It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to help Cuba build space center

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Russia to help Cuba build space center

www.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Moscow is ready to help Cuba develop its own space center, Russia's space agency chief said on Wednesday after talks in Caracas with Venezuelan and Cuban officials, Itar-Tass news agency reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
So next think we have is Cuba have spy satellites over area 51
....quite interesting.I think Russian try to come up with its own base in Cuba and its a result of what we did in Georgia .Now things coming back own over own face

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Shouldn't Cuba focus on.. I dunno.. feeding it's people so they don't starve and die? Before even talking about space...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Russia kind of helps anyone explore space as they have a semi privatized space industry.
Anyone can rent rockets from them for the right price.
Its opening up more doors as NASA is a closed loop.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
Shouldn't Cuba focus on.. I dunno.. feeding it's people so they don't starve and die? Before even talking about space...

I think its better to look where we are wrong that be are burning over a** then fingering on other s

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

Shouldn't America focus on...you know, getting out of its trillions of dollars worth of debt before even thinking about a missile shield.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by russian_news

I think its better to look where we are wrong that be are burning over a** then fingering on other s

I have no idea what you just said

Try using babblefish

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Shouldn't the USA focus on.. I dunno.. free healthcare for it's people so they don't die? Before even talking about space...

Not to mention poverty, immigration/separatism, rampant crime, infrastructure renewal, safeguarding jobs etc etc etc Do these issues have precedence over the USA space program or maybe your criteria is only applicable for other countries ?

Not defending Cuba, I just hate it when posters use condescending, mocking language.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Space programs should be an international endeavor (like the ISS). Countries such as Iran and Cuba who want to go it alone and develop their own programs are reinventing the wheel.

What do poverty, crime, healthcare, etc have to do with the topic? What if the planet were in jeopardy, then tell me where your priorities are. Space exploration for humanity is essential regardless of where you come from.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Absolutely agree, unless Cuba wish to use the "space program" for rocket and ICBM development perhaps.

I'm struggling in this day and age to understand the economic incentives of space exploration unless governments know something that we dont?!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
They're starving down there but they are going to get a space station...

Right.

More like a nuke facility for easy reach.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Go to Cuba first before you think its ok?
The entire island looks like a nuke hit it. Deplorable living conditions, no food, what little there is is rationed, bla bla bla.....Its not justifiable at all. But maybe the Russian will throw the government some canned Russian meat
to distribute and feed the people as a perk.Yummmmm.

BTW, the contents of the meat are a secret.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by blablablaxyz

Shouldn't the USA focus on.. I dunno.. free healthcare for it's people so they don't die? Before even talking about space...

Not to mention poverty, immigration/separatism, rampant crime, infrastructure renewal, safeguarding jobs etc etc etc Do these issues have precedence over the USA space program or maybe your criteria is only applicable for other countries ?

Not defending Cuba, I just hate it when posters use condescending, mocking language.

Err towards the news article, not OP...

And I have to disagree with you, a lot. Space travel has brought us untold numbers of developments. Not to mention that the employment NASA contributes along with the contacts it offers to industry, it pays for itself and gives back to American economy.

I don't live in America either.

Health care is politically motivated, maybe vote in the liberals instead of neocons, don't blame NASA.

Without a space programs tens of thousands of people would be jobless and the corporations that would've gotten billions in contracts will have to go else where, that money and those jobs don't magically just recirculate into the economy.

This isn't the case for Cuba, they're bringing in Russia. Contracting Russia means the money leaves Cuba and never comes back. There are no aerospace engineers in Cuba.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
They're starving down there but they are going to get a space station...

Right.

More like a nuke facility for easy reach.

I have to agree with DG on his point.
ca we tell the difference between a rocket going to the moon and an ICBM when it decides to make a 90 degree turn towards us?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE. There are no aerospace engineers in Cuba.

How do you know? They are there, but they are too weak from hunger to be of any use to anyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE. There are no aerospace engineers in Cuba.

How do you know? They are there, but they are too weak from hunger to be of any use to anyone.

Why would an educated person turn down 6 figures for 4 figures? I know because it's reasonable, more than reasonable, that no one would do that. Until now, they would have no reason to be there.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Russia, Cuba To Implement Joint Space Programs

Google: cuba russia space program

This is the same situation JFK faced under the guise of Space Exploration.

No way will Cuba send man to the Moon or do anything else.
Its as bogus as NASA.

But they might make Tesla ships, that would be cool.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Maybe if USA stop the embargo Cuba could get some food =P

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

I'm struggling in this day and age to understand the economic incentives of space exploration unless governments know something that we dont?!

HUH??

How about the incentive to create a new global economy that is based on a fuel or product that is not oil.. because once the oil runs out, the the US, China and India are truly #ed.

* Helium 3 for example and the other quadrillion billion things outside this planet that could aid in our development.

* How about the possibility that the earth is #ed in the next century and the quicker some way of saving mankind is developed the better.

I'd go with the first one, its already within reach and a new economic base will need to be developed in the next decade.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

NASA is fed money because they presently hold all the known
free energy secrets originating with Von Braun in 1945.

Oil and financial institutions do not want the free energy (includes UFO
technology of electrical momentum) so they hype He3 or some other
reason to give them jobs. Just like JFK did.

JFK was Illuminati and most likely one to the two brothers that
sat on Hitlers lap in the mountain hideaway.

You don't understand like the rest of us but its done.
A few hundred secrets just hold you back as to why and full
understanding of how we got here and why... since we do not
broadcast secrets of the Illuminati.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join