It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS here so skeptical of David Icke?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think it's hard to call him a disinfo agent. If you read his books he provides many references for the basis of his point of view, he's not spouting stuff off the top of his head. So at best he's given his opinion or perception of the evidence, you can go and look at the evidence yourself if you want.

The only thing he can't provide evidence towards is the reptillian thing (which I flat don't believe). And of course everyone points to this and say well if he thinks that, all the rest of his stuff isn't true either.

His source for George W., & Cheney for that matter, being pedophiles is 1 womans account. So at best he's naive to believe one persons point of view on that issue (if anything she's the disinfo agent, not him, as she's written a book about it).

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
good point! But i doubt someone who is looking for truth would be so gullable to take that one womans word.

i think it was his book with "matrix " in the title (im not good at remembering names sorry) that had the info about people who have seen the british royal family sacrafice children and shape shifting.

he has published those facts no matter who said them first.

my view (again) is that he does know an aweful lot of stuff, but that same stuff could have been read from another book, internet forums, blogs and his own contacts in the conspiricy world.

im not saying he is a complete dis info type, as he is correct about alot of things (uk heading towards a prison state being top of the list), but for every truth their is a crazy story.

now to us, people with an intrest, we can go and find that most of his info is true, but the average joe 6 pack on the street wouldnt care, they ignore everything until they hear about the reptilians and thats where i see teh problem.

its not disinfo "as such" .. more like making the conspiricy community to be wakko's through association, as most people dont listen to the boaring bits (which are the true bits) they just here the bits that make them think "loony".

im new to the whole world of truth, people like ike and alex jones very nearly made me think it was all crazy due to the far out storys (ike) or the non stop biblical style preaching (alex jones). But on the same page its people like them that opened my eyes alot more!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

David Icke is a Human hero in my opinion....

Humanity needs/must wake the # up...

David Icke-brilliant speech
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't think this interview helped his credibility

He now has a huge following of supporters but like UFOs, even speaking about him requires a compulsory smirk on you face, followed by a little giggle to prove to everyone else your not completely insane.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
Icke gets a bad rap for the Reptilian theory. People then disregard everything he has to say because of that.

Very true. When/if you scratch the surface he's far deeper and more informed than that.

I admire anyone who sticks to their beliefs for such a long time, overcoming the ridicule he has.

He's entitled to his opinion and we have choices as to whether to listen, follow, believe or discredit.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have followed David Icke's research and work since the 90's.
The man is brilliant and just about everything he said that was going to happen has happened and is still coming.

He makes a great effort to inform people of whats going on and the dummies that refuse to take what he says serious are usually very poorly educated people with a lot of ignorance. Usually they find reasons not to research things themselves and make excuses for being retarded.

I have read a lot of people discredit his work and they usually say things like "He never provided and hard evidence of a reptilian", get real, you can't expect the man to drag out a dead body of reptilian for the world to see on T.V. Sometimes you have to not be lazy and find things out on your own.

David Icke presents plenty of evidence in his research and I give him credit for all his work and the effort he makes to inform the world of NWO knowing retards will deny it.
Not a lot of people have the balls to do what he does.

He really is a Hero!

[edit on 19-9-2008 by buds84]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
Icke gets a bad rap for the Reptilian theory. People then disregard everything he has to say because of that.

Me, I sit on the fence on that one. I've personally haven't experienced evidence either way, so I cannot discount it as being a possibility. There are witnesses and people that have seen things. I can't comment on what they experienced.

His research on the bloodline connections and elitist global power structure is excellent in my opinion. I also like his spiritual connections and the fact he says all our power comes from truth and love. That can't be faulted and i'd figured that out before i started reading his books.

He kind of connected the dots for me about a lot of things and he's spent a long time researching in depth. I've got a lot of respect for Credo Mutwa as well.

Some folk need to stop dismissing people completely because they don't agree of some of their theories. It doesn't mean all of their theories should be written off.

No, that is exactly why they need to dismiss him. The Queen was a reptilian; Cheney and Bush are reptilians; everyone's a reptilian but the reptilians. So he says some other political stuff that strikes you as accurate? Okay, fine. But it's all in service to the BS that he REALLY believes is behind that.

THAT is the problem.

I won't even say Icke is lying. I don't know that he is. But the root cause he has come up with for all the real ills of the world is unreal and I think it's dangerous to give a guy a platform about real ills in the world if the root cause he names is a fantasy. I'm pretty sure that's how Hitler came to power (at least officially) and any cult leader worth their salt.

Again, I'm not saying Icke is a liar (or Hitler or a cult leader). I'm saying that the mechanism to advance his agenda is the same, if we allow it, whether he ultimately believes that agenda or not.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

He makes a great effort to inform people of whats going on and the dummies that refuse to take what he says serious are usually very poorly educated people with a lot of ignorance.

And a side of fries and a pinch of salt?

Seriously, this is whacked. You're saying that the person who does not believe the Queen of England was a shape-shifted reptile is the ignorant uneducated person and the guy who says it with zero evidence or even a decent argument or...well...anything all all--THAT guy is correct?

