It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS here so skeptical of David Icke?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Is anyone else listening to him on Coast to Coast? I have a new admiration to the guy.

I don't see how Alex Jones is a patriot and David Icke isn't. David Icke is spreading the truth as how he sees it and he did it before Alex Jones got popular. Alex Jones's means of spreading his message is through the internet but David Icke was at it way before then.

I also think David Icke is more insightful and more open to alternative explanations for things than Alex Jones. He doesn't seem as crazy as everyone here makes him to be.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I think the problem with people like David Icke and Alex Jones is that they give you the craziest part of the stories first.

If you watch mainstream media they give a slow gradual build up that is much easier for people to digest and believe.

I have read, watched and listened to both of these people and they seem to just blurt out a massive amount of information without any proper structure.

If they were to start with the least shocking facts first and gradually let out the wildly shocking things then im sure people would not be as suspicious but I guess if they do not give you the wacky ideas first people would never listen anyways.

Its a tough job if what they are saying is the truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Is anyone else listening to him on Coast to Coast? I have a new admiration to the guy.

I don't see how Alex Jones is a patriot and David Icke isn't. David Icke is spreading the truth as how he sees it and he did it before Alex Jones got popular. Alex Jones's means of spreading his message is through the internet but David Icke was at it way before then.

I also think David Icke is more insightful and more open to alternative explanations for things than Alex Jones. He doesn't seem as crazy as everyone here makes him to be.

Alex Jones is only an ignorant kind of crazy, whereas Ike is more of a needs to be medicated sort of crazy.

Everything Ike talks about comes back to multidimensional lizard people

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I just dont know about Icke..

He was a well paid goalkeeper at soccer in his prime, then he went on to hosting tv shows, so hes got enough money put by and sure doesnt need the fame.

To just one day start coming out with his matrix theories, lizard people etc makes one think why? Is he on to something or has he went over the edge?

Like any topic of discussion i like to listen from all sites and do my own investigations to said subjects, so ill just keep listening to what Icke has to say and make my own assumptions.

It certainly is interesting stuff.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Icke gets a bad rap for the Reptilian theory. People then disregard everything he has to say because of that.

Me, I sit on the fence on that one. I've personally haven't experienced evidence either way, so I cannot discount it as being a possibility. There are witnesses and people that have seen things. I can't comment on what they experienced.

His research on the bloodline connections and elitist global power structure is excellent in my opinion. I also like his spiritual connections and the fact he says all our power comes from truth and love. That can't be faulted and i'd figured that out before i started reading his books.

He kind of connected the dots for me about a lot of things and he's spent a long time researching in depth. I've got a lot of respect for Credo Mutwa as well.

Some folk need to stop dismissing people completely because they don't agree of some of their theories. It doesn't mean all of their theories should be written off.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I don't see how Alex Jones is a patriot and David Icke isn't.

Can you clarify what you mean about David Icke and patriotism? I'm a little unsure about how or why you're comparing the two here.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
listen to what Jordan Maxwell says about David Icke - something along the lines of him helping Icke get his foot in the door, but Icke started spouting disinformation - most likely not purposely.. i'll have to find the link; it's in one of Maxwell's lecture videos

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I admire Icke's ability to research and make a convincing case for his subjects, but he has never produced enough evidence to support his most out-there claims (the reptile thing).

With any argument, the more askew your position is with accepted truth, the more evidence you have to give to support it. He just doesn't.

And I'm no skeptic, I find books by other common 'conspiracy' writers like Jim Marrs to be well written, researched, and delivered.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Both enjoy the idea of big brother as long as it does not happen to them. There the sort of people you should not bother with.

Phil schneider said it best, you cannot be a master of two houses.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My brother and posters in this forum keep encouraging me to watch the 3 hour David Icke video. "You gotta see it!"
But I like others don't like to waste my time, I can't get my head around the 'reptilian' roadblock that is placed in my path of logic. (me, logical:lol

If he would only allude to the reptilian thing metaphorically instead of physically maybe he would get more traction and exposure with more people that need to know about the NWO etc.
Anyway, I have the 3hour thing bookmarked, along with that 'guru boy' in india, now to just devote some time to them.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE

Alex Jones is only an ignorant kind of crazy, whereas Ike is more of a needs to be medicated sort of crazy.

