It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiken County deputy fired, arrested *Video*

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Laughing at a cop just asks for trouble. I know this kid was was unfairly treated and the cop was busted and fired, but I really think this is one in a million. This happens everyday hundreds of times and the cops don't get any backlash for it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Listen, indecent exposure is a crime, I know for a fact you CAN be written up for haveing you underwear and pants too low and the crack of your arse showing, seen it before, the cop can write it up anyway he wants.

So is not carrying your ID(if you fail to produce a proper name, DOB, and SS#), the cop had suspicion(they were walking away from a known crack house), that is all they need to stop you , and to ask you to produce an ID, if you don't produce an ID or a valid name, age and SS#(which when the kid with no id did, he turned out to be a guy who was known by that department for assaulting one of thier own), your going to jail to get printed.

All I'm saying is this cop coulda ticket both kids for Disorderly had he wanted to be a real *snip*

I was raised in suburbia NY, Long Island, and we messed uround, sure we egged cop cars on Halloween, but when we were stopped/caught. We NEVER talked smack . It's yes sir, no sir, and most often SORRY sir.

Never ever would I leap up in a cops face and not expect to get smacked down.

Sorry these people do a serious job. I was raised to respect tyhe police.

I guess it's different for blacks. I cannot know where this kid came from, but I know I had it about as rough as it gets growing up.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I dunno perhaps the cop should have gotten a write up for this, but come on man, fired?

This kid is prolly gonna get paid, and this servant of the people, who obviously had a bad day gets fired? Just don't seem right.

Police are Human too man. You want them all to be robots and act perfectly in every situation, we won't have any police and it'll be total anarchy.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

I was raised in suburbia NY, Long Island

I cannot know where this kid came from, but I know I had it about as rough as it gets growing up.

So suburbia NY Long Island is about as rough as it gets? Please.

The cop acted inappropriately and was fired. He CLEARLY demonstrated that he can and will abuse any power he is given, and therefore is not to be trusted. And please, post the law that says you can be arrested for showing your underwear, or for that matter the crack of your arse. I f it's there, I know lots of plumbers and beachgoers who need to be arrested, straight away!!!! If it's not, and you're blowing smoke about this law, just hang your head in shame and don't post on this thread any more

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Getting stopped by the police because your pants aren't pulled up high enough.

Only in America

That was just what I was thinking as I watched this video.

WTH ?

And reading some of the replies here, justifying this cop's actions just proved it further.

ONLY in America would ANYONE dare justify this citizen's rights being trampled on as if they were nothing when there is not even a law to enforce regarding where he puts his undies!

Please, spare me! He could wear em on his head if he so pleases !

What is going on with some people ?
You'd think there was actual crimes to be dealt with there wouldn't you ? What's dude's deal ... well ok, who knows right ? smh

That 'police officer' and people like him, those who even think like him, need to get a grip!
Yeah I too was raised to respect the law .. but officers of the law don't act like remedial idiots where I come from

Attention passengers - Next stop - thought police! ie: "how DARE you THINK that!?"

smh gimme a break

[edit on 19-9-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ok, so there is NO law against baggy pants in the county in question, this has been established... There are also no laws against walking through a neighborhood during the day, even if it is near a known crack house... which leads me to:

If this is a known crack house, then why hasn't the police force shut it down?

As for those saying the cop could have done other things, and arrested them for others... the fact is he didn't. He found out he (allegedly) had a cop puncher, and then cuffed no one. The guy did not LEAP into the guys face.

The cop stood 2 inches from the guy and said "say it to my face" (is that standard procedure?) Is the cop supposed to try to get the guy to punch him?

Anyways the cop stood 2 inches from the guy and said "say it to my face". The guy stands up as much as possible without his hands leaving the hood, turned to face the cop and began to speak. Perhaps he did it to fast for the cop, but the cop should have expected such a thing after saying "say it to my face"... I mean seriously it doesn't get much more antagonistic than that.

As soon as he found out he had a cop puncher he should have cuffed everyone, the female cop showed up before the incident, so he had the back up to do so.

Oh and I don't think 31 seconds was enough time for the female cop to cuff Leon and put him in her car...

[edit on 19-9-2008 by XTexan]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

You're a smart dude. I have two sons both in their late twenties now, but like any guy they got stopped thier share of times but never went to jail. Those yes sirs and no sirs carry a lot of weight with a cop, I mean consider the mentality that it takes to wanna be a cop in the first place.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

If you would have actually read my posts you would understand that my replies were not "cop hating" - as you put it. I criticized the perp as much as I did the officer.

