It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - a closer look

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Here is a direct download link to the same DOS software that the OP and myself are using -- so you can mess/play around with it for yourself. . . I took it upon myself to upload the original (not the "Fractal Time" version which is slightly diffrent, and you have to pay for) If you want an easier program to use - by all means purchase the Fractal Time software .. but this is the original, and free version:

TIMEWAVE ZERO SOFTWARE

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
A clear relation exists between TWZ and the precessional ages.
I have generated this graphic of the last 77760 years = 3 great years of 25920 each one.
My initial intention was to check if the TWZ shows the previous “harvest” aka special events at the end of the pisces age.
In fact the relation is not evident but some similarity are of interest.
Especially the behavior of the Libra age is every time the same.

ATS don't permit to diplay the complete image:

so this is the original one:

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Fenice999]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Fenice999]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
This is what bothers everone, I think...we can recover from all the dips and slides, no matter how steep. We always seem to pick up again. When it reaches that zero point at the and of 2012, what kind of event are we looking at? I know that the Timewave only shows magnitude, and is not descriptive, but what type of event fits the bill? Are we wrong to assume that it *must* be a negative, destructive event? Why can't we see it as a postive? Ideas please...what would slide us so far into novelty that we reach zero? What have we *never* experienced before?

I personally can't find anything in Novelty Theory pointing towards either a negative or positive event causing the flatline - it's just a major change, maybe like a point of no return. Good things and bad things happen at both peaks and troughs along the wave, so by looking at the wave the type of event is really indiscernible to me.

My original idea (that the flatline in 2012 is caused by the merging of our timewave with another - as in alien contact) is still what I'm leaning towards. Could that future event have caused the resonances throughout our history by sending ripples through our timeline? Combined waves cause interference, and sometimes actually cancel each other out:

If the nature of the timewave resembles physical waves we're accustomed to, then it is possible another wave is already intersecting ours (and perhaps has been doing so for all of human history).

Consequently the flatline we see coming may not be an end, but a new beginning - 'the end of the world as we know it' - simply by the merging of human culture with another.

Our entire history and what happens in late 2012 must be tied together intimately - I think one affects the other and vice versa, like a synchronous feedback loop. 2012 was chosen because it is a momentous time for our planet, and likewise, it's a momentous time for us now because 2012 was chosen - we're just subconsciously 'gearing' up for that moment in time.

Technology, economies, societies, the world population, our climate, and even the Sun itself are reflecting the very different future we're approaching. We seem to be coming up on a breakpoint, an event where the world just snaps. I don't think it will fall apart, it will just all come together in a way we never really imagined.

Looking at the timewave, I must admit, is not a very good way to accurately predict what exactly will happen in the future, just the points that are particularly 'epic' or 'chaotic' for humanity. The Web-bot seems to be much more accurate when dealing with specifics, like what might actually happen. Trying to predict what will happen using the timewave is like looking at someone's skeleton and trying to accurately plot the person's timeline - from birth to death...it would be impossible.

Anyway, if we do collectively choose the events along the timewave (which I think is true), then we really need to keep a positive attitude over the next four years - and beyond. If we're forced into making a collective decision at zero point, I would much rather have to choose between two positives or even a positive and negative, rather than being forced to decide between two bad options.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light

--
I have researched and meditated much as to determine what will happen in 2012. There is only one conclusion that continues to stand out at me:

The planet will graduate to become four dimensional.

Thank you indeed for adding your thoughts to this thread. I just have a few questions regarding your post - first, since the 4th dimension is already an aspect of our experienced reality, how could we graduate to become 4D? Does that mean we'll then have the added ability to move around in time (instead of only forwards)?

This very idea was put forth by McKenna during an interview with Art Bell - McKenna talks about what might happen at zero point, correlates technological singularity with Timewave Zero, and brings up the idea that if time travel becomes possible, it might actually cause the upcoming flatline:

Terence McKenna C2C - Pt.4

This is how I interpreted your post, unless you meant we will somehow become time, or ethereal creatures not bound by the physicality of this universe.

