It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Allen Funds Next Stage of SETI Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Summary - (Mar 19, 2004) Billionaire Paul Allen has committed $13.5 million to support the construction of the first and second phases of the Allen Telescope Array. Construction of the array is now underway at the Hat Creek Observatory, 466 km northeast of San Francisco; the first phase will include the development of 32 6.1-metre radio telescopes. The second phase will see an additional 174 built. Eventually there will be a total of 350 identical dishes built. Once the first 32 dishes are completed, the array can begin scientific operations.

The Article

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think its awesome that he would spend so much money to fund something like this. I know he has a lot of money and this may not be a lot to him, but hey- i'll never have that kind of money.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
In 2003 he was #3 in Forbes 400 richest people.

Forbes 400

#3, Allen, Paul Gardner

Source: Software, Microsoft, investments (quote, executives, news)

Net Worth: $22.0 billion
Hometown: Mercer Island , WA

Marital Status: single

Undergraduate: Washington State University, Drop Out

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi kinglizard!!

Thanx for the news - I have no idea why I didn't spot it until now? Mr Paul Allen is a wonderful person - all praise to him!!

The project sounds fantastic - you know, we *might* just get lucky here and find the proof we need - short of a UFO landing for all to see on the White House lawn, of course!!

new topics

top topics

join