Everything Ike talks about comes back to multidimensional lizard people

I used to laugh at Icke too BUT:

Remember the saying "It aint over till the fat lady sings"

The stuff that David Icke has gone on about is all coming TRUE if you have read his books etc

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As for me, i am listening to him a whole lot more now because he is starting to make very good sense and now, those interdimensional beings he speaks of that are ultimatly at the top of the pyramid running the world, or that there's a being with a joystick playing us all...well, it doesnt seem so farfetched anymore.
As far as Reptillians, well, i wouldnt eliminate that theory either. We dont know anything, really.
All we know is what he is telling us and we are seeing such things happen everyday
Who knows were we REALLY ARE?????

Its really frightning, isnt it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
my theory on David icke is that he is one of these "disinfo" types.

he seems like a really nice guy, and i woudl love to meet him in person and speak to him about his many theorys, as some of the stuff he comes out with is very insightful, but is the same sort of info that other conspiricy / NWO truth gatherers tell people on a daily basis.

With david icke, i think if he IS a dis info person, it has been done in a very good way, basicly he goes on tv / radio ect and talks about shape shifting reptiles and how george bush is a peado and a lizard in equel amounts to how much he discuses the NWO and those more beloevable topics. My theory to this is simply that if he became the countrys leading talker / reporter of concpiricy type news, well, no normal person will take anythgin he has in seriously, as he has already spouted about th equeen killing kids and eating them or something equaly insane.

in short, he makes believers of conspiricys look real bad by accociation, and by doing that makes the average "sheeple" think that all conspiricy reporting is nonsence by association. You may think this is crazy, but its EXACTLY how i felt about conspiricy topics till i actualy learned more about them! and one of the main reasons i thought that was due to ppl like david icke.

im a firm believer in "if their is proof" i will believe, reptilians are one of teh few conspiricys that have no grounds except for mentions in books which are 1000's of years old and could just be the imagination of a mayan novelist and not necessarily any sort of reality.

when you look at his background, it shouts out that their may be another motive, as mentioned he was a mainstrea, footballer, a tv host, and he also hosted news programs for the bbc, which basicly makes him more msm than any other conspiricy reporter out their, and its that that makes me think.

i would love to be wrong ! but i dont think i am.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
As for me, i am listening to him a whole lot more now because he is starting to make very good sense and now, those interdimensional beings he speaks of that are ultimatly at the top of the pyramid running the world, or that there's a being with a joystick playing us all...well, it doesnt seem so farfetched anymore.
As far as Reptillians, well, i wouldnt eliminate that theory either. We dont know anything, really.
All we know is what he is telling us and we are seeing such things happen everyday
Who knows were we REALLY ARE?????

Its really frightning, isnt it.

Totally agree with that statement dgtempe. A lot of his theories that were totally dicounted in the 90's as being BS have started to look possible. With the NWO, Illuminati, Big Brother states and bloodlines now pretty much in your face.

Icke's been misquoted or taken out of context a lot as well, which has never helped him.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Everyone remembers that Ike originally got his fame by claiming to be the reincarnation of Jesus right? I know he doesn't often bring that up after being humiliated on national TV for it when he was debunked

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE

i was just going to reply to the last port with pretty much that exact topic.

He has never really done any favours. In the uk , simply the mention of him on a tv show or radio gets laughs and people tuning in to hear what he has to say this time.

In uk their is a channel on sky EMTV, their is an icke interview that has been showing lately where he discusses this and how he was real messed up when he came out basicly saying he was jesus and wearing the crazy tracksuits.

His explination was that he had basicly gone nuts due to too much info coming to him.

Alot of stuff he talks about is very inresting, but for everything he says that coudl be true, he counters it by telling the genral public that teh queen is a lizard or george bush is a peadophile (he has said that on national radio in the last year!!)

thats why i think he is disinfo, he has info that is most probably true then makes any subject he talks about sound liek its coming from a complete loony by telling people that reptilians are controling everything in secret. >.<

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

i dont think his crazy at all. i've heard much worse come out of peoples mouths than ickes theories. i was on his site for a few years before here and you think ickes weired, you should read some of the members posts

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
I just dont know about Icke..

He was a well paid goalkeeper at soccer in his prime, then he went on to hosting tv shows, so hes got enough money put by and sure doesnt need the fame.

To just one day start coming out with his matrix theories, lizard people etc makes one think why? Is he on to something or has he went over the edge?

Like any topic of discussion i like to listen from all sites and do my own investigations to said subjects, so ill just keep listening to what Icke has to say and make my own assumptions.

