It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiken County deputy fired, arrested *Video*

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

So, were getting a little closer to what your true bias is.

Are you a dispatcher???

How do you know EVERY Cops stress on the job...

Are you really defending THIS Cop or are you defending all Cops??

Would you agree that there are times when Cops cross the line?? You made a statement that you responded in threads defending citizens rights in situations like this. I would love to see this..........

Would you agree that in this case the Cop crossed the line??

The Female Cop was laughing at her partner/(she was the back up) because she knew he was causing a scene and speaking to the camera.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ofcourse he pushed the line. As I said before he has alot of pent up frustration dealing with these kinds of individual. This time it all came out and he fell from grace. There are times when cops step over the line and it's justified, sometimes not. I think, all things considered, this vid is understandable. But what is the real reason for posting it here?

Most here are ron paul lovin gov hating alex jones fanatics. All y'all tend to talk about is riots, police state/nwo stuff and pieces of sensationalism like this. Is it any wonder?

There are sadistic bigoted cops but this isn't one of them. I've sure never met one.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by hoochymama

Sure there is bias. Sure there have been horrible crimes by cops, some racially motivated some not. I think this video is pretty mild as far as they go, most y'all are overreacting

I agree with Steve, this is really mild and does not warrant the cop getting fired. If you ever dealt with these thugs all the time, always trying to take advantage of EVERYTHING you would get worn down too.

we's finnin to get paid

This is also what thugs say when they put a gun to you face and take your wallet.

It was mild and he may have stepped over the line but I can see how he could and it wasn't so bad he should have been fired. He would not have been fired if it was a white person, but because this kid was black and he ws white he got fired.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Very true! Thanks for chiming in LGM.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The Cop basically choke slammed the kid to the ground.........he should get fired.

If you are at work and someone "got in your face" and you retaliated you would get fired as well. Many people get fired for "bad judgement".

We should, as a society, hold EVERYONE accountable for there actions. Somehow Politicians, Priests, and Cops always seem to have the ability to not be accountable for there actions.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
The Cop basically choke slammed the kid to the ground.........he should get fired.

It was deserved. The cop should of been given temporary leave. The kid, a few nights in jail. That ought to straighten his attitude out.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well that kid called that Cops' bluff.. Next time the Cop shouldn't be a Dick to provoke the kid getting into his face. The Cop should of just let that kid keep talking and just continue to do his job. But this Cop stooped down to that "thug" kids' level and this is what happen. Like i said Obviously the Cop had a weak mind and let that kid get into him. And now he is FIRED.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Show me in the video where the kid showed attitude??

I can show you multiple times where the Cop showed aggression, false accusations, assault, mental abuse, lack of "maturity", abuse of authority, etc.

You can show me a disputed TWO seconds of supposed threatening posture by the Perp but I can show you so much more ABUSE in this whole video it will make your head spin. Considering your BIAS though it wont help much.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

If you are at work and someone "got in your face" and you retaliated you would get fired as well.

He barely hit the thug! He just lost his balance, but at a protest a cop can hit a little white girl in the face with his baton so hard she whiplashed into the ground at a horrific speed and nothing...some thug gets irate and get barley tapped and this man loses his job.

If someone got in my face on the job I walk away and let PD deal with them and they get to keep bleeding for a while.

Dont tell me how they are either. We had a Paramedic go on a scene, some thugs were so brazen they dialed 911 shot and killed the medic in the passenger side to steal the dug box while they said "We's finnin to get paid"

How would YOU like it if they went to your job and did THAT to YOUR best friend or you worlked in a job that you dealt with that crap all the time?

I am always ready to defend the public when a cop does something bad. This was not it. We's finnin to get paid...:shk:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
I dont think the officer was that out of line. My parents raised me to respect the police. When you treat them with respect this stuff doesnt happen. When you stand there and run your mouth you get your head kicked in. I dont see why people dont get that concept.

When you grew up, were you constantly harassed by cops? Did your parents tell you to respect the man who is belittling you and jabbing you in the throat? Just asking.

it. I am white but I am sure if I ran my mouth the same thing would have happened.

Not in a million years. Find me a video.

In fact I was arrested once for public intox and I got my butt kicked by the police and I never said a word because I had it coming.

Find me THAT video.

All this liberal thinking of trying to be understanding of some disrespectful punk. I just dont get it.

This says a lot.

If that was my son and I saw that video I would have disciplined him for behaving like that in front of an officer of the law.

He wouldn't of respected you later in life for that surrendering of his dignity, in the face of such a coward officer.

If you have a record of hitting a cop your going to get picked on everytime they get you on anything.

This statement leads me to believe you have trouble absorbing the entirety of the situation before basing judgement. The perp didn't have a record of hitting a cop. A friend "off camera" was question his identity and the officer remembered the name. Don't act like this was all based off of this discovered truth (or assertion).

You Steve my friend, this video was just to ruffle the feathers of the crowd, I like seeing the mist of this saturation.

AAC

AAC

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Nation was suspended back in 2004 for excessive use of force.

I think this man was following a trend, and his superior saw it and thought it warranted a termination. For people here to pretend they have more information than the department that fired him, it is interestingly comical.

AAC

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
If you want to understand the procedures listen to the ten codes the cop used: 10-31, 10-29. You may want to look them up.

