It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Ticket Cameras to Track Drivers Nationwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Photo Ticket Cameras to Track Drivers Nationwide

www.thenewspaper.com

Private companies in the US are hoping to use red light cameras and speed cameras as the basis for a nationwide surveillance network similar to one that will be active next year in the UK. Redflex and American Traffic Solutions (ATS), the top two photo enforcement providers in the US, are quietly shopping new motorist tracking options to prospective state and local government clients. Redflex explained the company's latest developments in an August 7 meeting with Homestead, Florida officials.
It allows officials to keep full video records of passing motorists and their passengers, limited only by available hard drive space and the types of cameras installed. To gain public acceptance, the surveillance program is being initially sold as an aid for police looking to solve Amber Alert cases and locate stolen cars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Wolf321]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Looks like Big Brother is gonna get a whole lot bigger if this happens. I guess it is going to help free up police from traffic violations so they can spend more time employing the taser unnecessarily. Yeah police state!

www.thenewspaper.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Actually, couldn't we just fire half the police force of the nation if this scheme is implemented?

OTOH, this is total Orwellian BS!! Yet another prod for me in the direction of selling my car and riding my bike everywhere!

join