It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kicked out of masonic carpark

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Let's go on an assumption here. Assuming that it was a lodge meeting, I can understand "private property", if the dude with the flashlight was a Mason, would this be in the purview of a Tyler?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Let's go on an assumption here. Assuming that it was a lodge meeting, I can understand "private property", if the dude with the flashlight was a Mason, would this be in the purview of a Tyler?
The Tyler usually sits outside the lodge room proper, holding his sword and bellowing "None shall pass" or whathaveyou.

I have seen cases where, even short of "real" security, a couple guys officially or unofficially watch the parking lot during some meetings or events. Depends on the area of town, the history of vandalism or theft, etc. Another one of those "Masons looking out for each other" thing? *shrug*

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I think this is highly lodge dependent - my lodge is rather rural, so actually it would be. We all know each other well enough and the parking lot is close to the building that anyone sitting out there looking suspicious would probably be targeted by the tyler and asked to leave. As Josh said, they are SUPPOSED to stay immediately outside of the lodge door with the sword, but I know ours tend to wander. He also likes to smoke which means he has to go out to the parking lot, which would make this even more probable.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sparksgordon

"kicked out of masonic carpark"

Was you skateing or doing shoping carts?

Fred Flintone had a lodge'

[edit on 18-9-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
thanks guys! yea i went back during the day today to ask why i was so rushed out. and he apologized and ssaid it was because there are alot of mason haters out there. i said i was just on the phone and he gave me a cigerette! prety nice guy actually talked for about 30 mins! (not about masonry) (im not really bother what they do to be honest) (no sweat off my sack)

Mark

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
I have seen cases where, even short of "real" security, a couple guys officially or unofficially watch the parking lot during some meetings or events. Depends on the area of town, the history of vandalism or theft, etc. Another one of those "Masons looking out for each other" thing? *shrug*

That's a good point Josh, a lot of the older Masonic buildings in larger cities are located in areas that aren't exactly desireable any more. I, too, have seen actual security companies hired to watch the lots because of vandalism, theft, and so forth. Happens all the time at a side-group I belong to over in Topeka. The hall was built years ago and now the neighborhood is pretty rough.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Fraumaurers are repugnant. Secrecy is repugnant.

We all know what happens to Fraumaurers .

Ever heard of an ex-fraumaurer?

Nope. You're not allowed to leave... You just go away and it is a case of "haven't heard from him in awhile."

Sad what people will risk to be a part of a club. So brave.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
Ever heard of an ex-fraumaurer?
Heck, never even heard of a Fraumaurer. Mrs. Maurer? What does she have to do with this thread? Or did you mean Freimaurer, German for Freemason. You know, you could have said Freemason if that's what you meant instead of mistranslating it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join