partical Accelerator Beam

forgetomori.com

Anatoli Bugorski was checking a component of the U-70 synchrotron particle accelerator when he accidentally put his head in the beam’s path. It was the fatidic day of July 13, 1978, and as the safety devices failed, Bogorski later told that he saw a flash "brighter than a thousand suns", as protons near the speed of light traveled right through his head. But he did not feel any pain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.esa.int
lsda.jsc.nasa.gov

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Even though this occurred 30 years ago, a recent article was published going into great detail about the event. They even include a photograph of the victim, and some relevance between what he witnessed as a result, and what the Apollo Astronauts reported in the 1960's and 1970's, and is still being studied to this very day (See The Two Additional Links For Further Details).

forgetomori.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

He did not get any superpowers either. Not as far as we know.

Taken from your link

Except he can walk around with a javelin in his head,the down side to his superpower is that he cant turn around in a hallway,is his kryptonite.

I thought of the astronauts when I read your opening post,but when looking at the his photo, the bream would have had to hit his eye to see it, wouldn`t it?

Maybe his brain was affected by it instead?

Either way,if that was me,I would have bought a lottery ticket that day.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't expect it to do anything to him didn't astronauts see basicly the same phenomena when they first went into space and didn't have adequate shielding in place.

I suppose you can never know though it could depend a lot on the particle used and what it hit's.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
lol 'accidentally put his head in the beam's path'.

"Hey Bugorski.. Bugorski. I daare you to put your head in the beam's path and see what happens ahhaha"

- "hahaha ok!"

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by malganis

You never know, he may have been a smoker and lost his lighter and had the epiphany that he could light his ciggie with the beam, then tripped.......

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
lol 'accidentally put his head in the beam's path'.

"Hey Bugorski.. Bugorski. I daare you to put your head in the beam's path and see what happens ahhaha"

- "hahaha ok!"

"No sir, I was not 'pratting around', it was a geniune mistake..."

I had to supress a giggle at the notion of someone getting shot with the proton beam. I don't know why I find it funny, it just is!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I may be mistaken, but I read somewhere he stuck his head in the beam to find out if it was actually working.

I'm not sure.

[edit on 18/9/08 by enigmania]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
my friend put his head in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds in his early teens. He's 29 going on 30yrs old now.

the microwave was the type that didn't need the door closed to function, or if it did, he tricked it by pushing in the piece that tells the microwave that its' door has been closed. anyway, he said it didnt get hot, he didnt lose hair, he didnt feel funny, or get headache, he said it was as if nothing happened.

then, later on he goes through high school, the dude is a freaking genious. speaking of particle beam accelerators/smashers, we have a NASA one locally where I live, called CEBAF. My friend was working there while in high school, getting paid $12.00/hr in the mid 1990's for an after-school INTERNSHIP. Now he gets to write on his resume that he was a project leader for CEBAF/NASA yada yada etc etc. he's never been to college, but knows everything possible about computers. he has taken apart generic Linux operating system, rebuilt it, redesigned it from the inside, and made his own version, his very own operating system (like windows?), totally unique to his machine. Open source code makes that possible, but programming is HARD! I know a little bit of BASIC.. and thats my level of knowledge.. basic!

Anyways, he drives a 2001 Black Corvette, modified with 19" rims. He also has a "daily driving car", his BMW. His stepfather, who owned the house they were both living in passed away, and the house is now his. He lives there alone, its 5 bedrooms, he has no mortgage or rent payment. A few years ago, he was making $85,000 a year on salary, by now he should be making around $100,000/yr. He was the Webmaster for Trader Publishing Co., but now he works for someone else. You know the website "autotrader.com"? He designed that layout, database, and search engine.

Final summary? Receiving laser beams to the brain, or at the least microwave rays to the brain for approx. 10 to 15 seconds at a critical age and point in the process of puberty can cause abnormal growth of intelligence in that person's brain

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

he said it didnt get hot, he didnt lose hair, he didnt feel funny, or get headache, he said it was as if nothing happened.

Weird, I get headaches and weird sensations from just looking into the microwave when it's on with the door closed.

I also get it when I hold a mobile phone to my ear for longer than 20 seconds.
I keep conversations short and I even change ears during the call.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I may be mistaken, but I read somewhere he stuck his head in the beam to find out if it was actually working.

I don't know where I got that from, but after reading about the particle beam's power that just doesn't seem very likely. Sorry.

top topics

join