It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush oks bunker busters to Israel for Iran!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Bush oks bunker busters for Iran!

www.israeltoday.co.il

n an apparent about-face, the Bush Administration announced on Friday that it has decided to approve the sale of 1,000 advanced bunker-buster bombs to Israel.

The US Department of Defense announced the planned sale, which will significantly improve Israel's strike capability, despite reservations that Jerusalem is planning to attack Iran's nuclear facilities.

The particular bomb approved for the sale is the Guided Bomb Unit-39 (GBU-39), which despite weighing only 250 pounds carries the destructive power of a one-ton bomb.

Earlier in the month, Washington reportedly denied a request by Israel for bunker-buster bombs and a flight corridor through Iraqi airspace.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.haaretz.com

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Uh oh!

Could this be the October surprise? I most certainly hope not. If so I hope it stays between Iran and Israel.

I don't know much about the validity of any of these source but since I found it in more than one place I wondered.

www.israeltoday.co.il
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Nevermind fixed it myself

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I think this was already posted somewhere around here.
I remember it being weird that one day condy was saying no no no no no NO! bunker busters for you joo's!
Then the next day it was like yeah sure ok why not have a few thousand devastating destructive bunker busters.
Was kind of a quick swing on the decision.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Ah. I did a search but didn't find anything so posted it. First I've heard of them approving it. Knew they were saying no to the bombs and the airspace access.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

Ah. I did a search but didn't find anything so posted it. First I've heard of them approving it. Knew they were saying no to the bombs and the airspace access.

Yeah that's ok I understand the search function is something to be understood yet by me it gives 50000 results I have to wade through.
Yeah it was a fairly quick turn around as I remember in the thread people were saying why such a sudden change in policy?
And the only thing I could think of was the fact the Israeli's might have upped the price so it was to good to be true.
However the airforce only pays around $30,000 for each of these bombs.
So depending on the price they are selling them at.
It wouldn't really be all that much money.
So perhaps it was just some other policy decision we are yet to learn.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

How long ago do you reckon it was they agreed to give them to Israel? Long enough for them to be in Israeli hands? Or maybe not until October?
If it all happens my only wish is for the fighting to stay between Israel and Iran and not escalate into full blown WWIII. Winter's coming. I don't want to fight in the cold!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well the first report said the US refuses to sell them and turns down the deal.
Then it was only maybe a few days later they agreed.
However they have been asking them for months.
But the news reports only came out a few days before THEY AGREED to sell them saying they refused it.
Then 2 days later they agree.
Im sure its all some kind of setup who knows.
At the end of the day they are getting the advanced bunker busters.

www.haaretz.com...

The security aid package the United States has refused to give Israel for the past few months out of concern that Israel would use it to attack nuclear facilities in Iran included a large number of "bunker-buster" bombs, permission to use an air corridor to Iran, an advanced technological system and refueling planes.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Thanks Interestinggg! Now I guess we just wait and see.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is insane! I just don't know what to say anymore. It all seems so hopeless now. It appears WWIII is coming and can not be stopped. I think I am going to start spending even more time with my family. Start preparing for the worst to come.
I am asking God right now to please stop these clearly insane demons in charge of this country and others.

new topics

top topics

join