It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Got A Million Dollars From A Distant Relative, Now What?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
AD - I'm not a fan of red-meat, but perhaps (because I'm assuming it will be wild) I could make an exception? Something about the chemicals and additives they put in our food makes me paranoid... If not, I can eat steamed vegetables from our Garden for the rest of my life. (Seriously Steamed Broccoli is amazing).

MamaRush - I am allover the Music! Don't you worry, I'll have mixed cd's and iPod playlists that will be sure to satisfy everyone!!!

I love that Wuk and Q are gonna be takin' care of us! Cooking, and Cleaning, and Building stuff... I shoulda got me a Live-in fix-it multi-taskin' man a long time ago!

I should start learning how to Can Food, so that we can have yummies in the Winter Time!!!

Perhaps I'll get one of those "internet anywhere" usb things, that way, we can ATS it up whenever we want! Seriously, we'll miss this place. How ELSE will we get our daily fix? Seriously, I don't like missing a day around here...

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Honey you eat whatever you like. Just gotta learn to cook it over a wood stove or open fire. I guess we'll have to splurge on a few generators huh?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm going to apologize to Q-Ball, for basically hijacking this thread and getting it completely off topic.
Anybody wants to join me at my cabin..can do so.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Oh, me too....I'm just as responsible. Sorry Q.

Pssst, CA...don't forget the Eagles!

Rush

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I would wait until the stock market plunged and buy up as many shares as poss of businesses I know the Government won't allow to completely go and then wait for the market to soar back up.

Same for the housing market.

I would also look into accounts with interest and possibly compound interest.

I would set myself up as my own boss with a small shop that sells "unique" clothing, alternative clothing and various accesories and make-up and stuff like that.

I don't particularly relish the idea of being a shop worker when I am 50 or even 40 and having someone who 25 or 30 giving me orders, I mean if I allow that to happen to me what does that say about how I have used all those years I have been on this planet?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

Originally posted by q_ball
PS worst case, ill do the cleaning!

Those are the most romantic words that I have ever heard. Where's my tissues?

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Where will you plug it in?
No electricity allowed in my cabin.

Well then how are we supposed get on ATS to make fun of the reptillian threads? Don't forget that I have a motorhome...with a gas powered generator, so we can have Electricity/Heat/ATS Nights on Fridays. CA, can you arrange the music?

Rush

lol the most romantic words ever heard? I cleaned the car, the yard then helped to make dinner last saturday...its a norm for me dont really mind it these days cant be stuck in the stone ages for ever now can we?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Half for my parents, no questions asked.
2 3rds of mine go into saving's the rest is free money to do what I like.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I would set up a non-profit and place very trustworthy people in charge of it with myself. Then, I would donate that money to the NPO and use it to buy up as many houses in my area as I could do feasibly. (The area I live is depressed and inner city houses can sell for $10-$20k.) Then I would set up the non-profit to where we rent these houses only for the amount required to pay for overhead on the property (taxes, maintenance, etc.), and a slightly little more as a whole to invest in buying more properties.

The end result would be to perpetually lower rental rates so that you could start a collective bargaining program with the city to clean up neighborhoods, influence local industry and business, and stimulate the local economy by taking away the largest expense for the average family - rent or mortgage payments.

By this, I think that would be the best thing I would do with $1 million dollars. I figure it would make a positive improvement in at least 25 to 30 low-income families lives and have room to improve many more if the money and investments were managed correctly.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join