It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Tattoo Message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Dear everybody,
i attend a college in the uk,im currently doing a Barbering course thats been running for two weeks now.I was in class today,one young man aged about 20...easy going and friendly like any other 'normal' person.He has a tattoo on his right forearm.i noticed is seen as it really caught my eye by the look of it,to me it looks rather distinctive/subliminal.
Could anyone help me with what this tattoo may mean or stand for?

Heres the picture of drew of it :

[edit on 17-9-2008 by N3RDz]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't think it's subliminal, just seems to be a tatto.
Taken from the bottom up, with the stylized B, the mirrored lower case "r", and then the flame...
Brother Flame? As for the numbers, dunno.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Maybe your right? but the numbers is what makes it seem rather subliminal to me,i thought it might of been a birth date of some sort but as you can see there are Four pairs of numbers.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I see a fire symbol.

I see the astrological symbol for Aries.

I see a stylized 13.

Aries is a fire sign, and he may have been born on the 13th. Or has chosen to adopt the number and it's cultural significance for personal reasons, such as the "unlucky 13" meme.

First impressions on the symbols alone.

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
HEre's a though. Since it's his tat, and most tattoo's are very personal to the person, why not just go up to him and say, "Nice tat....I was just curious if it had any special meaning or something?"

Better to get the answer from him than to speculate about any wild subliminal meanings no?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
^seconded.

That really is a neat tat.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Has this coworker done prison time? Maybe the numbers are his prison number. Anyway, it is certainly a unique tat.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No im quite certain he hasn't,hes very polite and intellegant to be honest.

maybe i wil ask him when i get to know him well throughout the course.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Prison tattoos usually have a different style and imagery to them.

He sounds like a member of the alternative set.

Just two cents there.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
anyone ever hear of black label skateboards?

been around for a while and the flame looks similar

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3RDz
Dear everybody,
i attend a college in the uk,im currently doing a Barbering course thats been running for two weeks now.I was in class today,one young man aged about 20..easy going and friendly like any other 'normal' person.He has a tattoo on his right forearm.i noticed is seen as it really caught my eye by the look of it,to me it looks rather distinctive/subliminal.
Could anyone help me with what this tattoo may mean or stand for?

Heres the picture of drew of it :

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah - good point. I forgot about their logo.

I've currently got a small pin with a similar fire sign on it, but it's cross referenced with the Grateful Dead "Steal your Face" motif and a jolly roger - it was a freebie from a small touring band that stopped by last year.

There are a lot of similar memes floating around these days. That fire could represent so many things it's unbelievable.

I'm wishing I could meet this guy and just ask him directly.

I hate this sort of speculation based on nothing more than just a symbol set, I'll run through every association I can concieve of and it gives me a headache after a while.

20 somethings are running a new take on an old program. You never know what angle their coming from somethimes with their choices of tattoos and imagery - it really is best just to ask.

And as far as subliminal? I just don't see it.

[edit on 9/17/08 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I dont think you have to "get to know him". Just go up and ask him.

I have some tattoos and have been asked by complete strangers who did the work (as that is a good way to find a good artist) and been asked what it means. I also am ALWAYS asking strangers where they get their work done, because that is how I find good artists!

I would suggest...next time you see him....go up to him and say: I like your tattoo....where did you get it done and what does it mean

Im sure he would be happy to tell you!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I dont think you have to "get to know him". Just go up and ask him.

Im not here on tips how to make relationships thanks...i think i'll ask him and let you guys know.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by N3RDz

I know you stated that you're in the UK, but is he British born, or American? I'm trying to parse the number, 25181808, and if the tat is fresh, its possible that 251 is somehow significant to something that happened on August 18th of this year. But a Brit wouldn't write the date 8/18/08, he'd write it 18/8/08 which doesn't mash. Just a guess. (And if he were not a 20 yr old in the uk, but a 50 year old in the US, he could be this guy who IS, coincidentally, an Ares.

top topics

join