It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really want to believe this guy but how can I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hello all..Im new to all of this and so far its been great, I turned my attention to what most of of you have and just listened and tried not to judge but due to how far I live I cant get out to A51 so easily so Im depending on you to give some good info so here is what Im asking. I came across the Lazar story and website and I have to say its too fantastic for me to even sink my teeth into and Ive heard some outlandish stories especially being in the military, I do believe we are doing some serious stuff there and its on a need to know basis obviously but I was curious, What the heck is a Majestic clearance? Ive proudly served in the military and Ive never heard of a majestic clearance..Does it exist? and his w-2 statement read Department of Naval Intelligence? I thought it would read Department of the Navy and secondly, he was working for a contractor so wouldnt it say the contractors name, the contractor works for the Navy, The Navy pays the contractor and so on..am I right? Thanks guys

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I've not heard of this person, so I did a quick google search, and I have to say that I am a bit skeptical.

To the t points you mentioned - you are correct. To my knowledge there is an OFFICE of Naval Intelligence, but it falls under the DEPARTMENT of the Navy. Having worked as a contractor on several occasions, I can say for certain that your W-2 always reflects the company that signs the paycheck, not who pays the contractor company

Then there's his web site. It's full of fake looking video and totally fake (and not pretending to be real) pictures. I desperately want to believe, but I have to call BS on this guy

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Its a relief to know im not the only one then. Like I said I viewed the website but its just so fantasic, Maybe if he dumbed it down a little it would make for a better show. Are there nine hangars at A51?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Bob Lazaar has been debunked by many people. Google Stanton Friedman and you will find a plethora of information debunking lazaar.

that said, I personally am still on the fence. He does use the 'well the gov deleted all my records' which could always be the case. I think element 115 lends credence to his story.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

CM-

Our govt. and govts. across the world routinely hire private individuals to handle sensitive jobs such as this. (File under 'sensitive' as any number of questionable duties.) If they are already enlisted, their traceable credentials will be erased as long as the public knowledge of the job is a security risk. These records may or may not be re-instated later.

Due to the sensitive nature and security risk, it is necessary for our govt. to have what is called 'plausible deniability', so that it can't be blamed in the event that something goes wrong. Generally, these individuals report to only one person above them, to help keep a lid on what is going on.

Thats why there is rarely any traceable paperwork linking Lazar and some other individuals to their claims. This does not necessarily make them liars. Many times these people are severely mistreated and come forward in public to save themselves from elimination. Rest assured this a very real and tangible scenario.

The best approach to confirm or deny a person like Lazar's claims is gathering of corroborative eye-witness testimony to confirm or deny where and when an individual said he was, or what he did.

In the case of Lazar, we have at least two credible witnesses that confirm Lazar knew the flight test schedule at Area51. There's no way he could have known it if he didn't work at the facility.

See also:

Roland Haas: (nothing to do with Aliens, but another case of the govt. erasing a persons identity temporarily.)

[edit on 18-9-2008 by NightVision]

[edit on 18-9-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
To NIghtvision:
Thanks for the info, I found it refreshing and it only makes me lean more to believe Lazars story. I think maybe perhaps he has really opened pandoras box with this. I would like to know why we dont get Lazar on ATS and ask questions. Good idea?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I find it interesting of his claims of element 115 BEFORE the fact that scientist recently are studying element 115 now. I believe there was a thread about this but I could not weed through the complicated search feature in this site

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well,
It is another hoax as far as I am concerned always has been. I believe he was the first to wrongly refer to the "DEPARTMENT OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE" as you already pointed out, there is no such agency. It has always been the "OFFICE OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE". There is also a fake alien interrogation video that came out many years after Lazar and obviously, that hoaxer used Lazar's lack of knowledge in placing the text of "DNI" to make it appear official. For me, the easily made 'mistakes' allows for the hoax prognosis to become more apparent faster.
Welcome to ATS,
Vance

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Agreed. I think it would be a great idea for an ATS, but sadly, I think most of the ATS site owners have made up their minds about Lazar based purely on the fact that he has little/no traceable paperwork to Area51 (as if the govt. would let him!)

