It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - a closer look

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here are the largest shifts tracked by the Timwave until zero date. I've marked each year in a different color.

The main thing you'll notice about this year is that the shifts are numerous and nearly equidistant. Approximately 64 days divide each shift - a number which is important within the I Ching & the Timewave (April 17 is exactly 64 days after Feb. 12).

2009 appears unlike any other year, and it seems rather busy with our attention being jerked from event to event (or from crazy period to another crazy period).

The image below is zoomed out pretty far - I'll post a more detailed image for March soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is so confusing
. Can anyone have a description of this for dummies? I want to learn about this time wave stuff. Can you also explain what I should be understanding from the graph above?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thank you Cait, good to hear from you. I can hardly believe I'll have a new friend & family member soon. She'll definitely have access to any book she wants while growing up (I read her Mr. Men & Little Miss right now), and whatever she wants to know I'll try and find out the answer.

And she seems to like this song quite a bit when I play it (well she kicks and whatnot) - here's the song, Eliza's Aria, set to snowflake images:

As for the merging of theories I attempted earlier on pg. 5, I would like to add that I've also seen similarities (or at least info worth considering) in the realm of Cymatics, where geometric shapes are created via certain tones & vibrations.

After I posted the elaborate E8 pattern on the previous page, I began to look at it as if it were a funnel, or that it had 3D depth in addition to its already complex structure. I search for images of a '3D funnel' and came and eventually found the following image which looked similar to the E8 pattern, though a bit messier:

The similarity of that picture and that of the E8 pattern led me to look into Cymatics and the wave properties of matter. What I found surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly) sounded extremely similar to how I view the Timewave itself.

Here's a Cymatics video of patterns created by tones:

And here are some of the basic patterns created with sound:

After looking into Cymatics briefly, I came across this video describing the 'Wave Structure of Matter.' Within the video he describes in detail that particles near one another create interference patterns that create entirely new and beautiful patterns (kind of like what I think is happening with the Timewave as we approach the flatline in the graph - what lies beyond is an entirely new timeline for our consciousness to follow):

I'm laying this out a little incoherently at the moment (it's late), but I can't help but think that all this is connected to what we perceive as reality & time -- from the macrocosm all the way down to the microcosm, and beyond.

[edit on 9/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
This is so confusing
. Can anyone have a description of this for dummies? I want to learn about this time wave stuff. Can you also explain what I should be understanding from the graph above?

I don't know why I haven't posted these yet, but here is the actual Timewave Zero documentary narrated by Terence McKenna, who developed the software along with Peter Meyer. It's appearance is dated now, and the editinf style is a little loopy, but the information it contains is as good as ever.

And here is a description from the Wiki page:

Timewave zero is a theory that purports to calculate the ebb and flow of novelty in the universe as an inherent quality of time. It is an idea conceived of and discussed at length by Terence McKenna from the early 1970s until his death in the year 2000. Novelty, in this context, can be thought of as newness, density of complexification, and dynamic change as opposed to static habituation. According to McKenna, when "novelty" is graphed over time, a fractal waveform known as timewave zero or simply the timewave results. The graph shows at what times, but never at what locations, novelty is supposedly increasing or decreasing.

It doesn't say what will happen or where, but it lets the user know when crazy situations and mega-events are likely to occur. It measures and predicts the entire human timeline up until December 21, 2012. What happens after that is anyone's guess. The version of the program I use was created in 1993. The graph never changes, and it's been accurate so far. It's last major hit was the beginning of the current economic crisis, which began late last year.

Google 'Timewave Zero' for more info, or just search ATS - there are a number of threads discussing predictions made using the software.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thanks, appreciate it. It's 12 AM at the moment but I'll check on them in the morning.