I feel that whatever happens, it will either affect time itself, or our perception of it - so you could very well be right.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Thank you, MystikMushroom, for contributing. I've definitely read through your thread on this subject. I was astonished to see the outcome of using Timewave Zero combined with both a bit of insight and intellect. So many predictions here on ATS are flushed and forgotten once they're proven false, but yours was spot-on my friend - and it thrives still. Just goes to show there's something to 'Novelty Theory.'

Also, thank you for posting a link to your version of the program - oddly enough, that's the same version I use (though I downloaded mine from a different source). To get my screenshots, I use a D300 handheld, F3.5 at 1/60th sec. I straighten the image in Photoshop, convert it to true black and white, shrink it, sharpen it, and then add my notes. I also have to make sure the room is dark to minimize screen reflection.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any other predictions you might have for next year - there are a few ideal novelty points, either December 10 or the 2nd week of February (around Feb 12).

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fenice999

Fenice999, thanks for that graph above - you could be on to something there. You're on a different wavelength than me - I had no idea there would be any correlation between atrological ages and the peaks and troughs in the graph, but it makes sense given that the program is based on another ancient divination technique - the I-Ching.

I'm going to look into that further with my version of the software (made available above to everyone else thanks to MystiKMushroom).

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thanks for posting the McKenna interview. He has a certain presence when he speaks that is quite amazing. I appreciate his insights.

Originally posted by Evasius
since the 4th dimension is already an aspect of our experienced reality, how could we graduate to become 4D? Does that mean we'll then have the added ability to move around in time (instead of only forwards)?

Interesting questions. I believe we have differing opinions of what the fourth dimension is. I have heard many people say it's time. To me, time is not a dimension itself, it is instead folded into all of the dimensions.

I use the words dimension and density interchangeably. So I will redefine my statement to say that the planet will graduate into the fourth density. The planet imo is undergoing a vibrational increase of monumental proportions that will climax in 2012. When this shift is complete, the planet will be of fourth density.

To explain a little more of what that will be like, first know that our current third density is surrounded by the fourth and it does have its impact on it. Every density is surrounded by the next higher one. In the fourth density, due to its higher vibrations, the human body cannot exist there. The physical vehicle must be significantly lighter. Due to a very thin vehicle, everything is transparent in the fourth, everything down to your thoughts.

At the time of 2012 when the shift occurs, people will disperse into one of a few places. First, the majority of the people on the planet who have not learned the lessons of the third density (self-awareness), will redo their third density experience on another planet. Those that have learned the necessary lessons to graduate will move with the Earth and lead the planet through its new four dimensional beginnings. The last group is the group that have chosen to incarnate here for the specific time. They will be returning to their natural home.

This is how I interpreted your post, unless you meant we will somehow become time, or ethereal creatures not bound by the physicality of this universe.

You raise an interesting point here as well. There is part of this scenario that I do not fully grasp. Feel free to make you own interpretations.

We live in the space/time continuum.....three dimensions of time and one dimension of space. There exists an opposite time/space continuum of three dimensions of time and one dimension of space. When you die in an incarnation, you travel back to time/space. There you are able to view an entire existence because of the ability to travel in any direction of time. The reason the two exist is because with one dimension of space, there is nowhere to experience, there's no movement. So when an entity decides it is ready to make the next progression in its life, it must incarnate into space/time to proceed with its learning.

With that said, when this shift comes, I'm not sure if both continuums will fuse or if they will remain separate. My understanding is that the highest self resides in the sixth density/dimension. If so, it's possible that both continuums exist up until that point. It's also feasible that with the transparency the fourth density brings, so ends both time/space and space/time. That is up for you to decide.

