It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should YouTube Be Banned?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
JACKINTHEBOX.

End all be all here, you have made a worthy debate, but I am far from convinced. And I hope that others have seen the danger and the folly of your proposition. Yourself included.

Pleasure talking with you

THEGRAYONE.

Stopping videos like this from being viewed by anyone (or adults) is the same as telling you what to write or say in a public forum. It's the same as to stop you from expressing your views. What's the difference from the Government stopping videos and websites, such as this one, from talking about the government and banning youtube for allowing all kind of info?

Restrictions are not new,we have them now.ATS has its restrictions.TV and movies have restrictions,books have restrictions etc.

I did say that i agree that with this idea there is a high risk,mainly from people who would take advantage of it.

DEMONIK ROB.

Well that is a fairly hard to do seeing how the people who would be viewing this videos may have a different opinion of what is offensive opposed to you or someone else.

Valid argument and one i have used myself when i've butted heads with tv and movie representatives.My argument in that situation is that you need a broader spectrum of people on the censorship boards,instead of just your middle class,religious types.

NJCARGUY.

Youtube is a microcosm of our society and if our society is represented by youtube and its users..this planet is doomed..you tube has no redeeming values whatsoever. Everyone on youtube is so self absorbed its sickening..all you have to do is keep an eye on " What people are watching now" at the top of the home page and you will see what I mean.

Hopefully our society isn't represented by these people....but i might just be being too optermistic there.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well, in answer to the OP's simple question. No. And now to make sure I don't get penalized for a one line post I say this is not a one line post. By the way, what is the penalty for a one line post? For some reason I am deathly scared of this punishment and don't even know what it is.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Yeah,the whole one line business can be very tricky indeed,so tricky that you type rubbish just to make sure you can fill 2 lines!

[edit on 20-9-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
No it should not be banned~! It's certainly shaking up the Illuminati people~!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join