AIKEN CCOUNTY SHERIFF RADIO CODES & SIGNALS:
10-26 Arrival Time
10-27 License/Permit Info
10-28 Ownership Info
10-29 NCIC Wanted/Stolen
10-30 Danger/Caution
10-31 Pick-up
10-32 Threats/Harass
10-33 Emergency

Source

Ok so he called in a 10-29 and a 10-31, He had a someone who was wanted and was calling for pick-up... I notice he failed to use 10-30 or 10-32... so at least at that point in time he didn't feel threatened.

2 questions...

The guys name, I assume from the video, is Leon Patterson... Can anyone find any info on the previous incident of Leon Patterson punching a cop? Or even if this guy was actually Leon Patterson?

The cop in this case did not run any IDs, and did not call in to see if Leon Patterson was wanted. Perhaps he already knew.. but yet he asks the guy what happened with that incident. The guy answers, then the cop argues with the answer.

Now if this guy was wanted, and that cop knew it why didn't he immediatly cuff the guy? Instead, he stands right next to him and utters the famous line that we all use when trying to antagonize someone: "say it to my face".

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
I dont think the officer was that out of line. My parents raised me to respect the police. When you treat them with respect this stuff doesnt happen. When you stand there and run your mouth you get your head kicked in. I dont see why people dont get that concept.

When you grew up, were you constantly harassed by cops? Did your parents tell you to respect the man who is belittling you and jabbing you in the throat? Just asking.

This was not addressed to me but it needs to be said. I grew up in the hood, all my friends were black. My parents raised me different though and I was poor also, but did not grow up to prey on the innocent. All of the people I grew up with did prey on the innocent though. Instead I did just the opposite and put my life on the line to save all people that are in trouble. You know they drive by one of the fire stations on the bad side of town and shoot the Firefighters cars and the station from time to time? Who the hell does that kind of thing?

I bet you live in the suburbs and have never been exposed to what some are capable of doing. Not all blacks are thugs of course. But an out of proportion percentage do prey on the innocent and take advantage of any situation. This is a social problem that needs to be addressed and needs to be fixed. Shall we all not play by the rules?

Cops in the inner city see this all day everyday. So what are cops supposed to do, not harass people that harass others? Ignore it and target little old Chinese ladies? Most times a good cop has a nose for those that are apt to put a gun to YOUR face and rape you in the street. So dont get on a high horse and spout off about profiling and harassment until you know the score.

When you get a weapon in your face and here "we's finnin to get paid" or "we's finnin to get laid" you will wish some cop had harassed that dude and found out if he is one of the good guys or one of the ones taught by there parents to "just take it, you deserve it"

When will this world get real?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I agree with you, but as for him getting paid. No I don't, the officer asked him to look at him and he did provoke the office by coming at him. NOW as for the officer himself I too am not sure of what 'activities' took place prior and that the officer then made a disturbance. And should be suspended and put on leave or something without pay. AND possibly terminated as does happen.

But clearly the officer was intimidated before hand as you can hear him calling in for request. So I feel that show's it to some extent.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

No one's argueing that thug life is great or anything like that. We're saying that this cop in this situation crossed the line.

As I've stated if this guy had 10 lbs of coke in his back pocket, he would have got off scott free due to police misconduct. If this guy did punch a cop, and this cop was arresting him... guess what, he now gets off scott free because this cop couldn't control his actions.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Nice video, thats a pretty rough beat down, hope she was ok...
Whats it got to do with the case at hand?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

One of the guys he was taking in assaulted a police officer. You think if he keeps that kind of company he's an innocent kid out for a walk?

It's difficult to tell because of the distorted speech, but the officer in the vid says the other is a friend or former partner.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I bet you live in the suburbs and have never been exposed to what some are capable of doing. Not all blacks are thugs of course. But an out of proportion percentage do prey on the innocent and take advantage of any situation. This is a social problem that needs to be addressed and needs to be fixed. Shall we all not play by the rules?

Wow.

Um, not to point out the obvious, but you seem to be a person that feels that people of a certain skin color are more prone to violence than people of differing skin color. I think there is a word for that... wait its comin to me..... oh yeah! A racist!

Your post disgust me. You assume because you knew of black people in your town that were horrible criminals that cops must be wary of all black people, and illegally search and assault them just to teach them respect. Fair enough. Well I live in a redneck rural town. Every criminal I have known in this town was white. In fact, the other day two older white men were just arrested for child rape. That means that cops should harass all old white men and punch them in the throat, right?

Heres what I don't get about you and Stever, you claim that based on the way these kids looked, the cops connected them to other people that look like that, therefore the cop was justified in enacting violence in order to teach the kids respect. Under that logic, what if these kids had seen the Rodney King video, or one of the tons of others like it; are they then justified in beating any white cop to teach them respect. I mean, they must be worn down by all of that just like the cops right?

Your view of the world then becomes a proverbial Hatfield and McCoy, cops beat young black people for being disrespectful to them, and young black people in turn beat cops for being disrespectful, a real utopia.

All I can say is that I hope neither of you ever have the misfortune of being profiled and beaten by the police.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but I was re-reading the source article and saw this:

There is no law in Aiken County that says baggy pants are illegal.

So basically this stop was bogus from the get go. He had no right to stop, search, or question these guys in the first place. He thought they looked like thugs and he harassed them.

Also the guy on the videos name is Lorenzo Williams, Jr. So IF Leon Patterson was there, and he had punched a cop, then this cop was ignoring him to antagonize the guy on the video...

[edit on 19-9-2008 by XTexan]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join