It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hack's Palin's Yahoo Email

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just saw this pop up on my Google Desktop alerts. Haven’t seen it on ATS yet and my searches yielded no results. This should be of interest to anyone following the whole Palin VP deal and also the recent “exploits” of Anonymous. Sounds like Mrs. Palin may be in some hot water and according to Wikileaks is trying to destroy her email records.

Wikileaks Link

Circa midnight Tuesday the 16th of September (EST) activists loosely affiliated with the group 'anonymous' gained access to U.S. Republican Party Vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin's Yahoo email account [email protected] and passed information to Wikileaks. Governor Palin has come under criticism for using private email accounts to conduct government business and in the process avoid transparency laws. The zip archive made available by Wikileaks contains screen shots of Palin's inbox, two example emails, address book and a couple of family photos. The list of correspondence, together with the account name tends to re-enforce the criticism.

The list of emails include an exchange with Alaskan Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell about his campaign for Congress.

Another screenshot shows Palin's inbox and an e-mail from Amy McCorkell, whom Palin appointed to the Governor's Advisory Board on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse in 2007.

The e-mail, a message of support to Palin, tells her not to let negative press get to her and asks Palin to pray for McCorkell, who writes that "I need strength to 1. keep employment, 2. not have to choose."

According to Kim Zetter of Wired Magazine, McCorkell confirmed that she did send the e-mail to Palin.

Following the release of this story, both Sarah Palin's better known account [email protected] and the [email protected] account have been suspended or deleted as revealed by a test email sent to these addresses by Wikileaks. Although the reasons for the deletion of both accounts can not not yet be established, one interpretation is that Palin is trying to destroy her email records.

Wikileaks may release additional emails should they prove be of political substance.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Its very easy to hack yahoo emails.
Im surprised she would use one having access to secure government email.
Its a little irresponsible to be talking of government things on a free email account at yahoo.
Silly woman.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Its a little irresponsible to be talking of government things on a free email account at yahoo.
Silly woman.

Yeah, seriously! I would never use a Yahoo account for anything remotely "professional"...especially as an elected official! Then there is the issue that by using a non .gov e-mail account she is trying to 'hide' her correspondence from public scrutiny. So much for that!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wikileaks is down.

foolish to use mail like that indeed.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Weird...I had trouble following a link from a news article (forgot where now..) to the Wikileaks screenshot of Palin's email. But when I went to the Wikileaks main page I was able to access it. Probably lots of traffic right now...I think the story just came out.

Oooh my first breaking news post that wasn't a duplicate already!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shipovfools

Here is the WikiLeaks page:

http://__._/wiki/Sarah_Palin_Yahoo_inbox_2008

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you want a good analysis of the situation (so far), check out the following link

gawker.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The wiki page IS DOWN !!! Cover up in progress.. Lets hope they can get the whole pack on pirate bay .. GO ANNON !! For the people BY THE PEOPLE !!!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you people hoping that something negative will come of this...but it won't.

In reality, if this goes MSM it will only serve to further enhance public perception that the media is actively trying to destroy Palin. This will increase her standing among a lot of voters I think.

This will backfire big time. Mark my words.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wow. Now its ok to hack into people's email to get dirt on them. Coverup? Yeah right. More like trying to prevent a leak of someone's privacy. This goes to show that if you are not on the side of the Left, they can do whatever they want to you.

Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.......means nothing to you people?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I hope to dear God that this goes mainstream! The same people that want to protect "freedoms" enjoyed on the internet are going to destroy it with actions such as these. That's why Democrats like big government. They need big government to step in because they can't behave themselves on their own!

[edit on 17-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You know it will CreeWolf.

The media won't be able to help itself. They will see this as an opportunity to put Palin away.

What they don't realize is that most of American will rally behind Palin in support on this issue.

This is a privacy violation. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
How bout we wait and see what dirt's brought out. Americans may be dumb . But also LOVE a good scandle..

BTW wasnt she calling for a more "transparent" government? How much more transparent can ya get?

And If her email was on a secure server this wouldn't have happened in the first place . I do believe she was warned MANY times about it . I think its her bad now.

And you all gonna trust her with nation security secrets? HAHAHA NOOBS

[edit on 17-9-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hackers are common criminals that belong in jail. That is the real story here. There is no difference between this and breaking into someones home and stealing their mail. None. Thieves are thieves and hackers are thieves. Even worse than stealing property, they steal our privacy.

Think about how you would feel if I hacked your private mail and forwarded it to the world? Same thing.

One thing is clear, they need to enhance the penalties for hacking to so much jail time, even the little creeps who do this will stop.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

*SNIP*

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 17/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You got it Blaine91555. And that's how a lot of American will see this as well. Regardless of what kind of "dirt" may come out of this, the public is going to rally around Palin here.

This will be a huge backfire!

Oh and d11_m_na_c05,

I'll trust her with my country for sure. What I don't trust is anyone who uses the word "noobs" in a sentence.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I can answer that for you pretty quickly.

Because it's an illegal violation of privacy!

That's not a partisan issue, so don't try to make it one by derailing this thread.

*Oops. Looks like someone beat me to the punch*

[edit on 17-9-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If someone broke into my house and built exact replicas of my stuff without taking anything ... I probably wouldn't be too mad .. Nothing is missing .

Its like piracy . Making a COPY isn't theft . Its making a copy.

I believe in a transparent government. Too bad it takes "hackers" to bring that to us !!!

RE:nyk537 Noob is in the dictionary.. Do you have a problem with the English language? -Communist
(J/k) that's your line .

[edit on 17-9-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

How do you not get this?

These were her personal email accounts. These were not official government accounts. They contained personal information and pictures.

This is a violation of privacy. And one that should be punished to the full extent of the law. Just as it should for anyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

We all make choices in this life. We can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Hackers are definitely part of the problem. Many seem to see the dirt on Palin as the story. I see the crime committed as the real story. The people reading the emails, knowing they are the product of a crime are the same as the people who buy stolen goods on the street. No amount of rationalization will ever change that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join