It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Markets Halted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
9/17/08 Russian Markets Report

Sept. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Russian markets stopped trading for a second day after emergency funding measures by the government failed to halt the biggest stock rout since the country's debt default and currency devaluation a decade ago.

This in spite of bailouts!

Yep, it's Global.

sty

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Russia really made a mistake with going for Georgia conflict ! Now it become one of the most "unsafe" country for investment , while all the countries are struggles to attract investment and keep the businesses financed. It looks like the war between Russia and Georgia was won by the banking cartel in the end ..

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Can some more info be shared on this...............

1-Isn't Russia attempting to have their currency fully backed by Gold?
(major purchase last year)
2-Where does the Lindsey Williams scenario of dropping oil to ~$50 then having the US dollar dropped in favor another currency ie. primarily the euro and Iranian rial or Rouble.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i doubt that news, Russians now are the richest people on the planet, look in england ! they can't stop buying whole freaking block of houses ! football clubs, many many big areas of land. !

and these are so called middle class people from Russia.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
Russia really made a mistake with going for Georgia conflict ! Now it become one of the most "unsafe" country for investment , while all the countries are struggles to attract investment and keep the businesses financed. It looks like the war between Russia and Georgia was won by the banking cartel in the end ..

This is what I've heard also. Most of the "European" has been pulled from Russia since Georgia and the other statements made by various Russia officials about future conquests.

The price of falling oil and metal commodities will also hurt them. These markets are being controlled to add more pain for them.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Are ya'll missing this part?

The government yesterday injected $20 billion into the interbank lending market via central bank and Finance Ministry auctions in a bid to contain soaring borrowing rates as credit dried up in the wake of the Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. bankruptcy. The one-day MosPrime overnight rate, a gauge for monitoring liquidity demand, leapt 25 basis points to a record 11.08 percent today.

Same Link as First Post

The foreign markets are heavily invested in OUR (the US) toilet paper.

Note this is a US source of information, if they could blame it on Russia's actions alone, I suspect they would have elaborated on that point.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Not that the other issues aren't any impact too, there is definately some repercussions of the threads posted above mine, I just want to make sure everyone realizes the implications of US actions on the foreign markets, and that regardless of what Russia has been up to our financial failures are taking down more than just us.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Russia are right to do this.

Shame all the different centers couldn't come together to bring down london which is the center of it all.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The singular dependency of Russia's economy on oil exports has come homne to roost...

Can't waitto see what happens if and when the oil prices go further down.

new topics

top topics

join