It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hack's Palin's Yahoo Email

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

How do you not get this?

These were her personal email accounts. These were not official government accounts. They contained personal information and pictures.

This is a violation of privacy. And one that should be punished to the full extent of the law. Just as it should for anyone.

Don't worry mate, they're most likely just not able to differentiate between THIS and something like someone hacking Paris Hilton's mobile phone. It's all just part of the 'game' they enjoy - in all it's juicy goodness. A corrupt, illegal and underhanded game for wannabes.

Should someone intercept a personal conversation between d11 and one of their counterparts, where they discuss personal things, you can guarantee they would be the loudest participants in any forum. I guarantee that.

But it's just easier to attack than think coherently, I guess.
d11 has proven that time and time again, at least in my experience.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I can see your point, but the penalties for hacking are already severe enough. Depending on the crime, you can spend up to 20+ years in prison!!!! I'm a hacker and I feel that this is ridiculously stringent. Most hackers are ethical and just trying to prove a point. I think that they proved a point here pretty well that people in government have no security sense and should have been briefed or had a security class which explained to them that Web based email is NOT secure and should NEVER be used for professional business purposes. Imagine what kind of havoc could have happened if the hackers decided to actually use the email to social engineer information out of other acquaintances in her address book.. Sure, these hackers broke the law and probably should be penalized for the crime.. but don't try to tell me the laws aren't sever enough, have you even looked at the cyber-terrorism\computer fraud and abuse acts??? Hacking basically means you are a terrorist nowadays.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here's a newsflash regarding the issue from BBC:

the Link.

-v

PS.
reply to post by nyk537

Originally posted by nyk537
These were her personal email accounts. These were not official government accounts. They contained personal information and pictures.

Politicians shouldn't have such thing as a privacy. They are in public service and everything they do should be observed - even when they go into bathroom.

If it can be proven that they used personal emails in governmental affairs, I think it is just fair thing to do hack her account (assuming that it was hers).

[edit on 18-9-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Being a thoughtful human being, I don't just buy everything I am told.
Try it sometime.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Amen, brother or sister. Ain't that the truth! Not funny that the majority of the rightwingers still don't see it for what it is. We are 5 minutes away from everything we hold dear being gone!

McCain screwed millions in the late 80s with his "Keaton 5" deregulation scandal. Did he learn his lesson? No, he was never held accountable! Now we are seeing the effects of his chief economic advisor, (drawing a blank on his name at the moment) and his pressure that ended regulation for more financial marketplaces that has lead to what we are seeing now with credit, housing, and financial market clapses while he has the gall to claim that our economy's fundamentals are sound! (Lies, and bud you are one of those that made this problem)

I am in TOTAL agreement with you, as toI do not see how so many can still stand with the Republicans and the GOP as they have caused problems that will still be getting fixed when I am a great-great grandfather (granted mankind is still around and at the rate we going, I am not betting on it)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A new low by obama follower's to hack a candidates email.
only to discredit them.

why do i say it's obama follower's?

do you see obama getting his email hacked to show his dirty secret's?
no you don't.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Wow. Now its ok to hack into people's email to get dirt on them. Coverup? Yeah right. More like trying to prevent a leak of someone's privacy. This goes to show that if you are not on the side of the Left, they can do whatever they want to you.

Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.......means nothing to you people?

Whoa, I think you need to back off on the 'left' slams. To me, being a lifelong republican, this is EXACTLY what the Bush administration has attempted with their use of GOP backed private email accounts. We are missing years and years worth of government emails.

If this was you or me I would have to agree with the comment of an 'invasion' of privacy. However, since this administration has made it legal for them to spy on email accounts I would say that you are kind of hypocritical. Unless of course you do not support the republicans but just Palin.

Now, onto the important part of this story. SHE CANNOT USE PERSONAL EMAIL FOR SENDING ANYTHING TO WORK! That is a way for her to circumvent the 'open' government speech she and McCain keep preaching. It is what the Bush administration has done and we all know where that has lead.

If she wants her personal email accounts then she needs to use them to contact other 'personal' email accounts only. If she ever needs to contact anyone in government then she MUST use her government provided and protected AND ARCHIVED email account.

There is plain and simply too much that can be conveniently 'deleted' by using a personal account. Government is already corrupt enough as it is and if she truly stands behind what she is saying then she will understand.

She is a VERY public figure right now so she must expect ruthless attacks on her privacy like this. I'm not saying it is right, just that she needs to expect it and thus STOP USING PERSONAL EMAIL ACCOUNTS FOR WORK!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sarah Palin Email Hack Traced to Chicago

www.rightpundits.com...

According to an internet security expert located in San Francisco, Gabriel Ramuglia, the Palin email hackers were careless and left a digital trail. That trail leads directly to a server site in Chicago which happens to be the city where all of Obama’s men plot their daily moves. Mr. Ramuglia says that their electronic signature will be easily obtained from the server logs at that site.

stay tuned

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
A new low by obama follower's to hack a candidates email.
only to discredit them.

why do i say it's obama follower's?

do you see obama getting his email hacked to show his dirty secret's?
no you don't.

Well, to try and be fair, IS he using PERSONAL email accounts to send email to co-workers and such? Because if he is then it MUST be brought out. Believe me, if he is, then the GOP hackers will be searching HARD for it.

As for dirty tricks. Well, let's just look at both sides here. I am embarassed to have once called myself a republican. Does this mean I am a democrat? Hell no. However, once thing I can say, and mean, is that both sides have resorted to such lows in their attacks (more so on the republican side if I am being honest) that it disgusts me. I seriously want to vomit when I see the ads now knowing full well that they are full of....well, poop.

