It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - a closer look

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In this thread I hope to explore Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory a bit further than what is normally discussed; below are my theoretical views on how McKenna's idea joins our collective consciousness intimately with the flow of natural time.

The idea of Novelty Theory is easy to initially dismiss as preposterous, given that it's common sense that there is no possible way that the flow of time was mapped out eons ago. However McKenna's findings point to just that - human events follow a predictable pattern (discovered and utilized and ancient China via the I-Ching).

Please have a look at the following to familiarize yourself with McKenna's work:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

The Timewave is a code embedded within time itself. It connects natural time with conscious time and gives a level of meaning to all events. The code is counting down to something in the near future, however it’s not clear whether it's a transition point in an infinite cycle or an endpoint leading to the 'flatline' of our known existence.

The Timewave cannot exist without both natural time & conscious time (the conscious perception of its natural flow). These two threads of time are joined together via a gridwork, like steps on a ladder. The best representation of this is the double helix of DNA. The gridwork, or steps up the ladder, are specific points along the timewave. Each point has a different value or level of novelty, and for some reason the timewave seems to be mapped out at the very point of its creation/manifestation.

The timewave is literally a skeleton over which conscious reality can form, like a wire frame model. The grid values are not naturally changeable, though which events occur at certain points along the wave are. The specifics of what happens at each point are determined by the collective consciousness of the observers, much like that which is represented in quantum theory.

Not only do these gridpoints intersect events in our reality, they also intersect all local parallel realities, joining all conscious existence into one undulating wave (like a blanket covering the bed of spacetime).

Although the timewave isn’t physically a spiral, events along the timeline match up when the thread is laid out in a spiral fashion. With the outside of the spiral representing the past, time progressing twists inwards until it eventually reaches the centre and stops. Draw a line from the centre out to any point on the edge and events along that line will have intimate connections even though thousands of years may separate them. As you get closer to the centre, events appear closer together, indeed they may seem to overlap. Just before the end of the spiral, the last few moments will hold the significance of all previous moments.

The timewave flows around the major point of gravity and energy existing across all local parallel three dimensional realities -- our Sun.

Not every star has a timewave, only stars bearing conscious beings. The timewave is like a thumbprint, an identity unique to an entire civilization. Each sun has an intimate connection with it’s conscious offspring, and our Sun is no different.

Another way to view the timewave is as ripples across the surface of a pond after a pebble is tossed in. Considering the possibility that there could be more than one timewave in the universe (it is likely there are other intelligent lifeforms out there, existing along their own rhythmic timewave), then imagine two pebbles dropped into a pond near each other. When the ripples intersect, they cause wave interference, and they will ultimately either flatline or synchronize in the interplay of peaks and troughs. There is a level of interference already taking place locally and has been for some time. The interference is palpable and intimately ties into synchronicity, déjà vu, and the apparent repetition in history.

All too often, consciousness is overlooked as a factor bearing any significance on natural time, though the two can’t help but affect one another. Any event affecting the course of time sends reverberations backwards and forwards along the timeline – certain perceptive individuals detect these ripples as reality shifts. In fact, the Earth itself as well as the Sun (which both have their own levels of consciousness), could react physically to any upcoming major events. These reactions could take the form of earthquakes, abnormal weather, changes in physical reality that defy all logic, and even a perceived change in the pacing of events in natural time.

I've come to the conclusion that the flatline present in our code in approximately late December 2012 is a joining of two or more separate timewaves. The cancellation caused by interference will be temporary, and I believe will result in one new colossal timewave -- a new rhythm of existence encompassing all conscious entities within.

An overlapping of timewaves can only mean one thing – contact. The event does not necessarily take place in 2012, however the joining waves happen to reach a highly critical point by that time. Also, the entity we’re making contact with does not necessarily have to be alien. The birth of conscious artificial intelligence in a “Technological Singularity” scenario could in fact create its own unique timewave resulting from its own perception of time.

In order for this to take place, parallel realities (or at least portions of them) are coalescing into what will be eventually one perceived reality. So, at zero point, there will be no local parallel realities – all will be one. New parallels will branch out beyond zero point, assuming there is existence beyond zero.

