It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fill Up on Gasoline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
does anyone know anything, have any speculations or have read any theories or threads telling when gas IS going UP???

i want to make sure i'm full up RIGHT before it sky rockets... and it will.

i just can't figure out when, because even with the market like it is now, the dollar is going up!

Caps lock edit

[edit on 17-9-2008 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Isnt it very unpreditable though i mean it could happen at anytime really but dont worry about it hough it does no good panicking

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
why would gas go up, oil is traded in dollars mostly. is there a corralation that i'm missing? honest question.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

where are you going to store all the gas you are going to stock up on? All I have is the tanks in the cars and a few gas cans for the lawn equipment. It would seem that at least that aspect of the economy is getting better not worse. As the dollar gets better, spending by consumers should go up and releave some of the economic pressure. As long as the remaining big banks can hold on and the media stops pushing the gloom and doom forcast on us, we might turn this recession arround before it turns into a depression. If not, then were all gonna die.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dollar is nosediving...oil thru the roof................

Scroll down to Kitco Charts..........

www.dollarcollapse.com...

But subject to change........

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oil is at $95 a barrel, down from a high of $147.

The Dollar against the Euro:

The surge in gasoline prices from Ike will be over in a couple of weeks most likely.

The trend is dollar up and oil down contrary to the predictions seen at ATS of the collapse that failed to occur.

The most unpopular Congress in history is trying to pass a phony bill to allow drilling in area's where there is little oil and no drilling in area's where the oil really is, because more than 70% of voters are demanding they open up drilling so they are trying to trick us.

Pelosi has put herself in the position of Energy Policy Dictator and could care less. Unless the Bill changes and Pelosi follows the super-majority wishes of US Voters, oil will go up again.

Our do nothing Congress could care less what we want. I suspect many of them, both Democrat and Republican, are profiting from the high oil prices in some way.

The equipment is in house to drill at ANWAR. Modern techniques pose no threat to the environment. I understand ANWAR could be producing within three years if allowed to go forward. The location in ANWAR is a salt marsh home only to mosquitoes. They are so opposed to it for some reason they are going to extreme lengths to lie to people in the lower 48 about it. Something does not smell right about the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

I see they are using those daily charts to hide the real trend. Making the evidence fit their theory. From the name of the site, their survival depends on the dollar tanking.
Unbiased

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"Modern tecniques pose no threat to the environment"!!!!????
Are you nuts??? The ANWR is a pristine environment that has barely felt the touch of the human hand. As far as it being a mosquito infested swamp, well that describes a very large part of the State of Alaska. If you really think that drilling for oil in this area is a good idea then why wasnt it done 30 years ago? This area has been discussed time and time again as a 'way out' of our dependance on oil from the middle east. But that in and of itself is a farce, considering the fact that we get most of our oil from Canada and drilling platforms in the North Sea. 20% or less comes from middle eastern countries.
This is a prime example of the decietful nature of the U.S. government. Deluding the people of this country into believing that the middle east oil fields are vital to the continued prosperity and well being of this nation, and using this as an excuse or justification to continue an illegal war. Which begs the question,"why are we there in the first place?"
Any area that is intended for oil extraction will be destroyed. The ecological impact will be un-repairable for at least 1000 years. Does the fact that it is a relatively unattractive place mean that we have the right to destroy it?

[edit on 17-9-2008 by spookjr]

[edit on 17-9-2008 by spookjr]

top topics

join