Overall, I think McKenna is right on with his thoughts. I hope this helped explain what I meant without derailing the thread. Thanks again for your insight on one of my favorite topics.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I like the graphic you posted, which demonstrates how time is a fractal. I am a Buddhist (time is an illusion), and I also build technical analysis-based trading systems. These are predictive systems based on patterns in market data.

The Fibonnacci sequence naturally appears throughout the market as support and resistance (open, close, high or low price, or volume) barriers. This sequence is based in the Golden Ratio, as is the I Ching.

What makes Timewave Zero "predictive" is its relation to the Golden Ratio, IMO. This is also what makes the I Ching such an accurate prediction system. However, the predictive system works only within a bounded paradigm; i.e., the I Ching only predicts if you follow a given set of actions first. It does not predict ALL the outcomes of all possible actions -- only a preselected few, as reflected in the changing lines of the I Ching.

In the same way, what makes Fibonnacci sequences so predictive is their relation to the Golden Ratio. Simply put, if one takes naturally occuring phenomena, maps it, graphs it according to its data, and then builds an algorithm to represent it, and that algorithm contains within it aspects of the Golden Ratio and its offspring (the Fibonnacci sequence), that alorithm will become predictive in nature.

So the trick is to find patterns based in the Golden Ratio and any of its offspring, and build something that detects these patterns in any given natural phenomena. Then you can predict the odds of an outcome for that natural phenomena and act according to the odds of an outcome.

Interested in conversing about this and sharing market ideas, and building tools? *Snip*

Mod Edit: To remove email address as there can be no way to determine that it is in actuality attached to the anonymous poster.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

reply to post by MystikMushroom

To get my screenshots, I use a D300 handheld, F3.5 at 1/60th sec. I straighten the image in Photoshop, convert it to true black and white, shrink it, sharpen it, and then add my notes. I also have to make sure the room is dark to minimize screen reflection.

why don't use simply ALT+PrintScreen?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

It's an old program that runs via DOS - there is no print screen option with that particular operating system.

There is a program however that supposedly enables DOS screen capture. It's called Screen Thief, but I couldn't get it to work with my version of the Timewave software.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I may have missed it but where in the I CHING does the Fib. sequence occur?The very koan which started Terrence on his quest,what is the order of the King Wen? had as first clue that there were no fives.Sixes and sixty fours are not Fib's.I am a Fibbonacci freak,finding it everywhere and expressing it in my Art,and so would naturally be looking in the I CHING for the sequence.I must be on a shallow level here.Could you please expound upon these notions?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think that the interesting aspect is that the processional ages are something related to Physical 3D universe.
While many interpretations exist about his spiritual sense, the 2012 event is supposed to be in any case a physical one. The Mayas where excellent astronomers like the Egyptians.

From the Ra material:

1.3 Questioner: I’ve heard of the name “Ra” in connection with the Egyptians. Are you connected with that Ra in any way?
Ra: I am Ra. Yes, the connection is congruency. May we elucidate? What do you not understand?
1.4 Questioner: Could you give me a little more detail about your role with the Egyptians?
Ra: I am Ra. The identity of the vibration Ra is our identity. We as a group, or what you would call a social memory complex, made contact with a race of your planetary kind which you call Egyptians. Others from our density made contact at the same time in South America, and the so-called “lost cities” were their attempts to contribute to the Law of One.

The Ra material is relevant because is the first that historically spokes from an event on 2012. exactely he said 30 years from 1981. this will be a major Harvest after 3 cycles or great years.

From the Ra material:

Questioner: What is the length, in our years, of one of these cycles?
Ra: I am Ra. One major cycle is approximately 25,000 of your years. There are three cycles of this nature during which those who have progressed may be harvested at the end of three major cycles. That is, approximately between 75 and 76,000 of your years. All are harvested regardless of their progress, for during that time the planet itself has moved through the useful part of that dimension and begins to cease being useful for the lower levels of vibration within that density.

Now this “major cycle” is 25920 years and 3 of them are more that 76,000: they are 77760 years.

