It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRACHING SOFTWARE ON MY COMPUTER!!!HELP ME!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

As I was going on to ATS I got a message saying as follows.
Warning. Important Message!!!
� You are seeing this message, because we have detected that you have tracking software installed in your machine. (more info)�

� This is not a virus, but a program in your machine that monitors and transmits all of your online activities, and is a serious violation of
your privacy. �
� Below is a link to a free scanner to download that will find and remove all spyware programs on your machine:� Get the scanner

What's that telling you? Ever since I started looking up stuff on the Government and saying alot of things over the phone ( I know they have big computers to monitor it) . I need any and all theories you have. I am scared. 'All online activity' means EVERYTHING!E-mail, chat anything! That or it could be a cleverly disguised virius. One wrong move and I'll be arrested.

Thank you all

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It could be one of them random e mails..

i think i have had a simular one in the past.
but i could be wrong?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Its a bogus pop-up? I may be mistaken, but I have recieved that message while hitting other sites.
Subsequently did:
Norton scanned..nothing.
Ad-Wared it....nothing.
Spy-Botted...nothing.

seekerof

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Seekerof]

link   
Was this an Internet Explorer (or Netscape Nav.) window? If so, I would disregard it.

If it was a Microsoft Winblows Window (like a Visual Basic window), then I would certainly take it more seriously.

Due to the fact that it had a link, I would guess it was a IE Window, and was probably brought on as a ploy to get you to click the link.

But you are obviously shaken, so go download something like Ad Aware or Spybot.

Good luck.

link   
No - its not the Government. Its spyware. Basically cookies that have been put on your machine by advertisers. They are complete pains in the arse.
However, you can get rid of them by using Adaware and Spybot S&D

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hydra,

DO NOT WORRY MAN! I got the same damn message on my computer a few nights ago. I just closed it though.....it was nothing more then another 'clever' pop-up to grab your much wanted attention. B.t.w I haven't had any trouble or agents at my door yet. So I'm not worried.

~Starcraft kicks ash!~

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yeah, the government isn't stupid enough to make a bug on your computer detectable soo easily. If they did they would be screwed over by now. Anyways, I get those pop ups all the time when I go on third party sites. Just a common thing for those people to give you a trojan virus or something.
Conclusion-Just A Pop Up.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hahaha. Dude, it's just an ad. A scam. Like those "CONGRATULATIONS YOU'VE JUST WON $50!!!!! CLICK HERE TO REDEEM IT" ads. Those are annoying because they flash.

On the other hand, I find these ads to be quite amusing. There was a variation of this ad and whilst I was on the Internet at school, some stupid girls ran across one of these ads and thought they won $50. It told them to call a number. Anyways, they did and while I was laughing my arse off the teacher took their cell phone and yelled at them and made them get off the computer. It was priceless

DoD

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
First you need to go onto www.download.com.com (yes it is .com.com don't ask) then search for a program called spybot downbload and install it then run the search and destroy function and all your problems will disappear i would also recomend downloading a fire wall called zone alarm also form www.download.com.com under search zone labs

it will stop the software from being reinstalled on your P.C

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
be careful of downloading lesser know pop up or tracking software removal programs...often those are spyware themselves..... personally i wouldnt use zone alarm ive heard of it being hacked too many times, same for black ice and its derivatives

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by spangbr]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
zone alarm is ok but some spyware is programed to know zone alarms gi and can grant itself acess to the net when zome alarms confirmation dailogue pops up.
its is easy to use, zone labs may have even fixed that issue by now.
if not sygate might be worth a look its easy to set up and very secure as firewalls go.
one more thing is you may want to get a router

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I love it when people come to me asking this question insisting to me that "evil hackers" are tracking them. Makes me wanna throw my monitor out the window

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt
Makes me wanna throw my monitor out the window

LMAO... sorry, but I just can't think of someone throwing a monitor threw a window and not laugh. It's just too funny. Just like beating an old printer with a baseball bat, it's always funny.

But the guy/gal here didn't insisted much, in fact he/she haven't replied to the thread yet.

But I share the same opinion as almost everybody else, it's just a bogus pop-up scam, that try to trick you into downloading their software, wich will probably be free for only 30 days or something like that.

new topics

top topics

join