It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiken County deputy fired, arrested *Video*

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan

Also the guy on the videos name is Lorenzo Williams, Jr. So IF Leon Patterson was there, and he had punched a cop, then this cop was ignoring him to antagonize the guy on the video...

[edit on 19-9-2008 by XTexan]

A point that continues to be overlooked.

AAC

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Ya... this cop definitely has the deck stacked against him on this one. Complete with prior infractions... he obviously had issues.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The female officer was busy attending to him.

Wasn't that obvious?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

At what point did she do that?

At 2:54 the male officer tells "Leon" to empty his pockets somewhere to the left of the camera.

At 2:58 the male officer appears back in front of the camera.

At 3:02 the female officer appears in front of the camera on the right side.
At 3:13 she leaves view and returns 31 seconds later (3:42) on the right side of the camera to witness the incident.

So no... I don't see the obvious time when she was dealing with "Leon".

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

It's during the 31 seconds she is dealing with Leon. Hence the male cop (Jeff) returning to Williams and arguing. I'd guess she's done and got him cuffed and in the car at 3:38ish.

The real question is why some police sensationalists consider this ATS material. I mean, honestly... :shk:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Ok, the scenario.

Cop drives past a "known" crack house, and see's three teenagers walking away from it. He has suspicion already.

One of the youths has his underwear showing (kid in the black), this is a crime in some states/counties. Officer can lock this kid up right there, if he wanted to.

He gives them the oppourtunty to walk away, pull thier pants up, and is met with laughter and bantering. hmmm.

Now he a little miffed, I'm sure any average "officer" would be. Don't say you know cause you don't. This guy deals with these kids every day.

Now all he wants is ID's, no problems yet, until the one kid cannot produce an ID. That is a crime, and he also could have been booked right there. He is not. Second gift.

Now not only does the kid not have an ID, he's on a cell phone,(showing no respect to the officer), yes you should try to respect the police. Common sense.

Ok, no ID, gives his name, and guess what? He's a known Police assaulter????? Hello.

Now the cops whole demeneor changes, which under training it should, he s still alone, as the back up is only pulling up the road now. He has no idea what situation he may be in.

Now while he talks to Mr. cop assaulter, Mr. underwear(get some self respect man, buy a belt, or wear shorts) is busy shaking dime pieces of crack out of his dreads the entire time. Officer missed this, but he's talking with a known police assaulter, oh well.

Now he wants underwears ID, kid now knows back up and half the neighborhood has arrived, he has ditched his drugs, lets try and make some money here, by trying to entice the officer to assault him.

So he continues to be beligerent, smirking, not looking at someone when you talk to them let alone a sheriff, is a dumb thing to do, but he's doing this on purpose.

Waits for the cue, "Look at me when you talk to me", and BOOM!, he leaps up within inches of the officers face.

Now, I don't know what planet you guys live on but you don't play "two for flinching" with a Sheriff, you get palmed in the throat. Done. "We gonna get oaid now", the teenager starts to jeer..., What the hell country are we living in? "We're gonna get paid?" he says? and the officer loses his job? What kind of backed up, reversed thinking is this nonsense. OK yea, pay the criminal, and fire the guy who's out there risking HIS LIFE protecting yours!

In conclusion,Everything seemed pretty kosher to me. Sheriff gave them chance to leave. Even passed up two tickets he could have wrote. Only when he was physically threatened, yes jumping up within inches of someones face, while your crony (a known police assaulter) is behind him, is threatening the man. Throat strike 100% warranted.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Now all he wants is ID's, no problems yet, until the one kid cannot produce an ID. That is a crime, and he also could have been booked right there.

Wait, I am fairly certain that it is not illegal to walk about without carrying ID. I know we are living in an increasingly monitored society, but we aren't quite there yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I have to agree that most of or a lot of cops today are out of control, but on the other hand I too am sick and tired of seeing this home boy s#!% also. How can the black race expect to be treated with respect on an equal level when most don't: 1) respect them selves 2) respect others 3) educate them selves 4) speak in a proper language 5) make an effort to be a productive part of society. I think that they would find it would make a difference as to how they are treated in return.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Ok, the scenario.

Cop drives past a "known" crack house, and see's three teenagers walking away from it. He has suspicion already.

One of the youths has his underwear showing (kid in the black), this is a crime in some states/counties. Officer can lock this kid up right there, if he wanted to.

wrong. It seems like some of you are bending over backwards to justify these actions. Why? Seriously, it is extremely perplexing.

