It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good ufo/alien movies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Can you guys recommend me good ufo/aliens movies.

Something somewhat serious.. Not like some dumb comedy lol.

Thanks guys

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi :-)
There is a thread here. There are a lot of great movies. All kinds/genre
Just a thought

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If you are into classic sci-fi, I would recommend 'This Island Earth', 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' and 'Forbidden Planet' is a no Brainer.

'The Arrival' is an okay movie, but it came out around the same time as 'Contact' and therefore was almost completely overlooked.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Start with these:

*Close encounters of the third kind (if you haven’t seen it)

*Fire in the sky

*Communion

These deal with the emotional and physical effects of the phenom on the witnesses and their families.
After you've watched those three come back and well talk more about "theoretical" UFO /alien movies and what they could represent or have in common!
I.E.>

*Alien (the entire series)

*The X-files movie

*Predator

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
CONTACT with Jodie Foster.

There is a scene where she is bombing through worm holes/portals in space then all of a sudden she slams to a stop and a lighted up space city comes into view....she gasps in total shock , choking on her own breath as she takes in the reality of what she is seeing, stunned and awed at this amazing vision ..., "they're alive ! " she says, her voice wavering with wonder, amazement , betraying the pounding adrenalin coursing around her heart.. her eyes welling up with emotion like she is witnessing some reverence- inspiring miracle, she is so moved , so touched, you can see her soul shining as if she has just discovered God is real.

A powerful scene.

it sends shivers down my spine every time I watch that part and makes me want to cry.

top topics

join