It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im really scared of the dark

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Can you imagine more than one being lurking in the darkness?

Yes apart from the ones I fear I do feel others that are good there but there more in the background late nights and when its dark or Im in he dark.

Do you feel their intent?
I really think its Satan and his followers that want me to go on their side because I feel Im special and can make a difference to this world.A very 'good' difference.Its like he has made me crack up before and wants me to crack up again.

Have you acknowledged their presence?

I sometimes feel someone is right in my face and I just screw my face up and say something like 'YOU CANT HAVE ME' F O. So yeh I suppose I have.

Could you describe the things that you imagine for us?

Their demons,of all sizes and some have horrible looking faces,,showing teeth.Sometimes I hear clicking in my living room and see black shadows and sometimes I have felt like Im being smoothered by an evil force like he is totally cloaked me in evil and fright just fills my stomach and I feel weird in my mind.That hasnt happened in a while though

*I bet you don't sense any sort of anger or resentment when you turn on the lights for them - that should give you some insight into nature of what you are dealing with

No one likes the dark, especially those in it.

I feel the light from God but I dont trust him either,,,Ive had tests and not very nice ones and Im sure its God that is testing me,but only to make me stronger for my dream to come true.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

I have no solution for you either, but I suggest very much that you try to overcome this fear - As you prolly know, fears are 'irrational' but it doesn't help to overcome them. You just need to gather enough will power to overcome it.

Why it is so important? Because in dark, your brains emit certain hormones like melatonin, which is important for the feeling of happiness and psychological endurance:

Production of melatonin by the pineal gland is inhibited by light and permitted by darkness. For this reason melatonin has been called "the hormone of darkness"[...]
Source.

If you cant overcome, I suggest you get alternative treatment. If you're (not saying that you are!) cannabis user, that would help. There are also some artificial medicines for aquiring melatonin balance.

I wish you all the best,

-v

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Wow I didnt know about that,someone said about hypnotherepy as well so with your advice and that if I cant overcome I'll give them a try.

cannibis makes it worse for me,I have no defences at all then,but on the upside to it I have very intelligent deep conversations.

Thanx V
x

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

Ok, sometimes cannabis really makes things worse in some cases. Good that you already are aware of it. I wouldn't recommend it then.

I hope you all the best, feel free to contact me if you have anything to ask. Just send u2u.

Sincerely,

-v

[edit on 18-9-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Have you heard of Bach Flower Remedies? I would suggest you buy a bottle of Mimulus and try it 4 times a day for three weeks.
While you are at it also buy a bottle of bach flower remedies called rescue remedy. Keep this one near your bedside.

Try to dimish the amount of light in your bedroom progressively and when you reached the point you want to try to sleep in the dark keep your rescue remedy and a bedlight near to you just in case.

The remedy doesn't diminish your fear, but it helps you to handle it. I described Mimulus remedy to several young children with the same problem and it works beautifully.

That's the reason I am telling you this, I really hope that it will work for you as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by leapoffaith

Thank you so much,that is something I can try and it sounds like it will help x

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
First off, I agree with leapoffaith. Rescue Remedy is a must. A few years ago I started having panic attacks. At first, maybe once a week and as time progressed, I'd have up to four a day. I used the Rescue Remedy in droplet form, just one drop under the tongue and although the fear didn't go away, it was like I had taken a deep breath and everything slowed down. I started having them again early this year before I flew to America. The idea of flying has always given me nightmares and I'd start to shake if I even thought about it. Imagine my terror during my first flight, one to sunny Florida. Turbulence, all the way and incidentally, all the way back!! I bought a tin of RR chewy sweets and they were amazing.
Nothing beats anxiety better than RR.
(Before anyone asks, no I don't work for them)

Secondly, I write a lot and the dark is my muse. I often spend hours staring into the night, scaring myself silly with visions of my own creation. I have piles of books full of ideas that I have kept in very much the same way someone would keep a dream diary. (I have more than a few of those too.)
I would recommend writing about what you see. It can help you deal with it. Or you could send them to me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join