This number is very interesting:

first the 7.
7 represents the weekly cycle that leads to 28 days 13 times per spin around the sun.
7 is the peak vibration of thirteen and can be said to be the most divine number of being.
7 as a Path is the Zayin that links Binah and Tiphereth.
Seven as Zayin cross the Abyss.
3 time seven is 777.
Many know that 777 is associated to a demon called babalon that is supposed to sit on the Binah side. Also related to the Abyss is another triple number: 333

This is the number of Choronzon the demon of the Abyss self.
en.wikipedia.org...

Not a positive number its means "darkness" .
See billheidrick.com...

333 indicates the darkness of the Abyss where this “demon” lives inn.

333 also means “God's thought”: In the above context is the “Idea of God that growths in darkness”, like a child within the mother. It is linked again to Binah, the 3 Sephirath: that is call the Sterile Mother because she “refuses to release the child”.
In fact if you follow the path connecting the sephiroth you will notice that none connect Binah (3) with Chesed (4). So the descending way in which Binah “express” himself in Chesed is a “great mystery” of QBL. From a “human point of view” (Malkuth) is a very bad omen.

a gematric formula give also the solution for 333
DSDR SE = 333

this is a Notarikon for "desire of (high) Self".

Lets return to the seven:
certain arrangements of 7's can form a square, and how it represented time repeating itself. This is the right direction.
But this all don't explain why 3 great years or 77760 years are especially relevant.

Then I found out Hesiod:
In the Greek poet Hesiod (ca. 8th Century B.C.), the phoenix (the bennu of Heliopolis) is the symbol of a cyclical event, closely related to the sun, cycles of days, years, centuries, and Great Years
fixed lifespan,periodic renewal.  

The oldest surviving text to mention the Phoenix is a fragmentary reference, preserved in a citation by Plutarch, of hesiod's “The Precepts of Chiron” and is considered to be nothing more than a rough calculation of longevity.

continues

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A chattering crow lives out nine generations of aged men, but a stag's life is four times a crow's, and a raven's life makes three stags old, while the phoenix outlives nine ravens, but we, the rich-haired Nymphs, daughters of Zeus the aegis-holder, outlive ten phoenixes." (Hesiod, quoted by Plutarch, Obsolescence of Oracles 415c).
Tthis affirmation was made in basis of a picture he Hesiod had seen in Egypt.
The main stream calculation come to a lifespan for the Phoenix of 972 years (9x 4 3 x 9).
But Hesiod speaks about generations, so given as 972 of 33 1/3 years (one generation) we come to 32,400 years.
Here most restart the calculation because such longevity sound not so familiar for ordinal animal like a crow. But this become radically different if we take the above sentence of Hesiod in an astronomic and time-keeping context. Hesiod was very informed about curious facts. A shame that we know only fragments:

And the author of "The Astronomy", which is attributed forsooth to Hesiod, always calls them (the Pleiades) Peleiades: `but mortals call them Peleiades'; and again, `the stormy Peleiades go down'; and again, `then the Peleiades hide away....'
Athenaeus xi, p. 491 d

The Pleiades.... whose stars are these: -- `Lovely Teygata, and dark-faced Electra, and Alcyone, and bright Asterope, and Celaeno, and Maia, and Merope, whom glorious Atlas begot....'
((LACUNA))
`In the mountains of Cyllene she (Maia) bare Hermes, the herald of the gods.'
Scholiast on Pindar, Nem. ii. 16

Now, if a crow outlives 9 generations of aged men, and if we were to call an aged man he who is 80 years old, then the crow would live 720 years (80 x 9). The stag's life being 4 times a crow's would then amount to 2880 years (720 x 4). The raven lives as long as 3 stags, which amounts to 8640 years (2880 x 3); and the Phoenix lives as long as 9 ravens, which is 77760 (8640 x 9). The NYMPHS then would live 777600 years before they also die.

