It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fate of minorities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
NOTE: i am not a racist i am just typing MY observations and i mean NO disrespect...

is it just me or are minorities not getting alot of great job choices in life...

examples:

the ONLY indians i know of are cab drivers and deli owners...

the ONLY hispanic males i know have jobs of gardening and renevating and contractors etc...

the ONLY hispanic females/female blacks i know work in hospitals etc...

this makes me sick and i truely hope that people accept other people with love and treat them equally someday...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The fate is what you see of it...by design.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
hmmm

well, the Indians I know (i am one of them) NONE of them are cab drivers or deli owners.

the Hispanics Males I know, NONE of them have jobs gardening, renovating or contractors.

the Hispanic/black females I know, yes 2 are nurses in hospitals, but not all of them.

You are generalizing entire races of people by just a small percentage of what you may notice. DON'T DO IT!
Generalization is a form of racism.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I can't speak for other countries, but atleast in America, the way I see it, it's less a matter of minorities (even though we are getting split, more in a moment), and more a matter of separating the 'weak' from the 'strong'.

I see a growing separation between high class and lower class-- the middle class is disappearing (but this had been said before). For example, my parents were mainly middle class a few years ago, and now they appear to be moving more into a higher class situation (not due in any way to job change or improvement).

I've been living a lower-class life while I was living in the city, and trust me, I've seen the greater struggle of the lower class not to maintain jobs, but simply to OBTAIN them. Even after the obtaining of a job by the ever-decreasing few, the pay and likelihood of moving up in the workplace seems impossible.

And the most alarming thing is, I've had roommates that graduated college, with degrees in what would be considered highly-useful fields, end up without jobs for months-to-years, or stuck in horrible jobs (waiting tables, etc.).

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
What about outsourcing?

All the tech jobs are being shipped to India for cheap labor.

A ton of manufacturing jobs are being shipped to Mexico for cheap labor.

I have a college degree and am having a very hard time keeping a steady job. Maybe we need to stop looking at society as a whole and start looking more at the companies that society relies on. I know the governor of Mich. just took arms against this process but I don't know what happened. America needs jobs but if companies ship out both jobs that require higher education and little education then this elimination of the middle class is what will happen.

As for the race thing about indians being cab drivers and hispanics being gardeners, I think ya need to look a little harder.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by thebeagle]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
NOTE: i am not a racist i am just typing MY observations and i mean NO disrespect...

is it just me or are minorities not getting alot of great job choices in life...

examples:

the ONLY indians i know of are cab drivers and deli owners...

the ONLY hispanic males i know have jobs of gardening and renevating and contractors etc...

the ONLY hispanic females/female blacks i know work in hospitals etc...

whats wrong with being a nurse, doctor, etc? those require college and pay pretty ok and anyways the medical profession has no room to be rascist or whatever because everything is so understaffed to even consider pushing anyone away.

gardening, home, cerpenter work and such...from what i see most do half assed jobs and are payed more than they deserve(i mean all races) so i dont see the issue here.

deli owners are deli owners by choice and work for themselves, so umm whats the issue there?
and cab drivers? man youre full of generalising here.

whats the issue here? having jobs? since when was having a job an unfair to anyone? i know plenty poor white people who dont get certain jobs, housing, welfare, college funding, etc just because they are NOT a minority, including myself.

its not all bad for minorities, heck in some states if youre a minority you can get into college with a lower grade than white people or even get accepted into one even if youre less deserving and the white one has better grades just because they are required to have a certain percentage of minorities in the school, and even get certain things easier because being a minority puts you as higher priority than a white in the same position...thats bs and unfair.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Moving this thread to RANT and please please keep it nice

new topics

top topics

join