Originally posted by xyankee
How can the black race expect to be treated with respect on an equal level when most don't: 1) respect them selves 2) respect others 3) educate them selves 4) speak in a proper language 5) make an effort to be a productive part of society.

are you even serious? wow. Speechless. I guess when you put it like that, there's really no room for argument.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Pretty easy to tell who just wants to see people they don't like harassed in this thread.

But if you want to complain about crimes and then support things like this, then you obviously don't understand how things work. When cops are out enforcing social crimes and things like this, it creates an atmosphere where the people fear and work against the cops.

If we had cops who were only out fighting legitmate crimes such as theft, murder etc. Then the people would work with the cops more often in order to stop these things.

Social crimes actually hurt the system and cause more crime. Not only are officers taken away from real crimes, but our jail system and so forth is over crowded. We are supposed to be the beacon of freedom, but we put more people in prison than anywhere in the world.

I wish I could find the original story, if anyone knows it please send me a U2U for the source.

In the early days of America, a Frenchman came to visit. He noticed that in America we had very few cops, and very little crime. When a crime did occur, he noticed that the citizens would always do what they could to help the cops, exactly opposite of how it was in France. However in America, the free country that didn't have social crimes, the crimes were real crimes and the citizens didn't want that.

He noted that in France, they had very strict social crimes. Which created dissent among the people. The courts were mostly a form of entertainment for the people. If a cop came around, nobody would ever snitch or help the cops, because the attitude was us vs them. Sound familiar?

America has been moving more and more to a society like France had back then. Cops are no longer seen as being public servants. They are the enemy. The court systems have become entertainment for the masses, we even have court TV.

And it's not going to change either as long as people wish to use the police force as a way to punish those they don't like. Which is all anyone who is defending this cop really wants to see. Your bigotry is sickening.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I have to agree that most of or a lot of cops today are out of control, but on the other hand I too am sick and tired of seeing this home boy s#!% also. How can the black race expect to be treated with respect on an equal level when most don't: 1) respect them selves 2) respect others 3) educate them selves 4) speak in a proper language 5) make an effort to be a productive part of society. I think that they would find it would make a difference as to how they are treated in return.

holy #, racist much? I will make sure to let the ENTIRE BLACK RACE know that they should start doing these things you have listed. Thank God there is finally a list they can follow, if they can read though right?

Anyway, I have a lot of friends who are cops in some nasty neighborhoods, and I showed them the video. Yes its hard to deal with these people everyday when you expect them to be rude and not like you because your a cop, but guess what that is your JOB. Don't like it, find another one. This whole argument about it being OK because their job is like a pressure cooker, TRUST ME, most cops can handle it and do a fine job, it is these few nut job cops who got beat up and made fun of in high school who ruin it for a lot of good cops. Now that they are out of high school they want to be a big shot and abuse their power against the people who made fun of them in high school. Obviously this isn't the cause for all abuse of power in police, but I am willing to bet a lot of their stories are similar.

Bottom line: The cop picked a fight, its painfully obvious, and he got one. And i can only laugh at the guy who said, if there was no camera just do what the cop says and then report him at the station. HA HA HA ya that kid would have been taken VERY seriously down at the station and I am sure the cop would have been reprimanded immediately!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

Actually, there are several jurisdictions in Georgia and Florida were walking around with your boxers showing is a misdemeanor. My opinion is: Want to look like a complete moron? Go for it!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

So what about the slack-jawed rednecks driving around in two-story pick-ups with Confederate flags in the back windows?
Stupid comes in all colors, and thankfully there isn't a single ethnic group in the world with a majority of stupid people.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by hoochymama

Question.

Why are you constantly pointing out the cop's race in capital letters? A white cop arrests a black guy and we should automatically suspect racism?

Good lord. What is society coming to??

With all due respect Steve, the cop's attitude and conduct shouted 'I AM A FAT WHITE RACIST COP' throughout he video in all caps.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Pretty easy to tell who just wants to see people they don't like harassed in this thread.

But if you want to complain about crimes and then support things like this, then you obviously don't understand how things work. When cops are out enforcing social crimes and things like this, it creates an atmosphere where the people fear and work against the cops.

exactly! Let's say instead of a group of black guys with their pants sagging, this cop was harassing a group of gay guys for wearing loud colors and pants that are too tight. One of the gay guys looks the cop in the eye and gets thrown to the ground by his throat.

Let's say it's a 9/11 truther, wearing a "9/11 was an inside job!" shirt, and the cop deemed it "disrespectful."

I mean, the scenarios are endless. It seems that since this particular case was against black youth with saggy pants - it's ok. Once it happens to a different class of people (aka more "civilized" lol) then it's horrendous. The double standards around here are less than impressive.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm surprised they actually fired a cop. Murder doesn't even get them fired most of the time. I wonder if any cop has even been convicted of killing a person while on duty.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are several issues here that confound the mind.