Stan Friedman, whom I have the utmost respect for, has alleged that Lazar is 'bunk', only because there's no paper record of him having attended MIT. It is obvious to me, this info. would be the first thing our govt. would erase.

When Ed Teller (whom Lazar claims hired him) was asked if he knew Bob Lazar he simply said "I will not answer that question". If he didn't work there, the appropriate answer would have been a simple "no." See a pattern here?

As well, Lazar stopped doing interviews in public a few years ago when he went back to work for the govt. Whats he doing now? Who knows, but he sure is keeping a tight lid on it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Well,
It is another hoax as far as I am concerned always has been. I believe he was the first to wrongly refer to the "DEPARTMENT OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE" as you already pointed out, there is no such agency.

There are many "Dept.'s" within our govt. that John Q Public has no knowledge of. DNI 'may' be one of them. To assume that there is no such agency is arrogant as well as ignorant in the face of this fact.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I can also agree with you on those bullet points as well Vance, The things that really stood out to me and being of average intelligence, maybe a little smarter than most but a rational thinker nevertheless was the W-2 statement and his "majestic" clearance..I have a security clearance and ive never heard of that one..is it a real clearance? Some of the things I can really believe, Im sure we have some big stuff going on there, Maybe its a newer version of the bad*** B-2 or maybe it is alien technology either way Im wanting to try and come out there an visit, I have an army buddy living in Vegas, I should call him..

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Well,
What ever he is doing for the Government is not classified. He couldn't get the lowest clearance for secret after what he has done around the country lol. Hoax it is but, even if he was telling the truth he wouldn't qualify because he has shown he can't keep a secret imaginary or not. Who knows, maybe he is back at los alamos cleaning the men's room once again. If he is, his check stub will say "Billy Bob's cleaners" or what have you not Department of Energy.
Vance

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

His records could have been erased thats easy, but has anybody ever thought to check maybe a yearbook or something like that.Something hard to can prove he attended school there, Surely the goverment can get to all the yearbooks.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You guys all Make good points, I have to say Im on the fence for now..I though DNI meant "DO NOT INVENTORY"..LOL..

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

That would be way too easy............how about asking former students if they ever seen this guy around campus, or at the library.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good point..some students must have seen this guy around...right?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not to mention not one teacher knows of him, he couldnt name any teachers correctly. I think he guessed at a name of a teacher of one of the colleges he went to, not MIT, something like L.A city college or something. But fact remains, he is nowhere to be seen in ANY yearbook or student census for any year range he has ever given for MIT. Not one, ONE, student has back up his claim of his educational experience.

If he really had garnered the exp necessary to have this kind of clearance at area 51, he would have HAD to work closely with professors while working on different thesis, independent studies, and such. Yet none exists? Puh-lease, I say.

The ONLY 2 things that works in his favor is

A, his knowledge of activity in the Area 51 area before it became mainstream

B, element 115

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Well,
What ever he is doing for the Government is not classified. He couldn't get the lowest clearance for secret after what he has done around the country lol. ven if he was telling the truth he wouldn't qualify because he has shown he can't keep a secret imaginary or not.

Lazar claims he went public because of a threat made to him by his superiors. This seems a rational course of action to take if your life is threatened and you want it documented.

So where is your proof that what Lazar is doing is not classified? At this point Lazar has more proof for his claims than you do. Are you aware the U.S. Govt. hired Nazi Scientists and Physicists to seed our Space Program immediately following WWII? That's a dead giveaway our govt. will hire people with special intelligence, even at a high risk.

Who knows, maybe he is back at los alamos cleaning the men's room once again. If he is, his check stub will say "Billy Bob's cleaners" or what have you not Department of Energy.
Vance

I understand you are attempting humor here. I'm afraid by drumset is missing at the moment. Forgive me.

(Buh-dum-psssshhhh)

new topics

top topics

join