It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind-Control Microbe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

A parasitic infection can give you schizophrenia, make you have a car crash, or determine the sex of your child.

by Kathy A. Svitil published online March 1, 2007

Five years ago, Oxford University zoologists showed that the parasite Toxoplasma gondii alters the brain chemistry of rats so that they are more likely to seek out cats. Infection thus makes a rat more likely to be killed and the parasite more likely to end up in a cat—the only host in which it can complete the reproductive step of its life cycle. The parasite also lives in the brain cells of thousands of species, including about 60 million supposedly symptom-free Americans. Studies over the past few years have suggested that toxoplasmosis infections in humans, too, may cause behavioral changes—from subtle shifts to outright schizophrenia. Two studies this year add even weirder twists.

Source

I couldn't find a thread about this and just stumbled upon it.

really interesting and frightning stuff

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have read of this off and on over the years. That is why they tell pregnant women not to change cat litter.

If the prevalency as stated is correct. I think there should be widespread testing of the general populace for it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
indeed, this could explain a lot of strange behavior so this might be something big that needs more global covering.

join