For one thing, right up front I will say that this police officer needed to be disciplined regarding how he 'controlled' the situation, he needs to be counseled regarding the expectation he harbors when addressing and confronting citizens in the street - and how that makes every other policeman's job that much harder. But he did NOT deserve to be fired unless other circumstantial and undisclosed history has bearing on this event.

People who work in a field confronting criminals often excuse their behavior as having been 'affected' by the subjects. Yet the standard of peace-keeping is a higher order commitment, a vocation, to serve and protect the community.

Police should be indoctrinated in the art of not considering themselves 'separate' from the community they police. Like it or not, there are stark and undeniable cultural differences that come into play, and police can ill-afford to ignore the fact that how a person speaks, or bears themselves in ANY situation is not subject to their 'commands'. That is the essence of free speech. The policeman expected a submissive attitude? How unrealistic is that when you confront someone in full view of their friends, posse, or what have you?

Respect is due all people, including the suspect (of whatever it was he was suspected of - I'm still unclear on that). We know that these individuals we not in violation of any local 'underwear/droopy pants ordinance' although such do exists in some places.

In this event, the police initiated the confrontation, and showed continuous demeaning and disrespectful attitude towards the detained. Interrupting responses, talking down to them, and otherwise openly flaunting the position of authority they were in.

The claim that they came out of a 'known' crack house seems contrived. If the stop had been a drug bust an entire different approach would have been needed, as well as more than one unit. These police officers were patrolling, and interrupted that patrol to confront someone the officer found offensive, but hardly criminal.

The suspect was amused at the efforts of the police officer, that much was clear, but he did not engage in any behavior that warrants physical restraint. Openly expressing the amusement in his demeanor was a poor choice, since it inflamed the officers behavior. Once the 'race' card was played (by the policemen of all things) the suspect did seem to offer a taunting attitude to the officer, perhaps he perceived that this officer was too self-absorbed in the swagger of authority.

I hate to think that a man who could be properly trained and learn from his mistake will now be a bitter 'security' officer somewhere, waiting to get even with the world. Taking away someone's livelihood and chosen profession is a severe punishment, and I would suspect it will be reconsidered eventually (especially if the PBA get's involved.)

But in the end, I do agree that this entire matter could have been avoided by either party; the young man could have simply hitched up his pants for a moment, rendering the policeman's will to dominate satisfied. And the officer could have simply stated "keep the pants pulled up" and moved along, because that would have been commensurate with the offense involved.

Poor marks all around. In the end, I expect the policeman to keep the peace. Not escalate the confrontation based on contrivances of gestures that are plainly misrepresented. As for the suspect, it is not a crime to behave like a thug. It is not a crime to be ignorant. It is not a crime to be disrespectful. It is a hazard of free speech, and most police know this to be true. They (suspects) are going to behave as they are inclined to, and your barking commands and demanding submissive compliance is over-the-top and simply appears to be like begging for a confrontation to occur so they can exercise the authority they would otherwise have to restrain.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog

Now all he wants is ID's, no problems yet, until the one kid cannot produce an ID. That is a crime, and he also could have been booked right there.

Wait, I am fairly certain that it is not illegal to walk about without carrying ID. I know we are living in an increasingly monitored society, but we aren't quite there yet.

Its not required by law to identify yourself.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What an #hole cop! He had no reason to disrepect that male.

In the beginning of the video the cop asks the black male to pull up his pants to cover his boxers - the kid pulls down his shirt which indeed covered his boxers. Problem solved.

The cop then continues on to harass him and go on a power trip that many cops seem to enjoy.

Now, everyone who says the kid deserved it for acting out, being disrespectful, blah blah blah - you're wrong. The black male knew he diddnt do anything wrong, and the that was what aggrivated the cop. The cop was hoping to find drugs, or anything, but found nothing.

I have been stopped by cops before while doing nothing wrong, and when they try to search me or my car, I laugh. I smile the whole time and make fun of the whole situation because I know I diddnt do anything wrong, the cop is wasting his time, and I am amused at the obvious power-trip many cops have.

So for this black male, who knew he diddnt do anything wrong - had no drugs on him - no warrents - no anything, of course he is going to laugh and act like that to the cop. The cop had no reason to do anything, so its our right at citizens to make their job a pain in the ass knowing that we have not broken the law and cant get in trouble.

Dont be one of them yes sir sheeps to these power-tripping police. If they stop you and you know you're clean, make their job a pain in the ass. Maybe they will start treating us citizens with respect other then assuming every once of us is guilty before they even stop it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join