Thanks

EDIT: in the graph at the top of the page, there's a spike on that graph in 2010 I believe? I wonder what that would be? It's interesting because it seems to actually ascend a tiny bit and go a long horizontal before it goes back down.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by shadowland8]

[edit on 9-3-2009 by shadowland8]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Here's a graph showing Feb - April with today (March 11, 2009) and April 17 highlighted -- April 17 is the next major peak.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0590882468d6.jpg[/atsimg]

***This is also the first image I've hosted on the new ATS media site - the first of many I'm sure. And it appears that all images embedded prior to this post (from my own website) have been converted to tacky 'external image links' - I was under the impression any images that followed ATS embedding guidlines prior the the media shift would not be affected.

reply to post by shadowland8

As for what happens in 2010, your guess is as good as mine. Unfortunately the Timewave doesn't tell what will happen, only when major events are expected, and at what magnitude.

Some people use the lack of specifics as a means to debunk McKenna's work, however given it's success in the past at predicting when major events have happened, specifics are a sidenote...if this program tracks the flow of time (which I believe it does), then that proves that the flow of time follows a predetermined path in relation to our consciousness - even though we choose what events will happen, we have to choose something.

The reality we make is not predetermined, but the bumps along the path prompting our decisions are. That bump in 2010 is a big one.

[edit on 10/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I remember seeing the following comparison somewhere on ATS or elsewhere recently. This image compares the neural structure of a mouse's brain to the perceived structure of the entire universe. The similarities are astounding to say the least.

Originally this appeared in the NY Times in a science article, the caption read:

One is only micrometers wide. The other is billions of light years across. One shows neurons in a mouse brain. The other is a simulated image of the universe. Together they suggest the surprisingly similar patterns found in vastly different natural phenomena.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/016c28958aab.jpg[/atsimg]
*Neuron/Universe Comparison (full-res version from the NY Times)

*Millennium Simulation (the project page for the creation of the universe image above)

*Simulating the joint evolution of quasars, galaxies and their large-scale distribution (the scientific paper on the project)

*Relevant Media (data & subsequent media created from the research)

And here's a video featuring the 3D 'Millenium Simulation' combined with a neural net 'fly-through':

[edit on 12/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Having always been fascinated by the Mayans and 2012, and the appearance of that date in many cultures, I often thought of what could happen (other than world destruction) which would 'end' the most accurate calender ever created. So i thought, what if time simply no longer mattered? Well, what situations could bring that about...and for the time being I concentrated on the least 'paranormal' or supernatural. I had been reading a lot about nanotechnology and the incredible changes across all aspects of life it would bring....respected scientists in the field are of the opinion that people alive today will have a normal lifespan of 500 years, or more...all from advances in the next decade.

There you go then! Technology will actually advance so quickly that through nanotechnology we will be able to manipulate mater at the atomic level for medical purposes...but also for everything else. Suddenly the 'replicator' on star trek, I learned, will be a reality on our lifetimes. No more money, no more working for a living, living for an unimaginable period of time....imagine what time would mean, what the new calenders would look like, when you would marry, have kids, what jail sentences would be.

Then I came across Novelty Theory. It is CALLED novelty theory because it plots a timewave across novelty, until novelty is exhausted making time irrelevant. Novelty is what life is...if every experience and every technological advancement has been exhausted so as to bring novelty to zero, nothing new remains...we have reached TimeWave Zero. I realized that the technological advances which will occur in the near future (and are forcasted to advance at an incredible exponential rate after critical mass is reached) will end novelty (in this universe anyway). Manipulation of atomic level matter to create any desired molecule is the manipulation, and understanding of, the universe.

what say ye?!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TryThinking

Well I for one like this take.Terrence McKenna postulated a time machine which would instantaneously bring all future technologies to the moment of it's first being turned on.That is approx. what you are saying.The topographical profile of the Timewave's mapping of the next few months(big swings up then down then back up,etc...) has had me thinking of the assimilation of NOVELTY by an ever faster populace, changing what was new into a form of HABIT,albeit new habit."That's SO 20th century..." changing to "So last year" to "So moment ago..."Terrence referred to it as infinite NOVELTY,and I can see the same thing as just everything,neither NOVEL nor HABITUAL,rather both.This your drift?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
HEY you guys!!!