[edit on 17/9/08 by Evasius]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That considered, preferably we need to figure out whether these waves will cross ‘in phase’ or ‘antiphase’ when the timewave reaches fruition. Although both lead to a perceived endpoint, an ‘in phase’ crossing could lead to an infinitely chaotic scenario, an antiphase crossing could be utterly catastrophic. ‘In phase’ leads to an off-the-chart event and could presumably correct itself over time. ‘Antiphase’ zeroes out and conscious time will suddenly be out of synch with natural time. (If you’ve ever seen a satellite feed stall where the video freezes and jitters, and the audio blares the same tone until it corrects itself, reaching a zero-point could be very similar, however reality could be indefinitely frozen).

Measuring the peaks and troughs illustrated in McKenna’s Timewave Zero, we could possibly predict a positive or negative outcome, however I believe the graph we see is a combined wave (of ours and theirs). To get any helpful results, the two or more overlapping waves must be identified, separated, and scrutinized. Anyway, there is still the question of whether we can actually do anything at all to avoid an undesirable outcome.

If the above assessment is even partially correct, then it is highly possible that a more advanced civilization (or possibly individuals) may have taken an interest in our predicament, and could even be assisting our approach.

These entities, in my opinion, simply have to exist, because the fate of more than one civilization may hang in the balance, not to mention the infinite other versions of our realities that are currently and increasingly overlapping. Also considering our collective consciousness is tied into this whole thing so tightly, I think we ultimately have control over the outcome, but the amount of concentration and positive thinking required will be unbelievably huge.

Here are a few other interesting threads on the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’m interested in hearing your take on McKenna’s theory as well – there are a vast number of ways this could go down, and I’m sure we’d all like a little heads-up before it happens.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I admittedly do not know too much about timewave zero, but found it interesting that it correlates to 2012 and I-Ching. I guess if I were into numerology I might understand it more, but as a layman I can only look at the wiki and threads and make my own judgment call on its validity. I tend to lend more credence to other sciences when it comes to theoretical physics, but perhaps the most compelling theory in my view is that of the string theory. I have read quite a few papers on how universes (or multiverses) are created with a vacuum (or zero point), evolve thru time, and then return to zero-point at the end of the cycle. This theory coincidently seems to follow a general pattern which is very similar to that of Timewave zero and (from what I have read) the technology singularity. I will have to admit that Kurzweil, et al. have some most bizarre theories of how a technology singularity might manifest itself, but could humanity transcend biology?? I guess it is plausible, but I do not totally understand how that could be accomplished without supernatural intervention. Some do believe artificial intelligence will reach this pinnacle, but from the research I have done.. humanity is still far from making this happen.

Im gonna flag this thread and hope there are more people who can contribute relevant info about it. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Already discussed ad nauseam here:

plucky must now sleep, to see the world much worse in hours....

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So, if I am reading right, when these waves cross, something profound happens and changes life as we know it? Like say, perhaps the last crossing, was when the industrial age came into being, that changed everything and set us on a course for the next crossing. Does these crossings, like the Mayan calender, start out long apart, then get closer and closer until say 2012? Sorry, its 3a.m. here, hoping my ranting isn't confusing, anyways, headed to bed.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Thanks plucky, but that's actually the first ATS thread I listed in part 2 of my original post.

BTW from the youtube link down is all new info. This thread focuses on how 'McKenna's idea joins our collective consciousness intimately with the flow of natural time,' not this month's financial debacle.

I'm aware my post is long, but at least attempt to read it before posting. Pretty please?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Thanks for your input, and the flag.

While researching this theory, I found many similarities between this and String Theory given how timelines, or parallel realities, can be viewed as strings stretching from one point to another. We as individuals exist on one string, which is part of a rope made of many strings, which then comprises a bridge made of many ropes, which then can connect point A with point B allowing traversal. If matter can ultimately be strings, then why not time itself?

Our experienced realities are probably the approximation of infinite possibilities. There is only one conscious 'you' and you experience what is real in the thread of existence that is the average of all possibilities.

Using an off-the-wall example, have you ever played Super Mario Kart where you can race against previous versions of yourself in other races? While you play you see a ghostly image of your player, following the vector traveled in a previous game. Well then imagine this multiplied to infinity with all possibilities forward & backward, up & down. Viewing it this way, there becomes a visible average that then becomes the accepted reality.

