It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Icke even noteworthy???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I consider myself a logical person in every sense. When I come across something that is new to me or interests me, I take it upon myself to do a little bit of research in the hope of learning something new while attacking all angles of the subject matter. Of course, not everybody will agree with my beliefs or opinions, much like I will not agree with the opinions or beliefs of everybody else. Each person has a right to his or her own standards, beliefs, and opinions. I am not attempting to discount the value of such things in any way.

However (you all knew this word was coming)...

I have recently become a slightly more active user of ATS and, in doing so, I have subjected myself to several "perceptions" of current events (whether plausible and founded or not). One such "perception" is in regard to the world we all know and love (or hate). This "perception" is held by the widely acclaimed, world renowned David Icke.

Let me again clarify that I am not discounting the perception itself, as his beliefs and views on the world have the possibility of being true or correct, whether this possibility is large or small. What I am troubled by with this man and his claims, is the way he chooses to react to direct questions that require direct answers. I have done a brief search of the ATS archives and came across some questions that were asked by ATS users. Here are the questions and answers:

Q: ATS: One of the most disturbing theories I have read of your's is that of the "missing children". You mentioned satanic rituals and dark government projects, can you elaborate on what these children are being used for? Is there any proof other than the missing children in themselves that would support your theory?

A: David Icke: This is a big subject that needs a lot of explanation. I am currently compiling a book with an American woman who has a fantastic story to tell about this. Yes there is evidence, tons of it, if only people would bother to look.

If only people would bother to look? If he knows where to look, why not show us and provide a better answer with at least a miniscule amount of proof, rather than avoid doing so by saying, "No. You do it."

Q: ATS: mocken asks,Please inquire why there are few references or citations in the majority of his books that discuss aliens, and so on?

A: David Icke: Don�t understand the question.

How can you not understand the question? Although the user is speaking to ATS instead of Icke directly, it is easy enough to deduce that the user wants to know why Icke doesn't use references or citations in the majority of his books that discuss aliens, etc. Icke replies in a roundabout, avoiding manner. "Don't understand the question." Seems like he is playing dumb to me.

Q: ATS: Lost asks, David, time and time again you have stated that you can not prove your theories regarding reptilians etc. and also do not care what others think. David, are you absolutley convinced of your theories, or do you still reserve some doubts. With such wild theories and no proof, are you open to the idea that you could be wrong?

A: David Icke: I have written tens of thousands of words on the subject and talked to hundreds of people all over the world from very different walks of life who have had experience of this phenomenon. Their accounts are remarkably consistent and then look at the ancient accounts of the reptilians and shapeshifters that tell a similar story. So there is a great deal of evidence, but unless people experience the reptilians directly they are always going to say there is no proof. The world not being flat was a wild theory once and, anyway, the reptilians, like the Illuminati, are only a sub-plot in a much bigger story, as my next book will detail.

It seems to me as if Icke is yet again avoiding the use of references or documentation by generalizing his evidence. He then makes a ridiculous parallel with flat world theory.

Ideas?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here is a direct link to the archive:

Icke Archive Q/A with Users

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I like Icke's stuff. Am I completely convinced that he has every detail correct? No. Do I think that he makes a compelling case and that he might very well be correct in most or all of his conclusions? I certainly leave the door open to that possibility.

The more you read his stuff, and other material like it, the more you see the truth for yourself everywhere you turn. Once the veil is lifted, and you accept the possibilities with an open mind, you will see right through the propoganda that perpetuates the illusion and the trance of the sheeple. You will be able to read between the lines in the top news stories, know why some stories are never reported, and see how some stories are related when it is not readily aparrent. And news stories are just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Icke is mostly right but nobody's perfect, besides, if he seemed too credible, would he still be alive?

I suspect he might mix some wild stuff in there on purpose so he can get away with the more mundane whistleblowing. Nobody kills the village idiot, and usually he's the only one that gets away with telling the hard truthes. Or he could even be right about the wild stuff, which is an unsettling notion. He's right about the fascism, and it's basically the same worldview as espoused by Alex Jones. Just without shouting quite as loud.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
david Icke is the man who forced me to look upon almost everything more thoroughly with an open mind, as one user posted 'to lift the veil from my eyes'.

i would count myself as a supporter of his, but even if i did not support him i would still adopt the same 'question everything' mindset, therefore, if more people are able to listen or read about him and become more aware of the world, regardless of whether they support him, this must be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
David Icke is one of the greatest plagiarist of the modern era.

If you can live with that than by all means buy his books (that is all he is interested in by the way - selling books).

Or if you are like myself and respect original thought and creativity then I find David Icke repugnant.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This David Icke bashing is ridiculous, as well as that of Alex Jones. It's very easy to cast negative thoughts and opinions on those you don't know or don't agree with. What a childish thing it is to then try and get others to do the same. You don't like his stuff, fine, don't read it. You don't like his opinions fine, but nor should he, or anyone else, like yours either. It's called life, and the differences of opinion and attitudes is what makes our cultures so diverse and meaningful. Without these differences, we wouldn't progress as a nation or race. So cut the crap, there's better things to do.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
David Icke puts across an extremely persuasive arguement - those who dont believe a word he says clearly haven't read his work. I'm not saying that everything he writes is 100% but the overall picture is pretty clear. David Icke has shown in his latest book (The David Icke guide to The Global Conspiracy....) that there is a strong connection between most of the (seemingly unconected) events unfolding in The World today, e.g. the operations of the World Bank, Monsanto etc, in Africa are why the continent in the state it is.

Whether the 'Reptilian Agenda' is correct or not(again, those who have seen his DVD interview with the S.African Shamen Credo Mutwa will have been strongly persuaded that there is alot of truth in this), doesn't take away from the fact that we are moving towards One World Goverment (and Police State) - just look at what is happening in the USA at the moment, with our economy and the Dollar on the verge of collapse, things are perfectly set-up to bring in the new North American currency (The Amero) and of course the integration of the American Union (Cananda, USA & Mexico will become one like the EC, with Central and South American countries to follow, I'm sure).

Anyway, again to those who doubt David, please take the time to read his latest book.......it will open your eyes

[edit on 20-9-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
To call somebody a plagiarist without proof is downright ignorance. If this is your point of view please expand...

i find it very consistent that those who read David Icke's work give positive or at least constructive comment, whereas those who do not simply criticise without giving the guy a chance. I though having an open mind was the idea of ATS working.

And, as i have previously stated, David Icke's work makes people question or look into their own beliefs further, which in this time of personal belief being subject to brainwash and pressure/persuasion is a very important thing

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
bottom line .. Icke is a nutter... thinks reptilians rule the planet... claims Hillary Clinton.. Boxcar Willie... Chris Christoferson.. the Queen.. George Bush.. and most people of notariety are Aliens.. he is really into it..

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
He should have stuck to goal-keeping.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I find him intriguiging. Some of his stuff has made me look where I would usually just hmmmm. I have trouble with some of his theory but he does tell you dont believe me look it up , I am just giving you the issues . He has done tons of work that I still am researching . Same with Tsarion and Jim Marrs. Some of his stuff still makes me wonder what institution he is on release from lol. But I have to say he made me start looking harder.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
David Icke deserves respect and recognition for all his work and research over the years, as does the likes of Jordan Mawell and Co. If these people did not speak out in the first place for us to listen most of us would be still in a sleep (spiritually). Even if you don't agree with what they say it matters not as they have achieved their goal in waking us up. After waking up then it's up to us to do our own research and make up our own minds and grow and learn.

top topics

join