I know you wouldn't understand, but I have the ability to look at a subject objectively. Which is how I was able to criticize both and not take a certain side. If you don't know what the word "objectively" means ... look it up.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Sorry these people do a serious job. I was raised to respect tyhe police.

I guess it's different for blacks.

can we PLEASE stop the racist comments? It's sad when you can be punished on this site for making personal attacks on presidential candidates... but once you want to make attacks on an entire race, it's all good.

Just because you were the type of person that pretends to be rebellious, until you are confronted with authority - does not make you any more civilized or respectful. It just makes you weak, when dealing with confrontation. Yes, it is weakness and fear that you are confusing for respect.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Any one watch part 2a and b?
just goes to show how much more of a bung he acted

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This kid may not have a dad. The cop could have had a much bigger influence on the kid by being friendly and maybe joking about the pants hanging down. My kids both wore those for a while, their dad would tell them "if you take good care of those I won't have to buy you anymore until you're 30" -- something like that, to maybe embarrass him into pulling them up, instead of "if I see them you're going to jail" ----- just another cop in the wrong line of business.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

, he has ditched his drugs, lets try and make some money here, by trying to entice the officer to assault him.

You lost all credibility after this conjecture. Stop designing the situation to fit into your explanation.

Waits for the cue, "Look at me when you talk to me", and BOOM!, he leaps up within inches of the officers face.

I don't know how someone leaps up with their handas on the hood the whole time.

What kind of backed up, reversed thinking is this nonsense.

It's your thinking process not ours. You created it.

OK yea, pay the criminal, and fire the guy who's out there risking HIS LIFE protecting yours!

It has already been proven that this officer has a history of excessive force and has been reprimanded.

Throat strike 100% warranted.

Your conclusions. However, the department that has ALL THE INFORMATION sees it differently.

AAC

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I LOVE THIS POST. The cop actually admits that the kid had ZERO criminal record. This guy knows he's wrong.

AAC

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Thank you

I had decided to save these videos in case they disappear
off of youtube for future uploading if needed.

in those videos I can't believe how much the cop bad mouths and degrades the guy.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I know, it's concerns me that his perception of americvan life is all that should be adhered. Pathetic.

AAC

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
there are LOTS of BAD cops. i know plenty of NJ state troopers who call black people the n-word. all the time. it's sickening. this country is full of closet racists. and this cop is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I worked law enforcment, this cop was just acting like a typical ego warrior.
You know the guys that get pushed around in school so now they suddenly become bad asses whe they become cops.
Well the kid might have been a thug, but a thug walking down the street is nothing more than a thug. This cop just had a bad day I guess but he was trained to keep it out of his work day better than that.
All cops should watch this as an A.A.R. to learn how not to act like a egotistical douche bag.
Show respect get respect, you'll get alot further with the populace if you stop harassing them.
I dont have a voter registration card either I guess that makes me a ignorant thug crack head too...........right????
How freakin trivial was that??

[edit on 19-9-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

There is the real world of see it with your own eye then the PC cotton candy everything someone of a particular race is dandy.

Dont buy into the calling people a racist because they understand how the world works and have the steel to not be hippy dippy airy fairy PC like. Go to some bad neighborhoods at night and see what happens to you.

This is NOT a racial issue it is a social issue of how some people in a certain mindset are raising there kids. It needs to be addressed and not ignored. Now it is bleeding over to everyone and all the races are acting this way because we turn blind eye and let it go.

I will tell you what will happen if this trend continues. All the good cops (the majority of them) are going to stop protecting you from these thugs because it will in the end not be worth it. They will stop trying to hold the blue line and let them all kill each other off.

It is about being so PC we do not see that we have a bad social issue here with a chip on its shoulder because the way they are being raised to "get away with what you can"

Dont call me a racist, I thought I was black until I was 9 years old. I am not exaggerating in the least. The difference is not the color of the skin, you and your racist mindset did that. It is how the majority of them are being raised.

Grow up and wake up.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan.......Dont call me a racist, I thought I was black until I was 9 years old............ It is how the majority of them are being raised.

Since racism is taught and not genetically encoded I think you've learned your lesson well. From the mean streets of suburban Long Island where egging cop cars is innocent fun but walking down the street of your neighborhood dressed the "wrong way" gets you arrested for assaulting a cops hand with your throat.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join