I feel our current consciousness attaches itself to the best-fit reality & then reaches for the best-fit possibility (mind you these other realities do exist, however they're only truly experienced if they are accepted as the average of all).

To view this in real-time it would look like a mass webbing of past possibilities pinched together behind one specific point in the 'now.' In front of that point is a clump of threads stretching out from the 'now' which are all possibilities (this would look like the shape of an hourglass or dumbell). Using this scenario, the 'now' of consciousness is a ring (like a napkin ring) sliding down a mass of threads pulling them together in order to traverse it. The clump of threads within the ring becomes the average, thus what is experienced.

Slide the above into the three dimensional gridwork view of the timewave, and you'll have a more complete picture of our place within time.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
hello..interesting...but surely...if there are an infinite amount of possibilities then there is no average..or rather..the average would be a smaller infinity..not one point..or one event..

the way i see things is that there are indeed infinite 'Is'..but im just one of them..not the average.

i hope i make sense and that i havnt misunderstood your comments...

thanks for your interesting ideas

by the way...i think i know why the universe exists...its simply because its interesting...

i had an amazing moment of inspiration a few years ago...so much so i stopped the car i was driving in the middle of the road and totally forgot what i was doing for a few minutes until i had worked it all out...and it all made perfect sense...

since then however i have forgotten why this idea ever made sense...and i hate myself for that...i hope one day that ill remember...and know again how i came to this conclusion...i can however assure you that the feeling i got..and the path my thoughts took before and after having this moment of inspiration confirmed that this is indeed the reason everything exists..it all made perfect sense.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by alienesque]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So, I been checking out this timewave zero and even found a website with the software. I typed timewave zero in the search bar and a few people are saying something is going to happen November 2008 and the next big thing to happen is October 2010. Any thoughts or input on this OP? I checked in the the resonating timeline for these dates, and didnt find any novelty events that stood out. Even the graph doesn't show a major dip or anything.

The software can be found here www.timewave2012.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

I've been using the 1993 DOS program developed by McKenna. The trouble is, I can't take screenshots of the program while I'm using it. When I find a way I'll post the detailed graphs here.

Anyway, we're currently riding a major novelty point. It reaches a pinnacle and then dips dramatically on October 7, 2008. The thing is, as you've pointed out, there are other versions of this software, however I've noticed discrepancies in what is represented from one program to the other.

Here is basically what I'm looking at:

upload.wikimedia.org...

(The point we're at now is the last tall peak just below the number 11).

We're within a 2-week period right now that is equalling in magnitude Sept. 11, 2001 and the beginning of the Iraq war. That said, I've also noticed the program doesn't necessarily map out bad events. If something really great were to happen that would affect the collective consciousness, then that too would be present in the graph.

Who know's, something great could happen in October and divert our attention from the current horrible state of affairs.

[edit on 19/9/08 by Evasius]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Hi yeah, good analogy and I am with ya on time conforming to that same model. It sort of indicates that time and history have already been written and things are simply playing out. Do you see it like this? If you look at the timewave graph, it would suggest that novelty events are milestones to which nature adheres to. While you cannot guess the nature of the events, it is pretty convincing that there is validity behind the algorithms as they are implemented. Sometime back I ran across this website Global Consciousness Project at Princeton. It not measuring novelty, but more of an attempt to measure Global consciousness.

I am not sure how accurate these things follow timewave patterns, but I will take a closer look to see if there a a correlation to novelty over time. One could argue that the data could be manipulated to reflect what ever you want to see, but reminds me of cross between computer science meets metaphysical. Anywayz, i am sure you have visited the Kurzweil AI site.. I have a good bit of respect for some of these theories as well. Any thoughts about the bottom of the timewave to be related to the singularity? I am more or less trying to make sense of why timewave flatlines in 2012. I don't subscribe to idea it will be the end of the world, but perhaps this is an epoch event for which time is redefined. Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have no time to read this now, hence a bookmark.

I have Oct 14 as being an important date. This was given to me 50 years ago as a child. I had no year attached to that date.

