It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kicked out of masonic carpark

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hey, i was driving home from my girlfriends house last night and i got a phone call. I just so happened to stop at a Masonic center to accept the call. Talked for about 1 minute and was interupted by a knock at the window.

The large man with a torch shon it right in my eyes and said.

"sir im going to have to ask you to leave you are tresspassing"

I looked at him and told him to stop shining the torch in my eyes.

"Sir please hang up your phone and leave"

I asked why and he just stood there silent for a minute staring at me. seemed like an hour!

until i broke the silence and said fine im going.

I left but had a strange feeling i was being followed.

just thought id share my little adventure with you all.

why would they be so pushy to get me to leave?

Thanks

Sparks

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
That does seem a little strange.

You are in a parking lot. I'd go back by during the day and search for posted signs that state that you are not allowed to park or even drive through the parking lot.

The statement asking you to hang up and leave is a bit odd too. Why do you need to hang up to leave? ( Or does your area have a cell phone law? )

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
i found that part wierd too! there was a sign but it said unoatherized parked cars will be towed!
i was only on the phone!

KTK

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Maybe you were scaring thier goats

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Wow dude this has happened to me twice in the past few months. Once during the middle of the day, and the other late at night.

There is a mason center right down the street from my house. Each time cops showed up to interogate me, while I am in the mason parking lot. I am doing nothing wrong, first time I was resting from a long walk, second time I was on a cell phone. Each time the cops play 20/20, get my license and look up my info. Everytime I ask them if I am doing anything wrong, and they always so "no". I also ask them if I am tresspassing and they say "no". When I ask them if I should leave the parking lot they give me a totally ambigious round-about way of saying 'it's in your interests to leave'.

Totally nuts man.

So you were approached by a guy with a torch? Was he a mason or someone else?

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Well it defo wasnt a cop! (mabye the cops that told you to leave were masons) i think he was a moson security guard and saw me on the security camera. i mean what must they be doing to get so wierd about someone parked in there Carpark???

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What's the Lodge numbers of the places y'all stopped at?
A few times the Lodge near my house is used as extra parking, never seems to be an issue.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
i dont think it was a lodge.. it just saids Masonic Center on the front. alot of people go there. quite scary to see how many people are actually masons.

(not acusing masons of being bad)(got stuff to hide tho)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sparksgordon

Ok... what type of Mason Center?
There are libraries, Hospitals, and probably a few Centers that Have Mason in the name for another reason.
It's possible you were in the parking lot after hours and a regular security guard wanted you to move. it's like that in other places to.
As for the sign that said do not park here, even if you were on the phone, it still says 'Do not park here."

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
if it was after hours why where all lights on and loads of cars outside?. it was a meeting hall. i wasnt parking lol i was still in drive! thats my not parking excuse!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I believe in my case(s) it is a Mason Lodge. Not sure on the numbers...I can check when it's light out.

In my case they were police officers, as they 'arrived' in their cops cars
They weren't already there. They also showed up both times within 15 minutes of me being there (maybe less).

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sparksgordon

I'm trying to understand you, but i need some more information.
What's the exact name and location of the place?
Mason meeting halls are Lodges, as far as I know, if it wasn't a lodge, then what makes it a meeting hall.
Were there any signs of a event, lettering on the board or something like that?
What time was it, roughly speaking?
What was the outfit the fellow was wearing?
Were you playing music?
How do you know most of the folks attending were Masons?
And, if most of them were Masons, why is it wierd they were at a Masonry Meeting Hall?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think people put too much intrigue into the whole masonic thing as it is now. Every town in Australia has Masonic Halls. They are awesome buildings, and these days often sold on and converted to cafes and private residences. In the old days they were a very important part of the town, and everyone who was involved local business and was accepted (white irish) I assume was initiated. It was pretty much a social club. There are very unusual and occultish rituals involved in initiation, but are they more obscure than the rituals of any church?
My point is merely that these days the halls are used for all sorts of things and any real freemasonary plot to dominate some business or government department is more likely to be plotted in a more secure location like the board room.
In Australia anyway?
Anyone agree?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Your's is odd, get the Lodge number and google it, you'll find out some general info about the Lodge, and it should have a list or picture of the the officers of the Lodge.
I've hung out after hours at places and generally wave as the same cop keep passing by over and over again. But stopping and getting your info is something else. They may be members who're a bit paranoid. Read through some of the thrads here and you'll see there are some special folks out their. Try emailing one of the members there ans seeing what they'll tell you.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparksgordon
why would they be so pushy to get me to leave?

it was a private parking lot, or what ever. There are alot of "crazies" out there that hold the false belief that the masons are part of some world consparicy. It would therefore be alarming to have a unknown car in your parking lot.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
My lodge rents out our lot on many occasions for Atlantic City bus trips. There have been several thefts of these persons automobiles as well as the occasional act of vandalism. Since that time we have requested the township police to patrol our lot regularly when there are cares present. We have not had any problems in the interim.