Creature Relation to previous Years
Aged man --- 80 years
Crow 9 x 80 720 years
Stag 4 x 720 2880 years
Raven 3 x 2880 8640 years
Phoenix 9 x 8640 77760 years
Nymphs 10 x 77760 777600 years

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It's an old program that runs via DOS - there is no print screen option with that particular operating system.

I run the same program and version that you have.
only I use the program "DOS box" that allow to run it in a normal window on XP.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thanks for your insight. I was unaware of a possible correlation between the I-Ching and the Fibonnacci sequence, though that does seem likely given the beauty, precision, and predictive nature of both.

I have however found a Fibonnacci relation between two very importants points along the timewave - the number of days between September 11, 2001 and October 7, 2008 equals 2584. (Oct. 7 was of course when the graph took its extreme dip into novelty)...

www.timeanddate.com...

...2584 is also the 18th Fibonacci number.

en.wikipedia.org...

I can only assume this relationship between those two dates are one of many correlations overlayed in varying timespans - much like the many resonances present along the expanse of the timewave (and likewise similar to the patterns we see in nature - from the minscule to the immense).

Here's another link regarding the Fibonacci numbers that I found interesting.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
how much time we have
www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

There was one theory that Terence McKenna did give in a phone interview with Art Bell some years ago.

The theory was that it is possible that we invent time travel or that it otherwise becomes possible on that date, and that the reason we haven't seen time traveling capabilities or time travelers today (assuming time travel is possible in the future, why have they not come to our time?) is because you can only travel as far backwards into time as the moment of the invention of the first time machine. Like trying to take a rollercoaster where there is no track. Also, he mentioned that we could probably spot when the time machine is invented, because time travelers from the future will arrive by the tens of thousands in their time machines to witness the first flight into time.

If this moment occurs, time will cease to be linear. It will then become non-linear...or as a previous poster said, "infinite".

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
‘Within thirty years, we will have the technological means to create superhuman intelligence. Shortly after, the human era will be ended.’ Vernor Vinge, 1993

The knife's edge of 'The Now' slices our existence quite cleanly in most cases. Yet 'Then' and 'When' are more than words describing our memories and plans. The past and future can be fleeting moments or great epochs, and the transition from one to the other varies from the tick of a clock to the rotation of galaxies. The coming flatline in McKenna’s graph is one of these major transitions – one linked very closely with our physical and mental existence here on Earth.

As we collectively approach timewave zero, the singularity, the transcendental object at the end of time, the great renewal…2012 - however you wish to refer to it – any foresight we hoped to have regarding what might happen, as well as what might lie in wait just beyond zero point, will remain out of our reach until the moment arrives. Perhaps we won’t even fully comprehend the immensity of the transition until well past the shift. With that said, we should try to ascertain the nature of the transition so that the shift is as painless as possible.

I originally proposed that the flatline in the graph represented an interference in the merging of two or more timewaves, perhaps resulting from either contact with an alien race or even from the rise of a self-aware artificial intelligence – a new dominant consciousness with its own perception of time and the universe. This still seems possible, however I would like to explore another scenario involving technological singularity that could result in our timewave reaching a ‘zero point.’ This idea involves another merge – the merging of ourselves with our technology, and the subsequent transition from one evolutionary epoch to another.

There seem to be three factors involved that give rise to the timewave; time, consciousness, and technology. All three are intimately linked with one another.

Without the presence of a conscious observer, time would have no meaning, likewise technology would never develop. The timewave would consequently be a single thread mapping only natural events.

Without time, sentience would have no purpose. A static universe would have no use for beings capable of housing knowledge if there were no chance of learning and accumulating that knowledge. There would be no need for progression and survival if existence was non-eventual. If knowledge was not obtained and stored, technology would thus be impossible and unnecessary. Much can be learned from entropy, which is why the universe requires a perceivable flow from event to event.