When blossom came out with that date, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I was finally able to get some screenshots from the Timewave program. The three following images are graphs representing a few important events, some have already happened, some have not.

The first is a graph encompassing 10 years (April 17, 2001 - April 18, 2011). I've plotted a few important points from 9/11 until the present.

The 2nd image represents our current situation. I set the target date for September 14, 2008 (the day before the Wall St. meltdown). The graph runs from Aug. 22 - Oct. 22.

I've highlighted the changes in the graph and tried to best describe what events took place that would cause the collective consciousness to be altered en masse.

This last graph highlights the October 7 dip into novelty. The timewave steadily dips from October 7 - December 10. As for what happens at either point of change, that is still a mystery. It is almost certain however that the world will be changed dramatically.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

It's interesting you mentioned the Global Consciousness Project taking place at Princeton. I believe that experiment is actually tapping into the flux of the timewave (the ripple preceding the event wave). I think the actual timewave graph is unchangeable, but the events that takes place at each crucial point are. I found it interesting that the GC project can not only detect coming events, but participants can also make subtle changes to future events using their own minds.

Another very intriguing project going on is the Web-Bot Project. I heard about these two guys a few years ago on a documentary about 2012. They were recently on 'Coast to Coast' discussing their most recent findings.

These guys analyze the internet utilizing 'radical linguistics' in order to gain an accurate picture of the collective consciousness. An 'asymmetric language trend analysis' is obtained after processing the data, and subsequently future trends can be mapped out before they happen.

This process actually provides specifics whereas Timewave Zero only represents points of chaos.

Their successes include (like Novelty Theory) 9/11 as well as the beginning of the Iraq War. It's most recent success was the September 15 financial debacle. For these guys, October 7 and 14-15 are important, as well as December 10-12 of this year. Here are their websites:

www.urbansurvival.com...
halfpasthuman.com...

Also here is a youtube link to the 12-part C2C show I mentioned above - below is part 1:

au.youtube.com...

And lastly, here is a graphic that the Web-Bot guys designed to show how future events could possibly be perceived by the human collective consciousness. I found it quite similar to what I was alluding to in my description of the timewave.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by win 52

I'd like to hear more about how you got that info. Also was it specifically October 14, 2008 or was it October 14 in general? Was it's importance mentioned in passing, or was it really emphasized to you?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article I found concerning the Timewave:

www.philipcoppens.com...

As 2012 approaches, the expectation of a global paradigm shift grows. Modern anomalous phenomena like UFOs and crop circles are seen as precursors of this change, which is said to be forecast not only in the end of the Mayan calendar, but also in Terence McKenna’s TimeWave Zero – the end of time itself.

Oddly enough, here is a video I made back in July called 'Observing the Timewave' which draws heavily on crop circles, Sun activity and Cern. It's sort of an abstract video, anyway I thought I would post it since it seems related to this article.

au.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Star and flagged

I have always been interested in this Novelty Theory and how it works. Also, will we know when the time shifts to "infinity" in 2012? Or will it just be another regular day?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Do a resonance of the graph from Oct 7. I'll redo mine and get a screenshot up.

Edit: Well, I can't get mine to make a screenshot.
Dunno why it won't work. Usually Print Screen works but with that program it won't for some reason.

So anyway, the resonance I did came up with a date of Oct 1743.

Who was King of England at that time? King George II. George Jr...

I found that interesting.

www.britishbattles.com...

[edit on 9/30/2008 by Ceara]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well written post.My bit to add is recently I have been looking at exactly when these shifts are to occur,like the upcoming Oct 7 which will commence at one AM.On the dawn timeline of Colombia?So looking at decisions made on the East Coast in the financial dist. one might compensate time zones?Talk about multi variables...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePowerOfOne

I have always been interested in this Novelty Theory and how it works. Also, will we know when the time shifts to "infinity" in 2012? Or will it just be another regular day?

That's really hard to say. As we approach 'zero date' things will appear to speed up even more as the timing between events will decrease. More will happen in the last few moments than in all prior human affairs combined.

Since things will be extra crazy around that time, it's difficult to really predict how a conscious observer will process what happens. I think it will be noticeable, but whether we'll even be awake or conscious to actually observe it will remain a mystery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join