You also know it is bad when Karl Rove even calls out McCain on going 'too far' in his 'lies' about the opposing candidate. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING.

My god people, WAKE UP! It's not about republican or democrat. Left or right. Liberal or conservative.

If you blindly support one side and think that everything the other side does is evil or misguided, then THEY HAVE WON and you have been completely bamboozled and led along like a sheep to slaughter. YOU have been baited and caught.

Please, for the sake of this country, for the children that have a very shady future right now, OPEN YOUR EYES and stop swallowing what each side has to negatively say about the other. WE ARE AMERICANS and need to stand together as such.

Yet it won't happen because you believe that what Palin did with using personal email for work purposes was right.

Joke.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

Amen to you. It's the typical political dance. As was pointed out, he voted FOR what is now taking place in the financial market. Not saying it was HE alone but just to show you ALL that these people will say and do ANYTHING to get voted in.

"Do what I say, not what I do" seems to be the popular phrase spouted off by politicians.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
-- Palin's admitted email problems

There are no 'admitted' email problems.
Or do you have a newslink that shows there are 'admitted' problems?
If so - please post it.

Originally posted by percievedreality
Not funny that the majority of the rightwingers still don't see it for what it is.

Not funny that the many of the radical left wingers still don't see this hack job for what it is .... ILLEGAL.

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Sarah Palin Email Hack Traced to Chicago

Delicious!

Just an illegal hacker kid ... or more Chicago mobsters and/or their built up empty suit politicians trying to disrail the GOP through illegal tactics ?????

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Go anonymous. This vp candidate's lies deserve to be exposed.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Oh, yeah.

That's bulletproof logic.

You hacked Sarah Palin's email. How do I know this? I didn't hear anything about you complaining that your email accounts were hacked.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
As was pointed out, he voted FOR what is now taking place in the financial market.

Article here

In an effort to ward off the crisis that we have today, McCain introduced the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005. Democrats voted it down.

McCains efforts were blocked by Barney Frank (D) who said –

"These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

Then we get H.R.2895 (110th Congress) - National Affordable Housing Trust Fund Act of 2007 Sponsored by (Democrat) Rep. Barney Frank who is on the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, House Financial Services committees.

The purpose of this democratically sponsored bill - To establish the National Affordable Housing Trust Fund in the Treasury of the United States to provide for the construction, rehabilitation, and preservation of decent, safe, and affordable housing for low-income families.

This contributed to the situation we have today.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venit

You are promoting illegal activities. Oh .. and all this 'anonymous' did was expose that Govenor Palin DID NOT LIE. Have you read the information?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think you are missing the point. The laws that were passed originally that allowed these financial institutions to get into trouble was voted on and passed easily in the 80's. HE was one that voted for it. Yes, he changed his tune later on. Yes, the democrats voted against his new tune. I was simply making a point that BOTH sides are as corrupt as a week old egg left out in the sun.

The TRUE change that needs to take place is a complete revamping of the party system and the removal of nearly all of the current reigning politicians. The efforts of the government MUST be made transparent to the public since it is the public that is paying for it. We have a right to it.

With that said, it brings this discussion back on topic. The practices of the republican party with 'personal' email accounts within government has been made very public. When a sitting administration can't provide documentation of their communications we have a SERIOUS problem. With the history of this administration and the outright LIES I say that we MUST stamp out the use of personal, non-trackable email accounts for ANYONE in government. Period. If you choose to lead this life then you must be willing to be a public figure in every aspect of the word. You do NOT have a private life anymore because you have chosen a path to serve.

It's just unfortunate that many in this current administration think otherwise. They seem to have the idea that they are there to control.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh come on, she's a horrible person. And yes, i've been aware of this for longer than you.

link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What does that opinion piece you cited have to do with the actual news piece that it cited? In the original news piece there is no mention of Obama or any person, group, or organization affiliated with him. The only mention is Chicago. And Chicago could just represent one hop along the way to wherever. Just like any Internet trail that goes anywhere.

The information at the moment is on a server at a Chicago colocation site owned by FDC Servers. Logs are automatically flushed after seven days, so the clock is ticking for law enforcement, who presumably are under intense pressure to protect the privacy of a candidate for the White House. Of course, there's always the possibility that Ctunnel.com was only one of multiple anonymization services the email hackers used to cover their tracks, but there's only one way to find out.
www.theregister.co.uk...

The source you cited is biased and weasley in the extreme.

link   
I support anonymous in doing this. I hope they would do the same for the rest of the candidates, but they most likely are smart enough not to use yahoo for anything more than trivial.

'Cyber-terrorism', which is missing the most basic component of 'terrorism' (violence), is looking to be a viable option for exposing the true nature of our sociological-political system. If our government refuses to tell the truth, then a good option for getting the truth is hack their systems (hurting no one) and get it, another option is to accept ignorance.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Venit

You are promoting illegal activities. Oh .. and all this 'anonymous' did was expose that Govenor Palin DID NOT LIE. Have you read the information?

yes there are many emails to .gov email accounts, the titles would suggest that these mails are goverment related

which would mean she used private emails for goverment buisness

so did you read it?

and as for promoting illegal activities omg noes!!! yes its illegal but some of us have a wicked sense of humour and see the funny side of some of thier illegal activity .... doesnt make me a criminal.

im sure in your life time youve broken the law or seen others brake the law and been happy or even cheered about it

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join