It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Marriage Success Secret

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well I'm not married, but from my experience in observing people that are married, I would say get married in your 30's after you've lived life a little.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My marriage is a 10. I have been hitched for 3 years. I was attracted to my wife in every way before we got married, and the decision was really easy. She has made my life happier and easier than I could have imagined. I dated a lot of women that were really bad people.

My wife and I have this thing we do almost every day, she gets off work at 5, and I usually get home sooner. I take a shower, and send her a naughty picture on the cell phone, and she gets real horny and comes home, and we do it.

Having sex constantly, has always been par for the course for us, and that has helped keep things going well. We get along in general too. Agree on most things, especially morally speaking. I'm a bit conspiratorial, and she thinks I'm kinda crazy especially when I talk about aliens and such.

She is a whiz with paperwork, and I hate it, so that worked out good. She pays the bills, I give her the money lol. I forget to pay them and then my credit gets shot.

I'd say don't be afraid to tell your spouse that you appreciate them, you scratch my back I scratch yours.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have yet to post my own secret, so I thought I’d go ahead and add it to the list…

The number one success secret for me has been…

Praying together.

If you are not a spiritual person, I know that just sounds like foolishness. All I have to say to that is ‘each to his own.’ It works for me!

My wife and I have been married 8 years, but I already said that at the beginning.

I rate my marriage as a 9, simply because there is ALWAYS room for improvement, and nobody is perfect… it sure is a fun challenge to aspire to flawlessness, though.

My wife also rated our marriage at a 9… I guess I should have added that in the OP. You may rate it as a 10, but does your spouse?

Also, (((as far as I know, my wife doesn’t even check out ATS, so I’m not saying this for bonus points…))) My wife is awesome! I have been a selfish and difficult person to live with, but she has remained faithful. I know that it is our commitment and love for one another and Jesus Christ that has sustained us in those trying times. I thank God for her.

I am truly a lucky man!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Me and my wife have been married 15 years, it has been first because our faith in God..........now if you are atheist take the next points. communication has to be a big factor as well as keeping your relationship fresh, as it was when you dated, meaning don't forget the romance.......and holding your lips shut sometimes HA!HA!.......Sometimes its best to be quiet...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Well,my partner and I aren't religios,though I'm slightly spiritualist. (he thinks I've gone quite mad) I think our secret is our total and utter disreguard for eachother
We don't fight,we've had 2 proper arguments in 10 years. We slag eachother off constantly though,if we had a swear box,we'd be millionaires. We've been "garried" (my term for civil partnership) for nearly 3 years. And to give an example of what life is like here,this is how I found out that we were getting hitched. I got home from work one day,and he said "Sign this,we're getting married" to which I said "ok *signed* what's for tea?" B*stard didn't even get down on one knee.

anyway,that's our secret. F# knows how we're still together,but we are.

He's in a bit of a grumps today,so I'm going to go and wind him up. (by standing next to him,poking him in the ribs non stop)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We have been married for almost 18 years. This is the second marriage for both of us.

Very open communication with a lot of emotional intimacy.

No secrets!! They create a wall or a filter that cannot be penetrated and leaves doubt in its path.

Tell each other how you feel and do it as kindly as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join