I would also like to add that we rent the lodge building out as well for private events such as receptions and parties so just because the lights are on does not mean there is a lodge meeting taking place.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Mason meeting halls are Lodges, as far as I know, if it wasn't a lodge, then what makes it a meeting hall.

Some cities have a Masonic "Temple" or "Center" where all (or some) of the local lodges meet there. In Ft. Worth, 4 lodges met at our Temple, not to mention the York Rite, Scottish Rite, DeMolay, Rainbows, Shriners, and everyone else.

Because of that, there were almost ALWAYS cars in the lot...

Look, a lot of people have a negative view of Masonry, they feel like there is something "wrong" about it, or whatever... You could be one of those people, you know? Hell, I might have asked you to move along as well, if you had no business there. I'd have probably asked what you were doing there first...

I don't typically carry a torch though... I'm the pitchfork guy.

Did you ask the guy "why" he wanted you to leave so quickly? Did you try to explain that you were just taking a call and then you'd be on your way?

Two stars for a goat joke... things never change here, do they?

[edit on 9/18/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Like my brethren above mentioned, a lot of times our buildings get rented out. I mean, even if you've got 4 or 5 different lodges meeting there, you've still got parts of the building not in use all the time, and it's good supplemental income. (Property taxes on some of these big buildings can be HUGE, particularly if they're older buildings that are in parts of town going through a revitalization... I think the taxes on the building where we currently meet is around $60-80,000 a year.)

I AM a Mason, and I was hassled by cops in our own parking lot once. Why? Because we'd rented part of the building to some sort of Israeli Special Olympics or something. They'd hired extra security because of the political ramifications of their own organization, and I seemed suspicious as a guy wearing a coat in Texas in the middle of the summer. (I try to dress a little nicer when I go to lodge. *shrug*) I think they may have followed me for a few blocks as I was leaving, too. Guess they weren't going to take any chances.

(And if you want to know about other, high-profile events that might take place at a Masonic center, just look at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, which has hosted the Oscars, the Emmys, the Grammys and a bunch of other awards ceremonies over the years. Yeah, you've probably seen it on TV. And yeah, its called the Shrine because it's the meeting place of Shriners.)

[edit on 9/18/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
I think people put too much intrigue into the whole masonic thing as it is now. Every town in Australia has Masonic Halls. They are awesome buildings, and these days often sold on and converted to cafes and private residences.

This is a good point - nowadays there are quite a few "masonic centers" that are no longer owned by any lodge. However, I expect this to be changing over the next few years as freemasonry continues to see a universal surge in membership. But for now - just because it says masonic center doesn't mean its owned by Freemasons - might have been a building that was sold and the name was kept.

In the old days they were a very important part of the town, and everyone who was involved local business and was accepted (white irish) I assume was initiated. It was pretty much a social club. There are very unusual and occultish rituals involved in initiation, but are they more obscure than the rituals of any church?

When I see occult used on ATS its usually not in the sense of the word - meaning something that was hidden being revealed. Masonry is occult in that context. It is not occult in the "new thought" movement context, which seems to be how it is most often used around here. Also, I have no idea about Australia, but I you've never had to been a "influential" member of the community to join a lodge - anyone meeting the basic qualifications can join. Might have been a racist component though 30-40 years ago, I do know that sadly a racist component still exists in some southern USA lodges.

My point is merely that these days the halls are used for all sorts of things and any real freemasonary plot to dominate some business or government department is more likely to be plotted in a more secure location like the board room.
In Australia anyway?
Anyone agree?

Agree. Although I'd say there was never a time where a plot was going on.
And membership is growing too, masonry is no longer on the decline as it once was. I hope people remember how unconcerned with domination we are once they notice the new growth.

As for the OP - sounds like you were just in a parking lot when you weren't supposed to be. The things you experienced would happen regardless of location and whoever owns the parking lot.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
So you were approached by a guy with a torch? Was he a mason or someone else?

It may already be understood by all, but just in case; what the OP is calling a "torch" we in the U.S. call a "flashlight"

As for why you couldn't be there, I do not know. Our Lodge has gates that we close when no one is using the building.

One can only assume the lot you were on is private property. Perhaps this particular Lodge has had problems with vandals and doesn't want anyone on the lot after hours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join