Lastly, without technology, consciousness would be merely a dormant feature in sentient beings, serving no real purpose. It is in fact the very nature of sentience to develop, to grow, to survive – as a result technology is necessary for the evolution and propagation of all intelligent species.

Technology also seems important to all levels in the hierarchy of conscious reality; individuals use tools to gain knowledge, collectives use individuals as tools (like the synapses of a brain) to accumulate knowledge, the universe itself might use collectives as tools to gain yet more information, and possibly the universe might serve as a learning tool on behalf of the multiverse. Viewing reality in this fashion, we are all tiny data packets that are processed locally and then returned to the universal server supposedly with a computational result – in other words, like distributed computing or even grid computing. We ourselves are the technology of the universe.

These three factors (time, consciousness, and technology) must be present for all conscious collectives, therefore it can be said that all collectives must possess a timewave. Our particular timewave so far has tracked our progress as the man-animal – a frail biological lifeform that lives and dies and rushes forward through time and space continually renewing itself generation after generation. We man-animals store knowledge and pass it forward to future generations with the hope that they will know more, and possibly be better off. We have created tools and technology in order to extend our mind’s reach further into the physical world, helping us create, manipulate, survive and thrive comfortably.

We are now fast approaching a time when we will be capable of transcending our mortal frailties by becoming less biological and more technological. We approach an era when time itself will take on new meaning, for as ageless man-machines we’ll have a very different concept of time. The benefits are immense, as are the horrors involved, and this is a very likely transition I see in our near future that will be capable of canceling one timewave while perhaps beginning another.

I’m sure you’ve researched the Singularity by this point as I’ve referenced it in a few posts in this thread and elsewhere on ATS, however here are a few official descriptions of what exactly it is and what might happen:

The Singularity is the technological creation of smarter-than-human intelligence. There are several technologies that are often mentioned as heading in this direction. The most commonly mentioned is probably Artificial Intelligence, but there are others: direct brain-computer interfaces, biological augmentation of the brain, genetic engineering, ultra-high-resolution scans of the brain followed by computer emulation. Some of these technologies seem likely to arrive much earlier than the others, but there are nonetheless several independent technologies all heading in the direction of the Singularity – several different technologies which, if they reached a threshold level of sophistication, would enable the creation of smarter-than-human intelligence.

The Singularity is beyond huge, but it can begin with something small. If one smarter-than-human intelligence exists, that mind will find it easier to create still smarter minds. In this respect the dynamic of the Singularity resembles other cases where small causes can have large effects; toppling the first domino in a chain, starting an avalanche with a pebble, perturbing an upright object balanced on its tip. (Human technological civilization occupies a metastable state in which the Singularity is an attractor; once the system starts to flip over to the new state, the flip accelerates.) All it takes is one technology – Artificial Intelligence, brain-computer interfaces, or perhaps something unforeseen – that advances to the point of creating smarter-than-human minds. That one technological advance is the equivalent of the first self-replicating chemical that gave rise to life on Earth.

~from What is the Singularity?

Intelligence will be more powerful than these impersonal forces (physics and cosmology). Once a planet yields a technology creating species and that species creates computation (as has happened here on Earth), it is only a matter of a few centuries before its intelligence saturates the matter and energy in its vicinity, and it begins to expand outward at the speed of light or greater. It will then overcome gravity (through exquisite and vast technology) and other cosmological forces (or, to be fully accurate, will maneuver and control these forces) and create the Universe it wants. This is the goal of the Singularity.

~from The Law of Accelerating Returns

Accompanying information is included within the next post...

[edit on 20/11/08 by Evasius]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Below is a graph illustrating the approaching transition we face. We can see how the time between major evolutionary and technological advancements is diminishing as we approach a point in time where growth and change will become infinite.