Question............ the peak that happens on April 17th.......... are we building right now towards that, in the way of tension, or will that be an apex of betterment?

I know............ I always ask questions............. Also is that our last "high peak" or are there more afterwards?

Love the work, you do with it!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TryThinking

and the post by trueforger

I think I understand what you're proposing - that when our technological progress reaches infinity, our current concept of time will be rendered useless & will be literally 'outdated,' and chaos will be accepted as normal. I agree, though this is one of many ways to take what the timewave represents and how it relates to technology.

...if every experience and every technological advancement has been exhausted so as to bring novelty to zero, nothing new remains...we have reached TimeWave Zero. ~TryThinking

As the timewave advances into the future, it does track novelty (newness), however it's not approaching 'zero' meaning nothing or the end of newness. In the case of the program, zero stands for infinity. As the numbers dip further and further towards what seems to be nothing, our 'Now' is hurtling towards an incomprehensible state of newness, whereby our advancement as a species will reach a point where our options of moving forward as humanity (or whatever we choose to be) become endless. Whether this be through a technological singularity, a mass spiritual awakening, etc, I don't know.

But what's clear to me is that we approach a time where nothing can be predicted (or even imagined) beyond it. The perceived chaos of day to day living will make it too difficult to predict what will happen in one hour, let alone months, days, or weeks.

One important point I would like to make is that this timewave tracks our collective attention, that is, what we notice happening and how we find out about it...and how quickly. Now by using technology (news sites, social networking, media sharing, ATS, twitter, etc) we can know of events within minutes of them occurring. As more people become connected, as technology becomes quicker, and as this web becomes tighter, we'll begin to think and react to news in sync...as one cohesive mind. Perhaps zero marks the point in our history where we become a true collective rather than a divided crowd. Considering this possibility then, each shift in the timewave marks points where we as a planet become more in tune with the passage of time, and become more attentive of events as they occur.

Lastly, although it could track our conscious attention of news events, I think another equally likely scenario is that it tracks our growing inability to adapt and actually deal with the acceleration of technology, with the added pressures of constantly learning new things (like how to actually make use of that technology) - then we have to worry about economy, health, terrorism, climate change...on and on. As a society we seem to be approaching OVERLOAD - the point where we just won't be able to take it anymore.

Some people will take this opportunity to 'flip out' and remove themselves and/or others from the collective (which is happening more and more). Some may refuse to play the games anymore called 'society' and 'culture,' and they may revert (or re-evolve) back to simpler living. And some may look within themselves, see that what's wrong with society has also been what's wrong with them, and opt to change, thus helping create an entirely new society...and entirely new future.

All of the above might be partially right or completely wrong, but it feels right to me. I see it daily, and I feel it approaching...this change...the new beginning.

One final note - I know I've gone on and one here, but I think this is worth pointing out. If we approach a new beginning, I imagine the moment to be like the 'birth' of something. Having taken childbirth classes recently, we talked about contractions, what they were, how long they lasted, and what to do when they became closer together and stronger. I immediately correlated labor contractions with what the timewave tracks - the shifts in the graph are the contractions, and the resonance groups are the stages of labor. If this is the case, October 7, 2008 marked the shift to another stage of labor...closer to this new thing emerging. Imagine all the pain and emotions of birth felt on a global scale. Imagine how life will be afterwards. This is why what lies beyond that point is unknowable - parents-to-be can't truly imagine how birth will change things, and the kids born are unable to remember the experience.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I think we're building towards something, though whatever happens might actually occur before the peak (if the October 7, 2008 peak is anything to go by). One little shift in the wave on September 15 set things into motion that pushed us all off this economic cliff.

All prior events affect all events that follow. Consider the events of February 10-13 (the last major dip). The following link lists all the major events of February - have a look at the 10th and the few days that follow.

en.wikipedia.org...

Feb 10:
*Israel's legislative election takes place.

*The United States Senate approves the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

Feb. 11:
*The Senate and House of Representatives reach a compromise on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

Feb. 12:
*Hamas agrees to an 18-month truce in its conflict with Israel.

