It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to escape the city in Sit X

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS Rivers will be watched by air, as well as open areas such as open farm land, all open areas are hazard's. Think tactically, and move slowly when in cover... heading for high ground it a must... and I shouldn't have to go into a reason why.

Logic failure, right here. If rivers are watched, then high ground is watched. High ground silhouettes you. Don't kid yourself- if rivers are watched, go for the lowest ground that isn't submerged. High ground (peaks, summits, ridges) are an easy way to be spotted.

DE

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DeusEx

I am going to have to agree with you.

IF the rivers are being actively watched, then it would stand to reason that high ground is as well. Any SitX that calls for the precaution of avoiding roads and using cautious contact, if any, with others, would most likely land you a few weeks of unmonitored activity. It is in my opinion that the initial 'what the...' moment would buy us all some time from any sort of 'watchful eye'...

...this is assuming that said SitX is not on the order of hostile takeover or NWO type control.

The real lesson here: Getting the map is a good first step. Doing some research and planning out as many individual routes as possible for individual SitX scenarios is the next.

Each scenario will call for a different set of 'rules'. To think that one escape route will serve all scenarios is stacking the odds against you. To think that one route per individual scenario will serve you is also stacking those odds pretty high.

A miriad of routes out will leave you with the one thing every survivor needs to survive: Adaptability on the fly.

[edit on 9/21/0808 by spines]

[edit on 9/21/0808 by spines]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
it will be next to imposible to get out of a major city during a SITX situation ..sure maybe a few here and there will but majority wise? NOPE hell i cant even get out on the weekends lol ( i live in Phila PA)
but i will make damn sure im able to get home while the rest of the idiots are trying to get out ..... let me find a car infront of me refusing to move , I'LL MOVE IT FOR THEM

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In a major twist of irony and fate, I am about to move into the middle of the second largest city in Michigan. For the past few years I have been living in a much more opportune (for survival) place, but the job situation dried up. I have been unemployed for about a month now, and have literally been forced by my bills to take a job in a major city. This is something I have been purposely avoiding, and now fate and irony have placed me directly inside one of my fears, in the place that I had always said I would never live.

Now, I have been applying for career oriented positions that would have me out in survival area again, and am very hopeful that I am selected for one of those jobs. However, until then, I will now be stuck in the city. It really sucks, especially at a time when things are escalating out of control in the country.

I am baffled as to what to do now. My rig was set up for what would have been only a ten minute drive into the wilderness, and now I am 3 hours away from my bug out spots. Sure it would be mostly highway, but this means that I would have to leave a day before SHTF instead of being able to instantly gain access to the wild.

I am just ranting really, kind of scared. Can't believe that I am putting myself into a situation that could endanger me, all so that I can be a good citizen and pay my bills. Why can't I be more like those welfare jerks who feed off the government and use and abuse others? My sense of responsibility must have been deeply ingrained, cause I can't make sense out of this action. Why should I live in a place that I fear, just to pay bills?

I really hope that another job offer comes, as the one I want would put me either in Alaska or in the more northern part of the lower 48. Both jobs would be 50% travel time in the local area so I could easily ditch it into the wild when needed. Now that isn't the only reason I want those jobs, I just plain like the wilderness and would prefer that type of living over a big city any day.

This is just insane. I am about to go eat lunch, hop on my motorcycle, and check out the routes between where I am about to move, and the place of work. I know it is congested, even with direct access to freeways.

The things we force upon ourselves in this life...

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Ionized]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
best thing to realise is that if your leaving town then chances are loads and loads of other people will be too. So its prolly not road blocks you'd need to be worried about, it'd be sheer volume of traffic.

Road blocks take men and resources and if it was that serious either the troops would be ditching to go look after their families, OR would be needed at the actual source of the event to aid in clearing up / patrolling / quelling the problem.

What I've done is researched routes from all my usual locations (such as regular clients, my favourite bars etc) that use the highways as little as possible.

If you monitor a degrading situation, eg a war having chance of a nuke exchange then you should be better prepared than most to get away early and thus increasing your chances of survival. But its not always possible.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
First of all i wouldnt be in the city, more like as far from a city as can be. second, id escape via old sewer systems or live right on the fringe of the city and GTFO at the first signs of trouble

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Psyclon9]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join