It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would your faith be affected if Extraterrestrials were to come here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Nohup

... and then the mortifying dread would set in at the knowledge that we are no longer top of the intelligence or food chain, or necessarily anywhere near it. And that's a really bad place to be. Ask any chicken.

but seriously - how do we deal with the idea of a species - who we're NOT calling god - being so far ahead of us?

That's the whole point. At first it would be awe inspiring to think that we finally have an answer to one of more of the oldest questions of mankind. Then we'd quickly realize that our days of top dog are over, and it doesn't matter how we feel about it or how we'd deal with it, because it wouldn't be up to us anymore.

So when/if they show up, everybody who believes in God better start praying hard, particularly that the alien's version of God hasn't instructed them to take "dominion" over all lower forms of life.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Assuming the exterrestrials were very advanced and could travel in time - They would have to play snippets of history everything from Revolutionary war, WWII, to Christ dying on the cross. Then maybe I would listen. Don't come here preaching some baseless alien religion. Of course maybe they are atheist too. Either way I would have no reason to trust or believe them.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It seems that people are confusing faith with formal religion.No ones's faith should be shaken as faith is an inherit trait.Religion on the other hand has been used to control the people.The creator,created all the heavens and earth('s) It stands to reason that all life forms were created by by the same creator.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
daddy,
Yes, if as I believe their is a creator - then the extraterrestrials would be another creation.. Therefore, they could only function within God's will. Maybe they are meant to be a part of God's plan..maybe in end times..

BP

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join