Feb 13:
*The United States Congress approves the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

See graph below:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0ee6d50acdd.jpg[/atsimg]

Those are just a few of the enormous decisions made that can (and probably will) directly affect the rest of the world in some way. It's safe to say that April's peak will be a result of either Israel's election, or the approval of the US bailout plan. In other words, we'll reap what was sown in February.

[edit on 12/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've always pictured the timewave as a ruffled & folded sheet of carpet, and that something in the future shoved the past backwards, and gave the progression of time a crumpled & overlapping feel...the graphic below is just a simple representation of that idea, and it's yet another way to view the timewave.

I refer to point we're in now as 'compressed novelty' as we seem to be approaching the source of the turbulence we're in now. As we get closer to that fixed point in our timeline,the waves get shorter & tighter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b41cbcc68d47.jpg[/atsimg]

*about the source image above:

...each bit of film represents a slightly different moment in time. In the picture above, the curtains moved from bottom to top. The race car tilts to the right because the car itself moved quite quickly compared to the curtains. The spectators lean to the right because Lartigue was panning the camera from left to right to follow the race (though he clearly wasn’t panning fast enough to keep the car in the center of the frame throughout the exposure). ~Link

original image

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hi Evasius,
A big thanks for the hard work that you have put in on this post,i hope you keep the thread going and updating the information you find on this topic.
I had never heard of Terrence mckenna until i read your thread,once again thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Feb 10:
*Israel's legislative election takes place.

*The United States Senate approves the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

Feb. 11:
*The Senate and House of Representatives reach a compromise on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

Feb. 12:
*Hamas agrees to an 18-month truce in its conflict with Israel.

Feb 13:
*The United States Congress approves the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

Evasius, thanks for keeping this thread up, I've checked it periodically.

You might have mentioned this or has been discussed priorly, but I think it's important to reiterate the fact that the noted events are only the events recorded in terms of what the public is knowledgeable of. In other words, these are MSM events.

It is nearly impossible to know all of the events that happen on the planet in correlation to what is reported and what isn't. If you believe in a shadow government, it is quite possible to fathom major events going on within that structure that would never reach the knowledge of the common man. It will be fascinating when the truth is known to all, what actually happened on these major dates (October 7th intrigues me most due to the incredibly drastic steep decline).

My post in this thread several months ago mentioned that I believed the planet was graduating into the next density. Some further study and meditation has led me to believe that the planet is actually graduating two densities/dimensions to alleviate the control that has been placed on the planet. I just wanted to add that as small food for thought and if you have any comments I'd like to hear them.

Also, I have spoken with many who feel that time has been accelerating greatly each day that passes. It amazes me to see/feel that with the compounding of the timewave upon itself. Could you tell me your thoughts on that? Do you feel that time is accelerating? I've also heard people say that it's a natural occurence that happens as you get older. I feel this is different and the timewave proves it to be different.

Like I said before, this is one of my favorite threads on ATS and I continue looking forward to your additions to the subject. Peace my friend.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Edit: double post

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Universal Light]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is a new timelapse sequence of the Timewave Zero program (v4.3) graphing January 1- December 31, 2009. One screenshot for every day of the year was used, and all major shifts are noted in the graph.

Hopefully the graph in this one is a little slower (and more clear) so the dates are discernible.

[edit on 15/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Have you, or any of the readers, considered the significance of the news regarding stem cell research last week, and how that might show up on timewave zero? I think it's a significant event which effects all of humanity.
The bill which bans embryo stem cell research was signed on March 13, two days after signing an executive order to OK it.

For news of this event I provide the following link:

www.cnsnews.com...

To answer my own question it appears the timeline peeks March 11, drops down on March 12, then starts back upward on the 13th.

Anyone else see this as significant, or am I out to lunch?

[edit on 16/3/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
sorry, double post, so I removed it

[edit on 16/3/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
wow, i was totally using the year 2008 and as such, have deleted my post and am no longer panicked, sorry!

ty

[edit on 16-3-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

[edit on 16-3-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join