This graph represents Moore’s Law – the driving force behind the accelerating change in computational processing. It states that the number of transistors placed in integrated circuits has been increasing exponentially and as a result doubles every 18-24 months. Once the downsizing of silicon chips reaches it’s limits (at atomic levels), then a new paradigm will inevitably emerge:

Description of the graph below:

Over the last few years, GPUs (green) and CPUs (blue) have increased exponentially in speed, but the doubling time for GPUs has been about 8 months, while it has taken 16 months for CPUs.

The evolution of supercomputing power has increased in pace steadily over the years, and according to current trends, it is scheduled to reach the ‘required level for human brain functional simulation’ by 2013. Perhaps this very graph signals the event that will lead to the approaching flatline at the end of 2012:

This last graph illustrates the stages of evolution from simple biology to advanced technology, and eventually where biology merges with technology – we appear to be on the threshold leaving Epoch 4 and entering Epoch 5. Given he length of each epoch decreases dramatically, Epoch 5 should be fairly brief considering the resulting intelligence will be able to enhance itself as it sees fit. The rate of development will then exceed its previous exponential pace.

Epoch 6 will more than likely occur this century and will be the culmination of the 3.9-4.1 billion-year history of life on this planet. Just as the mind forever endeavors to truly become self aware, so does the universe. And I suppose in describing what is actuallly happening, one could say that they are not only succeeding, but they may also very soon become intimately aware of each other.

[edit on 19/11/08 by Evasius]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A few recent articles highlighting how we are becoming ‘posthuman.’

Made to Order60 Minutes Australia, Nov. 13, 2008
New Prosthetic HandScience Daily, April 25, 2008
Broken Nerves Fixed in a FlashNew Scientist Health, Nov. 17, 2008
DNA Strands Become Fibre Optic CablesNew Scientist, Nov. 12, 2008
Harnessing the Power of the Brain60 Minutes US, Nov. 2, 2008
World’s smallest storage device lies in nucleus of atomNetworkWorld, Oct. 24, 2008
Reaching for the exa-scale, with volunteer computingISGTW (Oct. 15, 2008) ***discusses breaking all performance barriers via distributed computing.

More information on The Singularity:

Technological Singularity - Wiki
Ray Kurweil’s technology news website
The Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
Singularity Overview with numerous links
Encouraging a Positive Transcension (AI Buddha versus AI Big Brother)
Why The Future Doesn’t Need Us
Bootstrapping Our Way to an Ageless Future by Aubrey de Grey
Speculative newspaper front page the morning after ‘The Singularity

People worth researching (Wiki links):

Ray Kurzweil
Vernor Vinge
Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
Hans Moravec
Ben Goertzel
Nick Bostrom
Bill Joy
Aubrey de Grey

Books worth reading on the subject

Future Shock by Alvin Toffler, 1970 (surprisingly this book is still very relevant given our current tech progress and the increasing psychological stress it brings with it)

Criti cal Path by Buckminster Fuller, 1981 (lays the groundwork for understanding why human history, economics, politics, and technology are speeding up and heading towards

The Singularity Is Near by Ray Kurzweil, 2005 – an update to his previous book:

The Age of Spiritual Machines by Ray Kurzweil, 1999

The Spike: How Our Lives Are Being Transformed By Rapidly Advancing Technologies by Damien Broderick, 2002

Visions: How Science Will Revolutionize the 21st Century by Michio Kaku, 1998

Radical Evolution by Joel Garreau, 2006

More Than Human: Embracing the Promise of Biological Enhancement by Ramex Naam, 2005

Natura l Born Cyborgs: Minds, Technologies, and the Future of Human Intelligence by Andy Clark, 2004

The Prosthetic Impulse: From a Posthuman Present to a Biocultural Future by Joan Morra, 2005

The Robot’s Rebellion: Finding Meaning in the Age of Darwin by Keith E. Stanovich, 2005

The New Scientific Theory of Evolution: Intelligent Life is the Architect of the Universe by James Gardner, 2003

Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough to Live Forever by Ray Kurzweil & Terry Grossman, 2005

[edit on 20/11/08 by Evasius]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join