It certainly is interesting stuff.

david ike was a very popular sports tv guy with the bbc for YEARS...a real famous personality... until he started coming out with all these weird theories...

he lost his job..he was ridiculed and was basically an outcast...no one took him seriously and he was basically seen as someone who had just gone totally crazy..

he lost everything he had when he came out with all these ideas..job..reputation..everything.....he certainly hasnt gained anything financially...at least i cant see how he could have..

he believes what he is saying....im 100% sure of it...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
David Icke has also been predicting the Rise of a Western Police state since the Early 1990's- he calls it 'the totalitarian tip-toe". Only lately have either of them begun to receive the attention that their message sorely needs.

Jones started the 9/11 Truth movement - that is to say, he predicted it and called it an inside job right after it happened. He lost a lot of money doing this and most radio stations dropped his program, It is only in the past few years as Americans have come to realize the level of corruption in their government and the apparent coup that has occured, deposing the Constitutional Republic. Icke has been predicting false-flag terror since he started his lectures - as part of his "problem-Reaction'Solution" paradigm

I won't even travel to America, that is how scared I am of their Gestapos the HSD. I don't want to disappear and be tortured for the rest of my life by psychotic American soldiers handpicked for the job. Bush authorized via John Yoo the torture-rape and mutilation of children's genitalia as a method of 'Advanced Interrogation" in front of their parents - so as to better 'persuade' the to reveal pertinent Data. It is so sick. This Truth is more horrible than anything.

I don't want to go to any country that does that. It could happen to anyone, and no one would ever know. People would just think I went missing. Nazi Germany didn't even have the courage to advertise their Evil the way NeoCon America does.

Jones lends a strong voice to your Constitution and speaks truth to power. So do people Like David Icke, who tour the world spreading the message of Freedom Liberty and who endeavour to inform the world as to the True nature of Reality, not just the one presented to us.

He is the constant target of US government psy-ops and disinfo campaigns yet he will not back down. The Malkin confrontation is a prime example

Alex Jones; The Father of 9/11 Truth and a constant champion of the Constitution.

Regardless of what the disinfo agents will say, and they will say all sorts of nonsense - they often start threads and repetitive posts which often abnormally persist

as a means to prevent new people from tuning in to Alex Jones. Such tactics cause a psychological association between Mr. Jones and the disinfo messages (ie. Alex Jones CIA Connection) they wish to implant into your psyche.

However, some people such as Icke have their own creative defense mechanisms that often act as/appear to be disinformation - such as Icke's whistleblowing being followed by the 'and it's all reptilians' grand finale... This tactic has been used in the past by individuals with hidden truths to reveal, and who fear for their lives or the lives of their family.

This will cause you to be dismissive of the things Alex Jones says - even though he backs up everything with documentation and tells you where to find the files/documents for yourselves. Even though he only reports on things that are made public or declassified, the Meme (based on disinfo) will be stuck in the back of your mind and that particular truth will not have as much weight as it should have.

Your primitive subconscious will suspect that Alex may be lying, now that it has been implanted with disinfo - this is especially true for those who are just finding out about Alex Jones and can even cause them to turn away from him entirely.

This is why subliminal and disinfo tactics are considered illegal and unconstitutional... People have a right to live without having their minds molested with Government lies and psy-op tactics.

Google: Bilderberg Group
Google:Alex Jones Bohemian Grove (he exposes them),
Google: NSPDD-51 - this is on the .gov websites
Google: REX- 84, RX 84 Alex Jones - also on
Google: Continuity of Government, John Warren Defense Commission -.gov
Google: John Yoo Torture Memo
Google: Patriot Act 1 & 2

These are the documents Alex freaks out over, and David Icke constantly references. There are others, but these Seven are the more important ones. "We have the Documents People!!" - now you do too

Check your Local Library for these documents. Any Central Library will also have them all. Also Check the .gov websites - they will have the information you are looking for, and you can access it all from your PC. Good Luck.

FOIA Reading Room
(Freedom of InformationAct)

Every Declassified Document Can found Here

Now you have everything you need to find everything you want - so long as it's declassified

TruthTellist

[edit on 19-9-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hidden in plain site.. I like what David has to say and I belive most of what he has to say...but... I have wondered about something.
When he was "beamed" in this info in an energy stream as he describes whos to say that it was the so called good guys sending this message?
What if the negitive players did this with 95 percent truth and 5 percent way out there stuff to make him look crazy, so when he tells the world the 95 percent truthful parts they will not belive him because of the 5 percent so called crazy stuff.

Hidden in plain site.. they do it all the time . If he is made to look crazy then the real truth looks crazy as well by design.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join