It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why? Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Simple question people, Why do we believe in conspiracy theories?

What makes us think/believe there is more to things than what it seems? How come theres a minority that are willing to challenge the most popular or talked about beliefs?

Are we the enlightened ones? or are we paranoid, stupid and over analytical ?

Will we be proven wrong? Are we over dramatizing?

What makes you not follow the heard? Why do you think differently?

Has something made you behave like this or has something opened your eyes?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

For me personally, I have had it in me not to buy into the establishment too much. Not sure when it started but I do remember in school, when my teacher was talking about Insurance, and why we all need it. I remember challenging her on the whole concept of giving money to a company who is on a sure thing to profit, because the odds are that you may never need to call on them.

I argued that it may be cleverer to just save money yourself and put the premiums you pay normally, into your own savings account. She got very irate with me for not toeing the line but really did not have a good answer.

Seems trivial now but I have, since then, never (really) bought into government institutionalized indoctrination. My first instinct is to question motive. Who profits and why? It has only gotten stronger over the years.

Power to the people!

[edit on 17/9/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Good post, and I like your way of thinking. Question everything, no matter what your told or how your being told about it!

As you said, question motive, however sadly I don't think the majority of people do this any more and I'm sure they could all be lead in the wrong direction from a government or other party simply because they do not have the ambition or knowledge to question what they are being told.

I have always wanted to be a soldier, an infantry man to be precise, but I realised I couldn't achieve this dream as I could only follow orders of which I understood - I could not go blindly into doing something without knowing why.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

That is the paradox for some people who want to join the Army. It is the instinct to protect values, country and kin, but at the same time goes against the deep ingrained individuality that, obviously, you also possess.

Being a soldier in the regular Army demands that you join a flock and when you question it is difficult to take orders.

However, a Revolutionary force usually does need people who think, question, but at the same time have a need to protect values and causes greater than themselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I remember a book I read once, it mentioned that conspiracies should serve as a check and balance system by the people of the government.
Makes sense to me.
As for why I'm into them personally, well, there's more things in Heaven and Earth, right?

top topics

join