You're saying he doesn't need to provide evidence, if we do our homework we can find the truth for ourselves. Excellent. Point me to the evidence I can read that the Queen Mother was a shape-shifted reptile. What book is that in? Who wrote it? Why? What evidence did they come up with? Can we exhume her body to find out?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Your laughable.
Everyone has there own believes.
So you can stay blind all you want. There is no NWO, Bush is a really a good guy, 9/11 was really done by Osama bin Laden and Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
buds i dont think its laughable, but i see both sides of the coin.

all the things you mentioned in the last reply, as time goes on are turning out to be true, and noone is argueing ikes views on these topics (9/11, nwo, illuminati ect) as he is pretty accurate on them.

its just the reptile thing, their is NO proof other than peoples word and painting a picture from text's and images that are 1000's of years old.

if he turns out to be right on the reptile bit, ill eat my hat, actualy, you pick the hat and ill eat it

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I really don't find the reptilian thing too far off. I'm not exactly a believer in reptilians, but what he describes is really no different than what has been known through out history as demons.

As far as being Jesus part. I think that is more true than most people realize. I'm sure by now most of you are familiar with Christ consciousness and have heard about it, or even experienced it. As far as that topic goes, that doesn't bother me unless he is running around telling people they need to worship him or whatever.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Your laughable.
So you can stay blind all you want. There is no NWO, Bush is a really a good guy, 9/11 was really done by Osama bin Laden and Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.

Laughable = having to believe Icke or Jones aren't out of their flippin minds in order to know there is an NWO, secret govt programs, sponsored terror, 9/11 inside job.

More laughable = being labeled a disinfo agent for it by their sheep.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
As for me, i am listening to him a whole lot more now because he is starting to make very good sense and now, those interdimensional beings he speaks of that are ultimatly at the top of the pyramid running the world, or that there's a being with a joystick playing us all...well, it doesnt seem so farfetched anymore.
As far as Reptillians, well, i wouldnt eliminate that theory either. We dont know anything, really.
All we know is what he is telling us and we are seeing such things happen everyday
Who knows were we REALLY ARE?????

Its really frightning, isnt it.

What in the world are you talking about? We know plenty of things! Having an open mind is a good thing, just throwing your hands in the air and saying anything is possible and wrapping yourself in a blanket of ignorance is just... well... ignorant.

Icke is crazy and that people encourage him to continue and not seek professional help is just sad.

This thread is just unreal. Can anyone provide any evidence that Icke's world view is correct and not the machinations of a crazed mind?

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Biscuit]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
David Icke is nothing like Alex "9-11 Was An Inside Job" Jones. He doesn't go around shouting with loud-hailers or disrupt press conferences. Alex Jones is a bigger problem to any kind of truth being unveiled and accepted by the public than the conspiracy masters behind it. He makes the truth easier to hide. Having the truth is one thing, getting the people to accept it over an official statement is another. With Alex Jones as our public figure, it'll stay hidden, he's far to aggressive.

Icke believes everything he says, you can see it. Some of his theories are a little "far out" but no more than others out there or indeed on ATS.

As for the Queen being a reptilian shape shifter (I've never heard of her eating rodents), could you point me to this, I've got to hear it for myself! The shell suit thing was brilliant, I remember that on television. He came out with some pearlers, but with no financial gain necessary, and a deep belief in his claims, it's hard to 100% say whether or not these claims are true, or he's just simply lost the plot.

[edit on 19/9/2008 by Sendran]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
Didn't Icke claim to have contact from the same artificial intelligence as Phillip K. Dick?

I am a rabid PKD fan but have never heard of this, could you point me to a source. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Biscuit

Apologies mate, incorrect info. I should've double checked.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So PKD never claimed to be in touch with aliens?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Biscuit

Got confused with the Russian Psychotronics story.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Your laughable.

Haha, either Bush is a good guy, and Iraq really had weapons of mass destruction, or the Queen of England is a shape-shifting alien reptilian?

That's truly a false dichotomy for the ages.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by mdiinican]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biscuit

Originally posted by dgtempe
As for me, i am listening to him a whole lot more now because he is starting to make very good sense and now, those interdimensional beings he speaks of that are ultimatly at the top of the pyramid running the world, or that there's a being with a joystick playing us all...well, it doesnt seem so farfetched anymore.
As far as Reptillians, well, i wouldnt eliminate that theory either. We dont know anything, really.
All we know is what he is telling us and we are seeing such things happen everyday
Who knows were we REALLY ARE?????

Its really frightning, isnt it.

What in the world are you talking about? We know plenty of things! Having an open mind is a good thing, just throwing your hands in the air and saying anything is possible and wrapping yourself in a blanket of ignorance is just... well... ignorant.

Icke is crazy and that people encourage him to continue and not seek professional help is just sad.

This thread is just unreal. Can anyone provide any evidence that Icke's world view is correct and not the machinations of a crazed mind?

to assume we arnt all alittle crazy in some way is....crazy!

so i guess then your world views are as beleivable as his then?
how can you generalise like this and assume just because you dont beleive or understand where he is comming from that his crazy and should provide 'proof' to be able to have a say in this world.

he is not hurting you or anyone else for that matter so if you think his 'crazy' so be it..dont listen to him. free world.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join